I can't even.....now my bonnet cable is broken, hood wont open | FerrariChat

I can't even.....now my bonnet cable is broken, hood wont open

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Joshcruz713, Mar 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joshcruz713

Joshcruz713 Karting

Jan 28, 2018
    I am on the verge of a meltdown.

On top of accepting the fact that this ******* sold me a Cali with a ruined transmission.......

I opened the front bonnet today, closed it, and then when I tried to open it again a while later, the pull handle under the steering wheel does nothing but flop around loosely.

So now I'm stuck with a hood that wont open.

So, can anyone tell me how bad this is, and how many more thousands of dollars this will cost to fix?

Are there any bootleg ways to get it open?

I thought about manipulating the internal latch thru the front grille, but of course there is a huge plastic barrier blocking the way in.

So, yeah. **** my life.

2. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Ferrari usually provide a second way to open things like fuel flap, hood and trunk.
    If you have an owners booklet you will find a section describing where to find these back up openers

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  4. Joshcruz713

Joshcruz713 Karting

Jan 28, 2018
    Thank you for your help Tom.

Sadly though, I just had a huge feeling of relief when you showed me there was an emergency latch, only to get punched in the gut when I looked in my car and there was no emergency string to be found.

Sigh..........par for the course. :(

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That sucks. I know that free advice from the internet is worth pretty much what you paid for it, and you didn't ask me, but if you can't get this car sorted asap, I'd dump it for whatever you can get, and put it behind you as a (very) expensive life lesson. Life's too short...T

6. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Yeah, I don't know that I'd buy another car for that dealer again. There is just too many weird things going on with your car. On the brighter side it appears that via your other thread things may not be so bleak as far as the DCT goes so that's a plus. You've been a heck of alot more patient then I'd have been that's for sure.

7. Joshcruz713

Joshcruz713 Karting

Jan 28, 2018
    Yeah, no, that's not even a question, I'm never giving those *******s my money again. They're also refusing to help with the DCT issue, financially, so, I'm done with them.

At this point though, Ive been through so much with this car, I don't want to give up on it. I'm on a bloody mission now, and I wont stop until this damn car is purring like a kitten.

I'm not going through this hell for nothing, I am going to get some reward at the end, and that will be driving this beautiful red Ferrari with the top down and not a single worry that any warning lights are gonna pop up.

After all this, I deserve it.

azlin75, Shark01 and mkt like this.
  8. Jmci00

Jmci00 Rookie

Apr 2, 2016
    Hard luck, but good attitude. Sorry to hear about it. How about finally naming the dealer so others don’t fall victim to their not so great business practices? So many major issues, hard to believe they didn’t know something was wrong with the car.

azlin75 likes this.
  9. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I was going to say I have heard stories of guys finally giving up on a car and the next guy only had like one thing to fix and had a great car. Just remember if you ever buy another exotic get a ppi and save yourself a bunch of heartache. I keep hoping I'm going to get on here and you've gotten this thing licked. I'm confident boardwalk can get you lined out.

Joshcruz713 likes this.
  10. Joshcruz713

Joshcruz713 Karting

Jan 28, 2018
    I am too. Im trying to get the car up to Steve as we speak....

azlin75 likes this.
  11. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Josh its odd they wont help, listen I bought my 575 in november from a reputable used car dealer here in florida and about a month after I bought it I took it to the local shop here to see what was going with a noise in my 6th gear. It ended up being an issue where the dealer who sold me the car did a "major service" included in my purchase price and that should have included changing all fluids....well they had not changed the gear oil and the car was short ALOT of gear oil and my 6th gear basically had burned up. The shop here took tons of pics, sent them diagrams from ferrari on why the issue was strictly with 6th gear and not other gears and surprisingly without any problems the dealer took the car back from me and fixed it on his tab, it took around 5 weeks and many thousands of dollars. They even sent me the old 6th gear so I could see the issue for myself. I think when you buy a car if the issue can be proven to be known from before you bought it, the dealer would fix it otherwise risk a lawsuit. The dealer in my case I dont know if I got lucky that he was a nice guy or just that he feared a lawsuit, but whatever it was they fixed the issue that the car had when I bought it.

The dealer you're working with sounds like a slimeball and perhaps its time to get some documentation on how extensive the damage, how it possibly occurred, when it possibly occurred and go talk to an attorney.