How were QV seat selt buzzers disconnected? | FerrariChat

How were QV seat selt buzzers disconnected?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Alex308qv, May 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex308qv

Alex308qv Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    PA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    My '85 QV (US model) had its seat belt warning disconnected and, before doing a lot of searching, want to ask owners if they know the most likely place these systems got unplugged.

From the manual and wiring diagram, the Fasten Seat Belt light and buzzer should stay on until the driver's belt is buckled. I should also have an "acoustic signal" when the driver's door is opened and the key is left in the ignition. I have neither, but the Fasten Seat Belt light does come on for two seconds when the ignition is switch to On.

I see "79 - Switch on driver's safety belt" in the diagram and see wiring coming from under the console to the buckle, but not sure where there is a connector. I also see "121 - Unfastened safety belts device" in the diagram, but am not sure where this is device is located. Nothing obvious at the fuse panel. Thanks.

2. Alex308qv

Alex308qv Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    PA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Perfect thanks. I searched for "308 QV seat belt buzzer" which does not get you to that thread, but this thread should now make the linkage for others.

3. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I never did find out why my buzzer isn’t working. It’s connected. Light comes on for a few seconds and shuts off. I gave up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk