How to clone a black remote fob .... | Page 16 | FerrariChat

How to clone a black remote fob ....

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by eric355, Dec 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Hi Guys,

I just got a 360 today and even though I was promised two keys and the master red remote it only came with one key and the black remote and nothing else.

Given that the seller is 2000 miles away I want to have a backup plan in case they 'cannot find' the missing items.

So -- some questions -- what's the latest knowledge on:

(1) Where do I get blank FOBs?

(2) I understand the gentleman in Milwaukee can clone the remotes

(3) Where do I get key banks -- I am reading that the VESPA key works the same? I don't think I want to pay $250 per blank as I have seen advertised

Many thanks.

2. MarkOz

MarkOz Rookie

Jul 4, 2011
    N/A
    Congratulations on the 360!!

I have two original (Australian delivered) 550 FOBs available, which I believe will work with the 360 if you need them send me a PM.

I understand Ricambi has key blanks to suit.

Cheers

3. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Sent you a PM.

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    The post above your first today confirms plain blanks can be got from Ricambi if you cannot find one at a major key shop - the specific type (which has different names) has been regularly posted : FT46 I think

Also download the document about fobs (or look here) to double check Oz fobs are suitable - they may be a different frequency

5. gburkett

gburkett Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Glenn Burkett
    Yes, please be advised that Euro Fobs use a different frequency than US and Canada Fobs. I am not clear at all on the Australian frequency. The US fobs for the 360, 550, and 575 are all the same Bosch item. Also Gobble has fobs that he clones to match yours, no need to buy used remotes. The price of the fobs is included in the cloning price. Just contact him and send your old fob. I too was surprised the keys cut as well as they did, but worked perfectly.

6. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    My backup plan would be that it would take about 2 days max for a copy of my $2500+ Ferrari Service Department invoice to reach the seller and no more than a month for the first legal letter to follow!

Why allow his problem become your problem?

Congrats on the car BTW :)

7. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Agreed -- will try this avenue as well but sometimes it may not be worth the hassle to litigate (or threaten thereof) in a jurisdiction 2000 miles away.

8. Lawrencekzho

Lawrencekzho Rookie

Nov 17, 2012
    Hello Eric355 if you are around,

I just got my 360 last week, I love the car but I only has one keyfob :-(. I will need your help for cloning the keyfob. Sorry, I can't PM you here, so could you please email me on [email protected].

Appreciated,

Lawrence

9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Whilst Eric (& Gobble) can undoubtedly help you might want to ask in the Australian section in case there is someone more local

10. Lawrencekzho

Lawrencekzho Rookie

Nov 17, 2012
    Hi all,

Anyone in Australia can help me cloning 360 keyfobs?

Thank you in advance,

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  12. syrinx001

syrinx001 Rookie

Jun 8, 2011
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Tony
    i have 1 red remote and just purchased 2 new black ones that I need cloyned to the red one. does anybody know where or who I can send them to, to have the programing done for me?

I can be emailed at [email protected] I have a 2001 360 modena

13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #388 greyboxer, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    Since it appears you have not read any of the posts above yours how do you know this is the right thread !

About three quarters of the last twenty posts contain the names of the contacts and several are by the contacts themselves........

14. syrinx001

syrinx001 Rookie

Jun 8, 2011
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Tony
    wow thanks for the schooling........

15. gburkett

gburkett Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Glenn Burkett
    CPA Gobble is the man!!

16. Mavros

Mavros Rookie

Aug 22, 2013
    UK
    Nothing comes up for messaging you Eric! I must be doing something wrong.

17. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome : go to user cp then edit options & check you have messaging turned on

18. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    A new procedure has been instituted for all new users in the last year due to increasing spam activity. New users have their posts placed in a moderation queue pending approval by a moderator. During this probationary phase, which lasts 2-3 posts, the messaging system is not available either.

19. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ok I recently purchased the 360 with only 1 FOB and 1 key. I went online to try and find another. I did get a key and FOB. Funny part is that the key worked w/o any touch up! (how does that happen). So I tried the FOB well it needed batteries we replaced them but no the FOB didn't work. So, I tried to clone it. I work at an electronics OEM. We unsoldered the EEPROM's downloaded the info of both. The original did not seem to have any info on it but the clone did. So we copied the original onto the clone tried it out and it didn't work.
    The LED lights on both and the original still works. Both SAW's are the same. Any thoughts?

20. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    No info in the original ?? That's obviously a problem! So, what have you copied in the clone??

Now let's suppose that the cloning went OK, have you tried to press the clone several times (10 to 20) ??

21. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The original had no info other than a bunch of FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF's on all lines.
    The clone's file had a series of numbers and letters. When he cloned it I tried the original and it still worked (Whew)!. The clone did not - I tried clicking that thing about 50 x's.
    I also tried opening and closing the door with the key etc.

22. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    You sure it wasn't in upside down or not held in the adapter correctly? They can be finicky sometimes.

23. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yea we checked it a couple of times just to make sure. It didn't make any sense at all. I have the text files and you can tell fairly quickly that the original had all the f's and the clone had all the data. My friend asked me a few times if the original was really the original. I actually was pretty worried when I went to start my car. But I took pictures and wrote down the IC #'s etc. just to make sure. We wiped the clone clean and uploaded the original. But it didn't work.

24. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mike- No way a fob will work without the normal sequence of alpha-numerics with fob ID, rolling code, etc. Have gobble or eric355 clone it for you and you will not have any problems. Plus they will have a record of the fob contents in case you ever damage or lose the original.

25. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yep That's probably what I'll do. I already spoke to gobble and I plan on driving up there on a saturday in the near future. Not this weekend cause all the Harley guys will be in Milwaukee. This way I can check it out immediately plus I'll be able to put a few miles on it at speed. Thanks.