Hurricane Frances | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Hurricane Frances

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Sloan83qv, Aug 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    We (I) am waiting for this mess to get through Tallahassee. We've only had minor wind and rain bursts for now, but those are just the outer bands. It'll be interesting to see what happens if Frances enters the gulf and goes N-NW.

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    So how was the car show in Palm Beach yesterday ? :) LOL

3. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Agree - Leaving most my shutters up till next weekend, just in case.

Re: TV - What an overplay....The reporters try to over hype it all. Fox showed a reporter on Hollywood Beach that could bearly stand up due to wind and in the background were two kids on bikes playing. I noticed that some reporters also removed the wind buffer (foam over mic) to make the wind sound like it's really blowing.

Don't get me wrong...many suffered from this event and my prayers go out to them...loss of home, biz, etc. But the TV reporters should be held to more ethical standards.

4. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Glad to hear that everyone here is o.k., and that hopefully the damage isn't too bad.

We're still enduring a good deal of wind and rain here, especially now that the storm is headed northerly! Luckily, the only damage sustained was a couple shingles blew off, roof blew off the kid's tree-house, a small tree (that I was going to cut down anyways) blew over, and our pool screen enclosure took a real beating. Funny thing is we just had it re-screened last summer -- oh well, maybe it's time to just tear it down for good.

Only had one power outage last night for a couple hours, and internet was down all day.

Other than that, everything is real soggy with tree limbs everywhere. Neighbor had the top half of one of her pine trees snap off and land in her roof!

Oh, and the Ferrari's are safe and sound :)

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope Ivan isn't anything like Frances!

5. thadbrown

thadbrown Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    i am alive if anyone cares....all the beer is dead though RIP. i am going to leave up the shutters for ivan. fun stuff

6. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Just a quick check in. Over 300 emails to wade through.

Made it through the storm - pretty much just landscaping damage - but OH SO MUCH of it. 150 year old baynan trees ripped right out of the ground. Lots of coconuts and palm frons everywhere. But no major injuries.

Never lost power in my parents neighborhood. Stared at the forcasts for four days - I can still see the "pinwheel" if I close my eyes.

Trying to clean up and prepare for the potential horror of Ivan the Terrible.

Wish us luck that he takes a turn to the west.

Scottie in Boca