I am tall - will I fit in a 308? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I am tall - will I fit in a 308?

Discussion in '308/328' started by LSU348, Dec 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Was that a pretty simple process Arie? I plan to remove my seat and have a look at that possibility. I need to anyway as the back is a little loose so I plan to recon that problem. Will also look at the lowering possibilities. Jimpo pointed out I may be looking right over the top of the windshield wiper's sweep - 1" drop would fix that.

Also like the smaller steering wheel option. Will keep the stock one no matter what.

2. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr

When I had the seats recovered I cut the lower seat bars that run front to back between the seat tracks and then rewelded them, I only cut the back parts then bend the front down, this was very easy to do.
    I kinda wish I took pics of it.

I hope this will help.
    Arie.
    P.S.
    it makes the lower part of the seat alot narrower.

3. flashman

flashman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2004
    Star Valley, Arizona
    Full Name:
    William Rappaport
    I am 6'2" and have a 308GTSi, no problem fitting in with the top up or down. Just have to adjust the seat tilt back. I have also found that laying off the " Big Mac's even works better for me!

4. bert308

bert308 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    I have the seats out off my 308 at the moment, with the seat adjuster rails removed from the seats. I noticed that the hex bolt positions from seat to rails and from rails to floor match up, so i could install the seats without adjuster rails, only have to make brackets for the front of the seat. This will give 2 cm or nearly an inch extra room. Has anybody tried this before?

5. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I am 6'-2", and I fit in a 308 very well. The angle of the armrest on the door is angled perfectly - very comfortable.

6. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I am a Whopper man myself ;)

7. MRFOTOS

MRFOTOS Karting

May 26, 2003
    Maui, Hi
    I am 6' 2" and I fit OK in my 308 top on or off, but its the shoes that you have to worry about. Too long and the will rub under the dash, too wide and you'll be rubbing the brake petal while stomping on the gas. Plenty of room to Big Macs thoe, no problem there.

8. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I saw a guy in FoSF last week ordering a 575M. He was about 6'6". He said, "I need to get the seat customized so my legs dont hit the steering wheel. I dont care who does it, the factory or aftermarket". I saw him get in the car, and he fit fine, but he still wanted to get more room.

At FoD, they get a few B-ball and F-ball Denver players who get the seats customized.

Shaqille O'Neal had the seats removed in his 360, and then attached the seat upolstery on the floor and the rear panel. Lowered him about 4 inches. No seat, just a seat outline on the floor.

9. Davidlewis

Davidlewis Karting

Feb 9, 2002
    San Diego, Calif.
    Full Name:
    David Lewis
    I'm 6' 6" and I fit OK in my 308GTS.
    My head is about an inch from the roof, when on.
    My right knee is near the shift lever.
    I can put the top behind the seats (headliner forwards), but that is a bit cramped. I usually drive with the top left in the garage.
    People ask me how I fit in the 308 and I tell them it fits like a glove.
    This is a good description as it is a bit tight but it's fairly comfortable.
    I've even taken it on 2000 mile trips.
    Since I've owned the car 14 years, I guess I'm OK with it.
    At 6" 6", what else can I drive that reasonably fits me AND is also a lot of fun????

10. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wow!!! 6'6"?? Man! Well, now that I have the car and have driven it for a good bit (today) I am extremely happy with the comfort factor. My seating position is superb and my arms have three or four confortable spots to rest. Getting out is now far easier as I am used to it. I love the visibility in the car. Can see everything around me easily.

So in conclusion, the 308 (GTB and GTS) was obviously designed to give tall people the ability to be seated without taking yoga. The fit is actually quite comfortable...now to get my A/C to work :)