I am but an old fart. | FerrariChat

I am but an old fart.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Bart, Dec 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    My 550 is a lifetime dream. Now that money is secondary, buying an Enzo only means coming up with the price. The question is why. Money can buy me any Mercedes, McClaran, Bentley, or whatever. The question: is there any other car but the Maranello?

2. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Bart,

Welcome to the Hotel Ferrari

"You can check out, but you can't leave"

:)

3. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    You can buy spelling lessons :) McLaren man :)

4. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    should really take this up in group

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Maybe you should buy Des a 308?

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    There are a lot of great cars. If you're asking seriously. Having driven both I don't think a 550 belongs in the same sentance with a McLaren F1 but it shouldn't ever be about what someone else thinks. If you're happy with your 550 why should you care what anyone thinks?

7. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I look at it this way....the 550 is a great GT and the Enzo is the exotic supercar.
    Now I'm not sure I understand your question?.....but this 3-way design comparison photo might help. If I had to mate a comfortable 550 GT with an eye popping supercar Enzo, I think the results would look and drive like this

Murcielago is the Italian step-child in the Exotic world that offers the perfect blend of both, in one car ( if you can get past not having the Ferrari name plate). Even the price splits the difference right down the middle. Or, you can buy both the Ferraris. But why? Lamborghini did an amazing packaging job of a dependable daily driver, comfortable GT, and fast exotic racecar all in one.

Hey Bart, what industry are you in? I'm a Headhunter and I'm always keeping an ear out for companies and Directors that seem to be enjoying good business success. :) Any advice or Ideas? [email protected]

Good luck with your search, enjoy your shopping!

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Bart, I saw you today on PCH, I was the guy in the BLACK 355, I know you have done some serious mileage in your 550. What a great GT and so enjoyable to drive.
    Why not wait for the 575 replacement?

9. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    If you have to ask........

10. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    It is nice to wave at another Ferrari and later know he knew you. It was a beautiful day for a short drive.

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Bart unfortunately I was too late at Crystal Cove, but nice to see you enjoying and driving that beast, how many miles do you have now? 44,000?

12. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    No, not quite 43,000. I have not been able to travel lately. I hope to put a few thousand on it before spring.

To the headhunter:

My company gave me a 550 for what I did. Can you fine me a company which will give me an Enzo? I would think about that.

Happy New Year to all!!!

never drive less then a V-12!

13. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

Nice company giving away those 550's ....
    I was working for one giving away P-cars, and Honda gave out a few NSX's.

You'd have to tell me your industry...I've got a company now that is flush with cash and can't find a DSP Guru no matter how hard they look. I'm sure I could get a F40 out of them :) but Enzo? those are too expensive to maintian... $100k brake job? Sounds like a good car to rent in Germany just for the week and then give it back! I guess you didn't like my Lambo Idea? Same top speed... 1/4 the price?

14. fly

fly Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think you should take the job, Bart!