© 2020 MOTORSPORT NETWORK. All rights reserved.
Sign up to receive latest updates for Ferrari News, Threads, and Classifieds
Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by JSinNOLA, Sep 13, 2004.
Where is everyone going to go if you evacuate? Let's hope this beast doesn't come any closer!
To remove this ad click here.
I'll be hanging out at the house in Madeville .
In that case I will be forced to go ahead and relieve you of your 348. You won't be needing it in the next life
Seriously, you wouldn't consider staying through a mandatory evac?
I went to blue harbor shell in Mandeville to get gas earlier. I think half the city was there. They were out of everything except V Power. I heard some other stations were out of regular as well. I wonder if they are really out or just see a way to make people but premium. I have to use it anyway......
We are staying at home in Covington.
If things get bad where would be the best place to go? I would thing north or west. Jackson?
I'm guessing there will be the usual below monroe street evac for mandeville. I have heard below I-12 would be voluntary.
I hope to get some pics of the lakefront if it is underwater again.
I'm up in Ruston for college right now...so I haven't really been following it, how likely is it to hit N.O.?
When the last big hurricane hit and we had to evacuate we nearly had to sleep in the car because ever single room was booked up...that won't happen again. There is no way my parents will try and evacuate by car, they will just buy a plane ticket and fly somewhere far from the path of the hurricane. It seems like a great idea to me, fly somewhere that is somewhere and you won't be bored out of your mind watching the weather channel, and you won't have to worry about wrestling with traffic.
How bout them dawgs.
I'm just gonna hang out. The Ferrari is in a garage, and I just bought a 4X4, so I'm not too worried about flooding. The wife will be working at the hospital and I'll be home with the dogs. Wouldn't do any good to leave anyway, there are no rooms in Ms, no rooms as far north as Shreveport, and probably nothing east of Houston by now. Besides, I'm not convinced we'll get anything more than some mild wind and lotsa rain.
Chip, I was about to post that, this is getting worse and worse!
Got a room in Shreveport, but I just looked on Travelocity and they have a last minute deal for a flight out wednesday to vegas with a room at Mandalay with a return flight Sunday for $550
2 years ago I fled to Vegas, so I might do it again, lol
John, Sounds like a plan.
Hmmm Shreveport or Las Vegas
Not much of a choice. LOL
The 10pm path is even further west. Time to get outta dodge.
Will probably chill out in Slidell tonight and make final decision in the morning.
Decided against Vegas because I couldn't figure out where to store my car, so Houston here I come!
I searched online for hours this evening and could not find anything decent in Houston. Then I signed up for expedia and got a room in the Intercontinental. Funny because I called the Intercontinental an hour before and they claimed they were booked, so hopefully this loophole can work for you guys!
Anybody heading for Houston, I have room......
I have some folks up Jackson, MS. way, as well. Stay out of the way!!!
This baby looks like it means business.
Dave 328 is right though, I'd ride one out in a Hospital. Big generators!!!!
I have surfboards as well....waxing them up...the swell should peak Wed.AM..
Good luck over there guys! I'd hate to lose my party spot over there with all of you. I can't imagine what this thing could do to New Orleans if it hits directly. Everyone be safe and get out your umbrellas.
If anyone can't find a room in Houston, College Station is about an hour Northwest. We have plenty of space and garages. Just give me a call in advance.
Dave, the t is what I'm thinking, my main concern is the trees by my house . From the projected path right now I think we will get maybe 60mph winds or so . If you want to leave the westbank, you are welcome here
Thanks Frank. I'm really not that concerned. I have one very sturdy swamp magnolia in the front yard, it's young so should fare pretty well. I'm going to put the BMW at a friends house that has no trees and very good elevation. I'll push the Honda into the street (since I don't own it anymore, the Ins Co. does ) and keep the truck out front. The best thing about this whole ordeal will be that the wife will be on lockdown at work in the hospital getting paid OT 24 hours a day, so I won't have to deal with any hysteria from her. My only real concern is the new house. But hell, it's covered under the builders insurance, so there really isn't much to worry about anyway.
As posted on the Florida>Ivan thread a few days ago:
Check this out - at first glance, this site doesn't look like much - but reams of current pics are online, along with updates and links.
this thing is headed right for you guys, even though they still say it will move east, I don't see it, prepare and be safe
we all are thinking about you. Be safe first and keep the F cars above water. My friend Mark Rosa got his car on the lift. We wish you the best.
OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like you guys might catch the west end of all this. Good luck to all of you. It's going to be a long night here in Pensacola. Water is already starting to creep up the road and docks are underwater. If you tune in to the weather channel you can check out Pensacola Beach and see that the waves are already hitting the bottom of the pier. We'll probably lose it but it is designed to come apart in sections. Hang tight guys.