How to upgrade Maserati Stereo | FerrariChat

How to upgrade Maserati Stereo

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by scott63, Jun 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Is there any easy and inexpensive way to upgrade the stereo in a 2003 Maserati? I would think the speakers would be the easiest... The system also needs more power. Any suggestions?

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Scott, I looked into doing the samething in my coupe but I just have not had the chance to get it done. I would change the speakers for sure but would also suggest an amp if you really want to do it right, if I remember you will a multi channel amp with a sub output. My guys were going to wire in a separate volume control for the subs. To dit it right you are probably looking at somewhere around $2,500.00 alot of labor involved. I have a coupe so yours may be different.

3. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    I went the halfway route with my latest coupe - just replacement of the speakers (JBLs I think). I forget how much it was exactly, but it wasn't cheap (> $1000 including labor). I am sure I could have done cheaper, but these folks were recommended by my dealer and had experience with Maseratis. The improvement in sound quality is noticeable versus my previous Maser, sound clarity is much better.

I briefly thought about putting in a replacement amp, but there is not much room to put it. The installer said there was no room under the seats, which would necessitate mounting in the trunk. And we all know just how much extra room there is in the trunk!