How to dash lights guide V1.1 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How to dash lights guide V1.1

Discussion in '308/328' started by magnum, Mar 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    You're welcome!

2. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    I will try Brian!

And thanks for the compliments about my 308 bits shop!!!
    Yes, a lot!!!

Cheers

3. redqv

redqv Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2015
    Almost Oregon, California
    Full Name:
    Ron Stevens
    Magnum, First let me say how helpful you have been with the Dash Light Guides! I am in the middle of switching over to LEDs and you have made so easy. (Except for one bolt on the steering wheel where someone used too much Lock Tight!). It has been awhile since you posted the Guides, and the lights seem to change so quickly, could I ask you what "brightness" you ended up using? (Lumens - lm) I will be using the warm white as I prefer the green color. Again thank you so much for your hard work.

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Someone invent an green version!

5. redqv

redqv Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2015
    Full Name:
    Ron Stevens
    I'm working on the "Green Version" Actually the warm white version, because as I understand it, the warm white comes out green. I am having an terrible time trying to find T5s and BA9s in similar color temperature and lumens. The only website that gives a decent description is SuperBrightLed.com. I wish I could find another source and If anyone knows of such, please let me know. The sources in "Magnums How to..." don't seem to be around anymore. By the way, I also need new steering wheel bolts - don't ask - but think "easy out".

6. redqv

redqv Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2015
    Full Name:
    Ron Stevens
    I have finished my dash light conversion to LEDs and am very happy with the results. I tried to keep the stock "Green Glow" using LED bulbs around 2500-3000 Kelvin, but also wanted to make sure that the warning lights were bright enough. I ended up with a bit of a hybrid selection, but the gauge lighting is greenish and the warning lights are bright! I have attached a list in pdf format which shows what LEDs I used and where I got them, hoping this helps the next guy doing the conversion.

Attached Files:

Saabguy, thorn and Martin308GTB like this.
  7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy