i buy 365 GT 2+2 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

i buy 365 GT 2+2

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by collecter, Feb 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #76 TTR, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Thank you Mr. McCoy, but if we're attempting to assist/help OP ("collecter") properly identify his/her new acquisition (?) without scaring him/her away from the forum, perhaps we should try keep things as simple and focused on his/her car instead of expansive and possibly difficult to digest (language barrier ?) lengthy explanations at this point.

BTW, I live in Magnolia Center area, just few miles south-west of downtown, but my restoration shop (= real home, where I spend 12-15 hrs of my days ?) with its current workload consisting of 3 Daytonas and few non-Italian vehicles, etc. has been (although, inconspicuously) on Jurupa Ave. for almost 25 years now, which all should provide additional proof for your questioning of intelligent life-form in Riverside to be correct.

2. FarEastFerrari

FarEastFerrari Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Agreed... there is something definitely odd about the lack of details, information, photos, etc. who is this guy? where did he buy the car? where are the photos of the car in question?

3. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Why haven't we seen the car in question yet?

That and the numero interno would be excellent, collector.

Matt

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    At this point, I know more than I'm posting - just awaiting confirmation, additional intel, and permission before I enrich and clarify my questions and comments. At the very least, readers and other posters alike deserve to know that there's obviously more to this story, and it will soon be disclosed.

I'll have to Google Magnolia Center and Jurupa. But I live in Rialto - a friend of mine refers to it as the land of the dirt people. Whenever I take a break from my database and crave civilization, I go have a drink at the Mission Inn - usually at Bella Trattoria or the Presidential Lounge; or I go Fleming's at Victoria Gardens.

Three Daytonas in your shop, huh? Perhaps I should familiarize myself with the Magnolia and Jurupa areas. :)

5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #80 TTR, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Yep, one of best comments of Riverside I've ever heard was when years ago a client from Newport Beach brought along a friend who on our way to lunch through some residential area near my shop said "Wow, it's true, they DO park their cars on front lawns here !".

Rialto, isn't that like some where near or behind Fontucky ?

I live/work about five minutes (few miles) from Mission Inn/Downtown, so within very easy reach of Macallan 18. Bella Trattoria is a non-starter for me (crappy service along with mediocre food, at best), but there are other decent dining experiences in town, Marios Place, Sevilla, etc to name a few along with many other excellent, more casual experiences. Next time you're in the area and if interested, we can have a drinks/lunch/dinner.

I've had everything from 1902 Autocar or 1906 Holsman to 1959 LWB Comp Cal. Spdr or 1967 (or so?) Maserati Prototipo related work in the shop over the years.

I too understood from the first post there's something more, but by now with all the "piranha" nibbling OP might've got cold feet...

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    You are right on the money. On New Year's Eve, instead of having drinks, we went into the back yard and fired off a .38 and probably have a dozen P89 clips. Cops didn't show, no one even called. I've been in Rialto just over a year; it's a weird place.

I, too, am interested in learning more about the different eateries in the area. I'm so picky, and so I'm immediately discriminative of new places and menus. Give Bella Trattoria one more try. I stopped going a few months ago when they stopped serving my favorite dish (the only dish there that actually had some flavor), and when they told me it was off the menu, I said, "Okay, take care." They got the manager and I explained the situation - been a regular for a while, I like this specific dish, etc. - he (Gary) was just appointed and replaced the old manager and said, if I gave him at least a day in advance, he could have my dish on the menu whenever I wanted to eat there. E-mail him ([email protected]) and tell him Carbon referred you. But if you don't want to give it one more go, I understand; the chicken was the only dish I enjoyed, but I never found fault with the service. Plus it's right across the street from ProAbition, and one of the owners/brothers over there has a white 458 parked outside sometimes. I would love to get together some time.

Wow! That sounds incredible! It is not easy to see cool car stuff here in the IE.

The piranha nibbling only helps - most of the people on this forum know what questions to ask, especially the elders here in Vintage. I get excited when I see an interesting serial number issue, and I lose all ability to think logically; the cooler heads can focus and dig in, and that's what threads like this need. But when I first saw this, I started going my own research. With the help of some friends and a few contacts, I was able to shed a little light on the original post - which actually turned out to be more confusing than anything else. But the incoming information hasn't stopped; I'm simply organizing it, and cultivating additional details, before (hopefully) shedding some light on this thread.

