I am an addict....I need help. Are there others like me in this community? | FerrariChat

I am an addict....I need help. Are there others like me in this community?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tomf-1, Apr 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ok...guys !!!!

Last evening, I was browsing through Dupontregistry then suddenly came across a stunning silver on black 550M w/ Fiorano package, red brakes, daytona seats, red deviated stitching and carbon fiber shifer and a brand new Tubi exhaust..After some preliminary detective work and talking to the "formerly" Ferrari of Los Gatos where the car was sold new and currently in their shop right now for a major service, I bought it this morning!!!!

My original intent for the next Ferrari is a 360M and here I am, the proud owner of a beautiful 550M. Sarah doesn't know yet....I decided to let her find out when it's delivered next week....I figure it's better to commit the sin and ask for forgiveness later...I am on my 3rd Ferrari in six months...I have a feeling some packing & apartment hunting are in order....Am I SICK? Is it normal? Are there anyone else out there like me?

ps: BTW, is anyone here whose residence is of proximity to Los Gatos? If you can stop by, ask for Ben and take a quick glance at the beast, I would appreciate it....Thanks.

2. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    Tom,

Let me know if you are looking for a roomate...my Testarossa, which is currently as Boston Sportscar getting the major done, will be brought home by me in the next week or so with no mention at all to my wife...who is still trying to figure out why my 3-Series BMW is on Ebay...and why I cleaned out the garage last weekend...and why I spend the majority of my time on FerrariChat.com...but I digress. ;-) I think it is an airborne virus of some sort...Ferrariittis??? She didn't say I couldn't get it, but said the following:

"Well, if you really want one..."

After 13 years of marriage I know what that means but I think I will take the forgiveness route like you. ;-) Congrats on the new car!!!

Cheers,
    Travis

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Marriage has taught me this lesson:

It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

-Daniel

4. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I understand the situation, but I fail to see the problem :D

3 F-cars in 6 months? Do you want to adopt a 21 y/o? LMAO!!!

5. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I'm negotiating on one 8000 miles away right now. I asked my wife if it was okay. Her response:

"If I say no, is it really going to stop you?"

She has given me approval. :) :) :)

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    ROTFLMAO

Use you that one too?

7. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I'll pay, don't know how much or when, but I'll pay.

8. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Make sure you wear a helmet!!

When I ordered my 360 Modena in late 1999, I didn't tell my wife. She didn't know anything about it for six months, until the week before the car's arrival. One of my friend told his wife and his wife called mine to ask whether she was excited about the new Ferrari. Needless to say, I was denied for 2 weeks.

My reason was siple. I alreay had a 328GTS, an F355 B in the garage and a 3rd Ferrai in my collection would surely get no symphty from her. Quite the contrary, she likes the idea, though she never drives my car. As a peace offering, I had to buy her a BMW X5 4.4, a car that I had earlier told her I din't have the budget for.

So in my case to get a new Ferrari I have to budget a new car for the wife as well. Not too bad!!

9. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ah man, everyday I have da blues. Everyday...

10. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Tom has a son, who I am sure would love to drive the Ferraris if Tom would let him!

Tom get rid of the Stang and give the kid the TR :D Be a cool dad, come on ;)

11. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    After driving a friend's TR last weekend I have been 'whiteknuckling' it all week, trying not to SERIOUSLY investigate a couple of TR's on the internet. Yes it's a sickness.....................................it's hopeless......................MAN!

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Tom,

Terrific news. Can't say that I blame you, as the 550 is one of the most gorgeous cars out there. I promised myself it would by next one as well. I hear that the Fiorano package is quite an install, and makes a material difference to the overall handling of the car. Good on ya!

How's the TR sale coming along? You offload that bad girl as yet?

Please post pics, or at least link to the site, so we can salivate together. ;)

Congratulations again my friend.

13. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I purchased mine and then asked/informed her that I had gotten in trouble while in Florida by myself. She was relieved that is was only a another car. Sounds like a tremendous car!

14. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thanks, Vic--- The 512TR is sold. I made a tactical error having the listing expired around lunch right in the middle of the week so the lack of audience probably cost me a few K's...Man, I am so Ebay challenged. At least, the buyer was a wonderful gentleman which was a huge consolation. Will post pics. Have a nice wk/end, Vic.

Tom,

15. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    LOL.... Classic, Victory.

Man, when I bought my Diablo awhile ago back, I rented a garage storage place...got my own insurance policy and succesfully hide the car for four months....until at lunch one day, she caught me backing out of the parking lot at Dean&Deluca in the Diablo...worse yet, I was in the company of an old friend whom she detested.......

Needless to say, the lock was changed when I came home that evening....That was the first of many more in the coming years all due to cars (ok...not all but most).

16. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Zorro--- Trust me....You deserve a better father figure..LOL.

17. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Good to know. Can't wait for the pics.

Vik.

18. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    BTW Tom. Great choice in a car!

19. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Dale-- I knew you'd be supportive. :)
    Thanks for the approbation.

Tom,

20. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thank God I am not alone....lol.

21. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    Come on, all us gals really care is that you come home to us!

Heh, but if I ever get married, I'm afraid I'd be wearing the car pants in the family...I'd like to at least have 3 exotics, in all reality.

Kudos on the new purchases, guys!

- Julie

22. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Oh, by the way, make sure to pump up that bass. ;)

(she looks outstanding)!

23. Orthoferrari

Orthoferrari Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Clearwater, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Tom you are not the only one. In just two years I have gone through vette, vette, Z06, Viper, Testarossa. At least you admitted it and bought Ferrari's. It took me four non-Ferrari's to give in. Now I am thinking hmm, 512TR, 360 ???, = sleep in garage.

24. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Congratulations on your purchase, Tom! I thought you were going to buy a 360. What made you change your mind? Your "sickness" seems like a good one. Is it contagios?

25. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    :) Hello everybody my name is.....