I don't know what I want to do when I grow up. ;) | FerrariChat

I don't know what I want to do when I grow up. ;)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by CuernavacaMexico, May 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. About me - I worked in the IT industry for about 20 years before I decided to keep my promise to my father and get as much education as I could before he passed away. He passed away back in August 2017 but I found that I actually enjoyed learning a lot more now than I did in the past.

I have completed the following:
    Associate of Applied Science - Computer Info Systems
    Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology
    Master of International Management and Info Systems
    Master of Science - Info Tech
    Master of Business Administration - Information Management

I am debating on what I should do in the Fall. I am considering a PhD in History, Anthropology or Business Administration. A PhD in IT is pretty worthless unless you plan on going into teaching and I don't.

I am in a position where I can continue to do the volunteer work I have been doing since I went back to school and want to continue to do so. I have been accepted into every university I have applied so I am not worried about that at all.

If you were in my shoes, what degree would you go after? I have a strong background in all of those above subjects; been a big history buff since the early 80s, done Anthropology coursework in the past and was a President of a University Anthropology club for a few years and the PhD in business would just build on the MBA I have now.

My only requirements that if it is an "on campus" course that it is somewhere that "snow" is a foreign language and the only ice you get is in your drink.

Thank you for any/all suggestions that you may have. I probably won't try to start whatever program I end up in until January 2021.