For the lurkers and others, it would be really great if someone new, and could contact, the current owner of Daytona 13987. Best-case scenario, I could go see it myself, inspect it, and photograph the engine number, numero interno, serial number, chassis stamping, etc.

7. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I do hope you mean you have designated firing range in your back yard...

Sounds like you might be as picky with eateries as I am. Some of my acquaintances and friends, incl. gf are some times horrified of prospect of taking me out to lunch or dinner to a place I’m not familiar with, fearing some form retribution or at least vocal acknowledgement of protest to either food or service. Some have even referred to me (affectionately ???) as Melvin Udell of Riverside. In some local venues I even have my "designated" tables and waitress', whom know exactly what and how I like my food. All I have to do is walk in, sit down and enjoy.
    I’m still laughing about an incident from few years ago in a highly regarded Pacific Grove restaurant, where I was invited to a group dinner one night during the Monterey week. Seated across from me was a friend of mine and his wife (host and hostess). Her I’ve only met briefly on couple of occasions, but he knew me from previous dining experiences., including one (slight disaster) from couple of days earlier. First, after every one was settled in, she asked me if I’ve dined there before to which I replied no, but look forward to the experience, since I’ve heard many good things about the place. Then, before she was barely able to finish her next sentence of “Oh Timo, this is a great place, you’re going to love the food here”, he dryly stated, with clearly present tone of expectations, “No, he wont”.
    Yet when people ask what kind of cuisine I like or prefer, I’ll tell them I like all types of foods as long as it’s good.

Most of my clientele is not from I.E. Some from L.A./O.C., many from the Bay Area and some out of state or country.

Anyway, back to the subject matter. The nibbling can also prove counterproductive, not only it may curb OPs enthusiasm to share any further info on this (his/her?) car and put the whole thing back to hiding, but can also deter many current/future owners from posting or sharing any info regarding theirs. Elders, perhaps more than others, should be wise enough (one can hope?) to understand this.

8. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    The Original Poster has gone silent today.

Interesting, isn't it? You'd think he'd be paying attention.

Or posting more information.

Matt

9. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Not really. This thread has been hijacked with discussions of Daytona engine numbers (he doesn't have a Daytona on his hands), languages, firearms use on New Years, and now restaurants and individual eating habits.

Since it was easy for him to privately contact some of the people who have participated in this thread, I see no reason why he would come back to post here again unless he was looking for good eats in California's Inland Empire.

10. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, I'm sorry for participating in the hijack, but as long as OP (hopefully) achived his objective... everything should be fine. :)

11. collecter

collecter Rookie

Feb 6, 2015
    #86 collecter, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Looks genuine to me ( but who an I:))
    Could you find the engine number like suggested earlier in this thread?

13. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    It looks good to me to!

I would think you next step would be, to see if there is a Ferrari classiche program in your country and get it checked by them. You can contact a Ferrari garage in your country and ask them if they can arrange this.

14. collecter

collecter Rookie

Feb 6, 2015

in my country the Ferrari don't have data for it

15. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
  16. collecter

collecter Rookie

Feb 6, 2015
  17. RPN

RPN Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011
    Well done Mr Collector; this is interesting !

Salute'

Mick.

18. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Probably the most interesting post of the entire thread!!!

Thank you Collecter. May I ask what country you are in?

PDG

19. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    #94 Wolfgang, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Look some days back comment. Apparenty that happened and is regarded normal

21. collecter

collecter Rookie

Feb 6, 2015

its 45 years old must be not the seem

22. collecter

collecter Rookie

Feb 6, 2015
    the good news I contact Ferrari company and they ask for the full details, documents, photos.

they told me not all cars are recorded in the system they need to search in factory file for that model .

23. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Looks 100% real -

What country are you in?

24. collecter

collecter Rookie

Feb 6, 2015
    Thanks for all who support and respect me to solve this question

also some replays wasn't nice because my English language not good

any how im from Africa and nice to talk about Ferrari classic cars.

25. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    For 'GT' in both examples there is at least consistency with the top of the T being slightly higher than the G.

However Ferrari does not have the factory records for every single car they sold. Some records disappeared over time so hopefully the build for 13987 can be accurately confirmed.