Huge Thanks to Ferrari of Central New Jersey | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Huge Thanks to Ferrari of Central New Jersey

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by aleventhal, Sep 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Those forms are for the birds. Call them (during business hours) and talk to someone; schedule an appointment. Or, like you said, just drop by. It's a fantastic facility and the people there are top notch. You won't be disappointed. :)

2. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    I was going too...but then people started going off that I must have screwed up the "schedule service" request online....I'm not in a rush, so I figured lets just have some fun with it. Besides on a Saturday nobody can schedule it...right? (review post above, guy says shop is closed on Sat)

3. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    UPDATE:

Well sure enough I got my Saturday morning wake up call from Mike @ FofCNJ. Bringing the car in next week and having the service done while I wait....

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I hear their White Castle rivals anyone's cappuccino.

5. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    good. you won't be disappointed

6. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    would like to share a story about their customer service

I spoke with Mark yesterday regarding service on my 360

I wanted to put my car in for fluid changes, oil changes, and all that jazz in a few weeks

Mark easily could have said bring in your car, do all this service that's not needed, and make a buck. Instead he told me to drive the car for the rest of the season, enjoy it, put it away for the winter, and he set me up with an appointment for next march. He said why spend all this money now when it's not needed - wait till next season and we'll get it done at the right time then

I don't know about you but I can't think of any other dealership or vendor that has told me to NOT give them my money. FoCNJ is looking out for my best interests and told me what is best for me and my wallet. They have my 110% trust

FoCNJ,hands down, are the type of guys i want to do business with. Very honest, hard working, and geniune folks. Great stuff

7. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    I can see holding off on a belt service til the spring...but why fluids? Isn't it better to have it done BEFORE putting the car away for the winter? That is the impression I was on, and why I was going to get it done now. Nobody advised me to wait....

8. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    I'm sure thier relieved that your coming so they can pay the rent.

9. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    oh geez. Every car is different right? I just had the fluids changed in the summer.

relax

10. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    focnj....class dealership, class folks, end of story.

i have lost count of the number of stories that demonstrate this dealer going above and beyond for their customers.

11. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    And even non-customers!

12. 96GTS

96GTS Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2004
    yup non-customers too (Well there is stuff to buy)

I love going FOCNJ every now and then, I like meeting new people at the F1 GP viewings. Whenever I'm on Route 1 now I see a Ferrari on a flatbed. Since I'm so close sometimes after class I head over there just to see if they got anything new. Chris jokingly said to me once, "Buddy if you win the lottery I know the first place your going to" :D

--RS

13. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Be sure to post up your amended opinion when you get back home.

14. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Agree. I ask Mike these questions (what should be done and when) and I take his advice and I have 100% peace of mind because I know if something happens there is a real dealer with quality people behind me. You want the true definition of luxury? No worries. Thats FoCNJ.

best regards,
    Jerry

15. azew

azew Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2006
    New York
    What impresses me about service at Ferrari of Central New Jersey is the fact that they really take their time to listen and understand what you want and then they do their best to give you options and help you get what you really need. Too often dealers will just do what someone thinks they need ++ and take their money. Not Central NJ. They have earned my respect and loyalty as a result.

On top of that, the effort is truly a team effort - it isn't just Mike and the service folks but also Chris and the sales team. They all collaborate, follow up and follow through.

16. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Carby:

Yes - I am on the list for a California, and I do plan on ordering and purchasing one from FoCNJ. As I said they are the best dealership I have ever been involved with and I am pleased I will be able to do business with them. That said, I have seen some people in the California section say they have already "ordered" cars, adn I don't think this is possible. My understanding is that the ordering information (colors/options/pricing) will not even be at US dealers for another month or two. Maybe I am wrong though. Anyway, I plan to have a great time using the California as a *car*.

Alex

17. BCS

BCS Karting

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ/NY
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #42 BCS, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
    Agreed with all the positive comments about FOCNJ!! The entire staff is 1st class all the way!!!

If anyone has had a negative experience, you must have been acting like a Douch* or a crying baby. These guys are 100% straight shooters and the best dealership i've ever dealt with!!!

18. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I hope you remember to post pics when your California arrives!

19. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Hah! I want to see the tag "BABYFIAT" on that thing! In the snow, too! :D

Congrats, Alex

20. Scuderia VA

Scuderia VA Karting

Oct 16, 2004
    #45 Scuderia VA, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Interesting thread.

FOCNJ’s numerous advertisements on various publications state, "World Class Cars... World Class Location..." But more importantly, why I keep coming back to them is the World Class People.

Your mileage may vary but I do not know why. For me there is no other Ferrari sales and service provider than FOCNJ. I drive over 5 hours (at times with trailer in tow) to service, buy, or trade my Fcars and/or gather with fellow Tifosi at one of their top shelf catered events.

Chris Miele and his crew are always there to provide the full life cycle F-car camaraderie and support. As many others have experienced, the FOCNJ culture and support that he has established is the real deal. To pull from another auto-maker's slogan--- There is no substitute. World class cars---check, World Class Location---check... But the former two aren’t worth a thing without the World Class People like Miele and his crew.

JSanocki---- I hope your experience and opinion will be different once your car has been serviced and I look forward to your post that will set the record straight. Hopefully the smile on your face was as ear to ear as mine when I left their facility about a month ago. I was there to pick up my freshly prepped new car.

Here's a pic of the service department and crew after two of them assisted me in getting my car in the trailer ensuring that everything was perfect. Yes... "...Poor customer service..." at its finest (insert sarcasm here).

Richard P.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Alex, I'm glad you're getting one and plan to drive it. I'm interested to see what you order because, if I recall correctly, none of your cars are red/tan. It's nice to know someone's driving these things. :)

LOL...! Describing Chris as a "straight shooter" is a bit of understatement, isn't it...? :)

Hey, Richard, is that your Scuderia in the background...?

22. Scuderia VA

Scuderia VA Karting

Oct 16, 2004
    Carbon,

Yes. Scuderia in Rosso Corsa. Hope all is well with you...

Richard

23. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    All is well here, brother, I hope the same for you. Give me a call sometimes - I broke my phone and lost all my numbers, otherwise I'd give you a ring.

24. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    who is this CM character you guys all talk about

25. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    He is legendary, once he gets you in his sights, forget about it, you're done!!!!