HSR 24 Hour Daytona Event | Page 4 | FerrariChat

HSR 24 Hour Daytona Event

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BartonWorkman, Sep 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    That 333-SP is #001.

BHW

2. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Yes, the red 333 is 001.

My post was referring to the question posed in post #62.

CW

3. anconbrat

anconbrat Karting

Jul 9, 2011
    East central Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Morton
    Really appreciate your sharing the video. You may (or may not) be a pro but the cars and sounds were outstanding. No loud music, no excess narrative, just good historic car stuff. Looking forward to the next one!
    Don

4. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #79 Str8shooter, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks!

I really take notice of all the elements you described. I try and add some music to spice it up just a bit but really want the sound of the cars to shine. Thinking of something to say and then recording it is the hardest part for me. I try to say just enough so those that know the least about what is going on in the video can gain an understanding without, as you say, being excessive for those that already know. The struggle is to find the best balance for a wider audience.

When I grow up I want to make videos just like Petrolicious :)

While we're on 333SPs I'll throw up this pic I took yesterday of #036.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    The oddly colored 333Sp only ran in segments 1 and 4. (The 1st and last.) It did not finish either segment, although it was clearly the fastest car in either. In fact, in segment 4 it started dead last and was in 1st after 2 3/4 laps.
    After about 20 minutes in each segment, it seemed to go off song. I'm making a wild guess that some electrical component went slightly haywire when it got hot. What a fantastic sound, though!! The first 24 hrs I ever went to was in 1995 when the 333 sp made its debut there, and I was there in '98 when Moretti won in the Momo Ferrari. Great times!

6. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    #81 David Lind, Dec 13, 2014
  7. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    #82 David Lind, Dec 13, 2014
  8. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    #83 David Lind, Dec 13, 2014
  9. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    This years event is coming up. I don’t remember paying $50 for a ticket and $15 to park-ouch.

10. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That pricing has been in place for a few years now.

what sucked this year was that the infield stands and bathrooms were all closed. We had to stand along the fence to watch, and to sit down we had to go sit in the car.

I think I spotted one open bathroom on the outside of turn 5 when we were leaving, but other than that you had to walk into the paddock, and there was one open at the entrance to the fan zone.

That said, here are a few crappy iPhone pictures. It was tough to get a good one inside the garages with the glare from the bright sunshine outside.

(Oh, and I posted a couple of pictures in the P&R section of the Action Express car #45.)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. chopperdr

chopperdr Formula Junior

May 10, 2009
    oceanside/vancouver
    Full Name:
    cal meeker
    GuyIncognito likes this.