How would YOU improve Maserati? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How would YOU improve Maserati?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Bill Sawyer, Feb 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scuderiaf355

scuderiaf355 Rookie

Sep 8, 2005
    The problem could not be solved alone by Ferrari/Maserati N.A. It is the Italian parent that is screwing things up. Just when things were starting to look exciting with the Gransport and QP they decide to throw away all that brand building and lump it with Alfa.

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I agree this is the one of the main reasons for lack of confidence in the brand. Lets face it would you invest in the Italian automobile industry at the moment?, heck I wouldn't and thus these struggling companies have little cash to develop their products.

The second reasons IMO, is that the market is saturated ... quite honestly there is no need for Maserati in the current market place. You want a coupe, you can buy Alfa Romeo, Jaguar, BMW 6 series, etc ...

You want a sporty saloon ... well heck you buy one of the many BMW's or Mercedes offered and their are others.

Who the heck wants to take risks with a new Maserati ... many will take that risk with a Ferrari, but not just a coupe or saloon. I also think the Q just looks bland, lacks Italian flare the old model had, which was shape and taught. Thus it sold (at small numbers) cause it looked so racy, elegant, etc. ... I would not spot the current Q car in morning Sydney traffic at all, just looks like a car, nothing special.

In the end we have too many brands fighting over the same customers. Maserati and probably Alfa Romeo have to go. When you buy a saloon car (no matter how flashy) you want reliability first ... Italians cannot compete here, simple as that.
    Pete

3. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    ur telling me people who buy jags, audis, benzes get reliability?

4. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    lol.
    maserati buyers are probably those who are sick of those cars in the first place and in search of something above and beyond.
    and i have no idea that sydney city traffic are littered with exotic pininfarina designs.

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    LOL :D

Case in point. I have seen 2 Maserati (previous model) Q's, actually make that 3 (but pretty sure that 2 are the same car) and 1 was on the back of a tow truck ;). I do have to say this model is stunning.
    I meant that the new Q is so UNexotic that it would not be noticed. Different thing :) ... and yes I have seen one in the flesh, and walked right on past to find something interesting to look at.

Pete

6. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    One of my sister's neighbors did have his 7 Series catch fire-while it was in the garage. Thank God he had a fire extinguisher handy. Another had to have the tranny in his 500SL replaced after 5K miles of ownership. No car is perfect-I don't care who builds'em.....

7. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.

And the thousands of random Audi's and Volkswagens that catch on fire, beamers with crazy electronics, rotten mercedes coming back for lemon laws?
    I can name a fare sare of German cars that are far worse than the italian competition, your example is plain silly.

people that dont want headaches buy Lexus