How well would Hamilton do in the Schumacher/Hakinnen period? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

How well would Hamilton do in the Schumacher/Hakinnen period?

Discussion in 'F1' started by ren0312, Sep 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Meanwhile Nando heads off into oblivion,soon to be forgotten.

Blackmamba and william like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Diva or not, he is winning and adding victories to his name.

Blackmamba, BOKE, kraftwerk and 2 others like this.
  3. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

He certainly comes across as being self-obsessed

Yes, more trinkets should follow.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You mean like Clark, Ascari, Fittipaldi or Hakkinen??? In addition to a Le Mans victory... So yes, he might be forgotten by those looking no further back then the time their poster boys started or those who approaching Alzheimer

SimCity3 and daytona355 like this.
  5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hmm. Let's see: Unlike the much heralded MS who even after retirement still had "Michael Schumacher Collection" stands at the races, I've never seen a special booth with the "Hamilton collection"...:cool:

6. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well he certainly isn't on his own with that...

Blackmamba likes this.
  7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ermm I didn't know that, proving you can learn something everyday on here, if you look hard enough ;)

8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Demand => Supply ;)

stavura, fil, Jeronimo GTO and 2 others like this.
  9. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I didn’t know Michael made his own fan wear, that’s awesome, how did he find the time? I always thought ferrari had management agencies to do that stuff to make money.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

sammysaber likes this.
  10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    A couple of years ago I was at the Belgium GP and they still had his big van there selling everything with MS logo and face on it. Given the state he is in now, a rather dubious thing. Then again his booth was right next to the "Ayrton Senna Collection". Looking at these two side by side was somewhere between a display in bad taste and something out of a zombie/horror flick. How about selling some pictures of JFK while you're at it?

Blackmamba, kraftwerk and william like this.
  11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    One day you have to explain us what selling merchandising has to do with being self-obsessed...

stavura, sammysaber and daytona355 like this.
  12. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    IMO, Hamilton is too much of a diva. Hamilton's success is largely due to the brilliance of team strategy and his teammate. He would have been spanked hard by all those "Men" back in MS's day......as would most drivers on the grid today.

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Are you talking about Formula 1?

william likes this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Really? How do you feel about people watching concerts of Dean Martin or frank Sinatra, or buying their music?

What’s wrong with buying memorabilia of your favourite drivers, current or past? I think you are trying to press a point that really doesn’t exist

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

sammysaber likes this.
  15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You are entitled to think that if that tickles your fancy, but Hamilton is racing an doing well NOW, not back in Schumacher's time.

As far as I remember, the German owed a lot of his success to brilliant team strategy in the Ferrari pits too, and team mates like Irvine and Barichello letting him pass.
    So your argument to denigrate Hamilton's success is ather deflated.

tifosi12, Blackmamba and ktu like this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Don't forget the illegal traction control on the Benneton

tifosi12, Blackmamba and william like this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I don’t remember schumi having to pass Irvine, Herbert, massa or barrichello that much on his way to world titles, unless he was lapping them, or on a different pit strategy. He was usually leading them off the line and for the entire race.... of course, on occassion one managed to have a good run, and when necessary for a championship, they did what Nico, kovalienen and bottles do for elton now, and take the team order to get the **** out the way, as they should, given Michael had proved his worth as the team leader and they were there to be number two, rear gunners, or do you know something we don’t?

That’s a rhetorical question, of course you don’t hehehehehehe

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Proof? If there was any, then the titles would have been reversed, and they haven’t been. How’s the oil burning by the way, or the tyre testing that was illegal, or the use of last seasons tyres this year becuase poor little princess couldn’t switch on his tyres, or the flexing wing, or movable floor, or rear wheel steering system?

sammysaber likes this.
  19. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Not sure re the whereabouts of the Hamilton collection - did you check the bathroom vending machines alongside the condoms, tampons, and indigestion tablets ?

Joking aside, you're saying that Schuey's merchandise van was at Spa a couple of years ago - do you think he's still controlling his image in the state he's in ? And Senna is dead. Nothing much to do with being self obsessed - more to do with merchandising which neither are probably aware of in their present states.

Best,
    Sammy

daytona355 likes this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

If I remember right, Schumacher was once disqualified from the result of a world championship one year and had all his points taken away for deliberately ramming Jacques Villeneuve's car to eliminate him fom the ace.
    I am not sure, but I think he is the only driver in the history of F1 to have incurred that penalty.

So I rather smile when people worship him and take him as a benchmark in F1.

Blackmamba likes this.
  21. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    If I remember right (and google could well prove me wrong), McLaren was the only team in recent history to have incurred the penalty of losing all constructors points due to cheating. And Hamilton blatantly lied to the stewards prior to Dennis leaving. So I rather smile when people worship Hamilton and take him as a benchmark in F1.

Best,
    Sammy

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  22. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No sentiment in business where there's money to be made, sad.

tifosi12, Blackmamba and william like this.
  23. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Keep talking about him Sammy I like it ...:D

Blackmamba, sammysaber and william like this.
  24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

McLaren was stripped of all its constructors points by the FIA following the 2007 spygate, but the drivers kept their points and their ranking that year.
    In fact McLaen hadn't been cheating as such, just denying they had illegally received Ferrari data
    The spygate was mostly a showdown between Max Mosley of the FIA and Ron Dennis at McLaren, following a long standing rivalry.

As for Hamilton, he made his statement as instructed to support McLaren's defence: not unusual for an employee.
    Hamilton's attitude on that account is miles better than Alonso who TWICE betrayed his team and threw the team principal Under the bus!

Tyrrell is the team that was caught cheating by racing with underweight cars and making the weight up at the end of the race by topping up the cooling system with lead balls.

Blackmamba and kraftwerk like this.
  25. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hot off the press guys, McLaren soon to receive its £100million fine from 2007 back after controversially, forum members at Fchat decided that it wasn’t cheating that they were accused of and proven by finding the evidence in their computers and by examination of parts manufactured to match ferrari intellectual property........ wow, this is big.....eleven years coming and uncle Ron will be putting a plaque up at the McLaren technology centre.

interestingly, no one accused elton of lying at the spy gate enquiry as far as I can see, but he was PROVEN to be lying to the stewards at a race, I think it was to hide McLaren failing to provide fuel samples, but I could be wrong, and it could be something else, but definately a proven liar. Classy

:) :)

I love fchat, a wealth of knowledge that transcends even the courtrooms of the FIA. Scary really

stavura and sammysaber like this.