i GOT A CAR...!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

i GOT A CAR...!!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 134282, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Awesome Des, sweet car, your turn to let me drive it ;)

Bruce, extremely nice of you.

2. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

WOW! is all I have to say. What a stand up thing to do Bruce and it couldn't have been for a nicer guy. I am just floored. Seriously. How often do you see other people do things like this?

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    That's really kick ass.

It is really a great thing that some people can help you out in desparate times of need. I've been there before, and it is a great relief.

4. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    lol, did Bruce buy you the car?

5. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

DES clearly stated he is paying Bruce back in installments..

6. francisco j. quinones

francisco j. quinones Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    Panama City,FL
    Full Name:
    Francisco J. Quinones
    Congrats DES,i haven't been here in a while.sorry to hear about the satty though.
    presumably your going to properly warm this one up and get everything up to temp before giving it some stick, eh mate? :)
    seriously, nice car man,and well done Bruce,bravo.
    Frankie.

7. detailman

detailman Formula Junior

May 26, 2002
    Indiana & South Caro
    Full Name:
    David
    That BRUCE must be a hell of a guy.

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Bruce : You are just great !

9. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    DES - Congratulations on the new car!!! By the way, I don't know if you mentioned it was a convertable or not.......LOL.

Bruce - Very nice of you. <subliminal hint> My birthday is coming up!!!!!!

Hey DES - Since the engine and transmission is bad on the Saturn and you can't give it away, you're 1/2 way there..........all you need now is to flood it with water, somehow crash it then repaint the whole thing, change the mileage and whallla.......a perfect example of e-bay's finest!!!!

10. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Hey DES, the shields are too far forward! I like what you've done w/ the rear end though.

11. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Bruce is the man! Very nice Bruce. Nice car DES.

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Too cool Bruce.

Congrats Des!

13. Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano Karting

May 22, 2002
    Bruce is indeed the man...in fact, I'm never buying Duracell batteries again!

Don't forget to slap some Scuderia badges on the finished wreck and advertise it as a "supercar replica"!

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Jim, to answer your (rhetorical) question, not often... Bruce is truly a great guy...

Mighty, yes, he purchased the car and gave it to me; as Kenny stated, i'm paying him back... i'm not sure where the humor is in tha, though...

Francisco, it's an automatic, :), however, i still won't be giving it any stick at any time... Gotta be mature with this one...

LOL, Fred...

Jimpo - i haven't put shields on it, yet! Mark's photochops have fooled you...!

LOL, Goggles... While you're at it, just get your batteries from Bruce... Order them one at a time, he loves that... :)
    Ask him about lithium batteries...

Thanks again, Bruce... :)

15. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Wow thats great DES!
    Yes the challenge grille is a MUST it looks great in that color too. Sorry to hear about the Saturn but why dont you use the scuds off that car for the Chrysler?

16. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    DES,

What happened with the motorbike?

Atleast you are getting you car destroying years out of you before you get your Ferrari ... :)

Pete
    ps: Well done Bruce!

17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Jordan, Pete, thanks... Several days ago, i attempted to peal one of the Scuderia stickers from the fender of my Saturn; the corner eventually gave, but so did the paint... i didn't even bother with the rest... i need new stickers... Dealerships are the best places to get them, right...? Anyone know...? i hate to call up a dealership, order two stickers for (what, $2.50 apiece?), pay with a credit card and have them shipped... That seems like a waste of time...

Pete, LOL, my car-DEStroying days are what are KEEPING me from EVER getting a Ferrari...! The motorcycle sits in front of my house like a stone gargoyle atop some old, city building; i literally can't give it away... Putting it in the paper will cost me more than what i'll get for it; putting a sign on it seems like the only thing left to do...

i had a junk yard come and pick up the Saturn yesterday... i had mixed emotions about watching them haul it away; i learned to heel/toe (as best i could) in that car... Oh well... The most pain-staking part of finally getting rid of that utterly useless car was the amount of money i got for it...

...82 times less than what i paid for it. (UGH!)

...and to think, the motorcycle will be worse; much worse...

18. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    DES, if you can squeeze the motorcycle into a standard card sized envelope, then send it to me :). I'll even send you some money ... :)

Pete

19. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, i'll work on that... ****, with a screw driver and some other metal tool-like thingies, i could probably take it all apart and send it to you, piece by piece... Although, once in pieces, it'd actually be worth something...

20. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Congrats Des. That's a very nice thing that Bruce did. He is a gentlemen and a scholar.

Yep you need to be mature and careful in the Sebring. Some time down the road you can purchase a toy to trash. It's easy enough to purchase a X 1/9 or Scorpion to trash once you pay off the Sebring.

Anyhow good luck, now you have a chick magnet.. ;)

21. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, icars...

Buying an X 1/9 some time in the future to toy around with isn't such a bad idea...