I give up!!~Countach re-listed | Page 5 | FerrariChat

I give up!!~Countach re-listed

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Mar 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Good point.

2. randomlambo

randomlambo Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2013
    RI & MA border
    Full Name:
    DT
    What happened to that car, I was watching it on eBay but see it re-listed now?

3. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
  4. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    He did get a negative for that last 911 transaction. It was removed (I'm assuming there was a refund made to have that negative removed) He's a POS.

Peter you consider really good feedback of 26 total sales one is the negative for the Lambo that started this thread (and three that I know of were negatives that were removed) I have 1000's and thousands of positive eBay feedback/transactions with only a couple minor issues from fraudulent buyers.

Something to give some thought to.

5. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    IIRC, that's part of his driveway.
    Back in March, Frank approached me to help sell the car (including a fee for me). I told him that I would have to think about because he has a HORRIBLE reputation in the Lamborghini community. I decided to take a drive down to his house but before I could tell him that, I changed my mind and figured I did not need the money that bad. My ONLY interest was getting this car to move out of his house.

Apparently, he found someone to help. It's interesting, some have had good buyings from him, others...not so much lolol

I really hope someday this car finds its way to a Lamborghini lover. Cool looking car though :)

6. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    This makes no sense. Car for sale for many years??
    It is not that hard to sell a DD countach if the deal is clean and price is right. So one of these points must be off.

7. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wasn't it questionable whether this was an original Downdraft or an injected car converted to a Downdraft?

8. ElvisNasty

ElvisNasty Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Elvis Jenkins Nasty
    I tried to buy it for $115K in 2010. Frank said yes then backed out. Maybe it's a converted DD but I didn't really care. The car was in nice shape when I saw it in person. Frank did misrepresent it and exaggerate lots of points about the car, but I didn't care I tried to buy it anyway. I never saw it run but the body, interior, etc looked pretty good to me.

9. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I recall this but that story like the attempt sale is old now, like over 5 years. A display of the VIN would clear this up quickly but I dont recall the vin was ever disclosed which in itself in another red flag.
    Elvisnasty did you ever get hold of the vin?

10. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #111 joe sackey, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Patrick,

I posted the availability of this car in the Downdraft thread a month ago.

The VIN is well-known, its ZA9C005A0GLA12914.

Note that the car was delivered with USA-spec side-markers and USA/Middle East-spec safety bumpers front-and-rear (see below).

These have now all been deleted.

I have not checked to see if this car was delivered from the factory as a Fuelie or a Downdraft, save to say that it would be easy to do.

The car exists as a Downdraft.

Note also, there are @ 4 cars that exist as a Downdraft in the USA that started life as a Fuelie.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    ah. yes found it. It is sasfe to say it is 95% a true Carb car. Close by to Lenos car.
    Price asked is fairly cheap by today standard at $450k for what is advertised as a clean car. so I still fail to see why this car dont sell...

12. ElvisNasty

ElvisNasty Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Elvis Jenkins Nasty
    He had a lot of paperwork and import info. I might still have it in my email. I was pretty sold on the car honestly. I would guess that the reason it hasn't sold is because the seller acts so bizarre that everyone has become very suspicious of the car. I mean I had a deal all worked out, price agreed upon and everything. I was setting up transport and booking a plane ticket....then the guy backs out and he won't sell it to me at all for any price. I must have done something that spooked him, I have no idea.

I'm not the only one with a story like this. It happened to 4 or 5 people I think. So eventually everyone in the Lambo world started thinking the car was fake or stolen or something.

At this point I would say the best idea is to stay objective and try to look at the car for what it is. If you like it, buy it. Looks like it could be a good deal. But be careful this guy does not scam you somehow. Give him the money and drive away in the car immediately. Don't trust him to hold it at his house until the truck comes.

13. rdwinelover

rdwinelover Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    #114 rdwinelover, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    I have seen two other cars off market that are priced sub 500k and factory DD's. Sub 500k DD actually isn't priced cheap but it's the market price for what your getting, a driver car.

I was offered GLA12914 several months ago before being advertised. There was a recently filmed video on uTube of it running.

With the appreciation of the US $, these and all cars in Europe could get cheaper. It's likely the Euro will go to pairity and then fall below the dollar.

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    GLA12914 has been for sale for six (6) years.

If you are speaking of this video below on YouTube that shows it running, it was filmed & posted there six (6) years ago. It shows the car when the bodywork was different.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMLs-51VDsw[/ame]

15. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #116 cnpapa24, Dec 18, 2016

Looking back at the Hemmings pic vs the video, if it is the same car then sills were removed as were side markers and front bumper. Wheels are now gold. Can't tell if the rear bumper was removed and if engine bay was brought back to stock. The car definitely has a reputation perhaps due to the Seller.

16. rdwinelover

rdwinelover Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Nope, that is not the video Joe.

It is obvious from the date this thread was posting by Roy and the pricing being mentioned of 150k that the car has been for sale for 6 years. Contrary to that, it has been off the market for a substantial amount of time and was just recently publicly re-listed and is being peddled by a broker. The phone number in the ad on Hemmings is not Frank's.

My point is or was that this car was being quietly shopped since back in July. This thread and this conversation only commenced a few days ago once the car was listed on Hemmings and made public as no one privately was biting at 450k. That could likely mean that the market price of this and other driver DD's is lower than 450k.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1RZVKX2jNY&feature=em-share_video_user[/ame]

17. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    #118 Countachqv, Dec 18, 2016
    I would not take that car as a DD sale benchmark. Clearly something is not well with the deal , the seller or the car. I recall Roy trying to buy the car and please someone correct if i dreamed it. He sounded that he tried hard and somehow it did not work and he gave up.

There are enough clean deal in the market not to have to hassle with a situation like this. My experience in doing anything is that if you encounter difficulties where you should not have any, the deal will kick you back.
    So far all the potential buyers had the deal fall thru and no one got to the bottom of why. That is very odd and just will reflect badly on the car value I beleive

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Sorry but this car has been offered to me via a revolving cast of characters intermittently for no less than six (6) continuous years.

19. Autosport

Autosport Karting

May 25, 2013
    Once again !!lol.

1980 Lamborghini Countach | eBay

20. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Did Frank ever get the spark plugs? 😉

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

21. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    HAHA when will this end? They need to either finally negotiate a sale or just drive the wheels off of it!

22. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    this is the right thread to revive about that Countach and money transfer thing. I love juicy financial story like american Greed. lol

Repost From the countach thread

To my amazement I found the dreadful New Jersey DD for sale in "leboncoin" in France! (kind of the Craiglist of the US)
    https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/11...97.htm?ca=12_s
    the pictures are the same as the last one we saw from NJ.

the story goes on. the only thing to end it? A bag full of cash may be!