I guess it had to happen sooner or later | FerrariChat

I guess it had to happen sooner or later

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Carnut, Aug 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Yesterday I bought a Calfornia T, Algar just got it in and I took my girlfriend over to see it. As much as I still want to believe I can handle pretty much any car in any situation. I'm afraid age and the form of Arthritis I have(Palindromic), that seems to move around in my body from one place to another all day has finally gotten me to throw up the white flag. It is time to go buy a beach house and not a car every month. It has been fun, but my days of sliding out the rear end just to see how fast I can bring it back are in the past. I will be around on occasion but I am going to finish my 5th novel and see where that takes me. Here is a pic of my new ride, my girlfriend says she is glad to see I've finally grown up. I'm not so sure about that part. Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Nice looking T

Carnut likes this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Very nice indeed. Would be interesting to hear how you compare Cali T to the other cars you've owned...T

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I will be glad to do that. If I had to guess right now I think it will be very similar to the AMG GTS I bought a couple of weeks ago.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Lets see if u can keep it up as u seem pretty addicted to buying cars;))
    U cant be that old to have all those cars, plus u have a girlfriend;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am old, not dead LOL! I am slowing down on the car buying as well, this car is number 4 for this year. That is a lot less than it used to be.

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I do have my eye on a F12, but I promised my girlfriend a beach house first!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Growing up sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Wreck111

Wreck111 Rookie

Aug 23, 2018
    Hilton Head SC
    Full Name:
    Alan W
    Carnut likes this.
  10. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Well I have been sort of busy, between working on the new novel and looking a Jersey Shore properties, but my first impressions of the Calf T are somewhat mixed. I think it is pretty quick, very comfortable, but it is without a doubt a GT car. I drove it yesterday almost back to back with the AMG GTS, and the GTS is without a doubt a better drivers car. I am used to loud try to tame me types of Ferrari's, so I think the T will take some getting used to. I see why my girlfriend loves it so much. I have not had a top down Ferrari since my 04 360 and I did enjoy having the top down. I am at the been there don't that point with cars I think, though I once the book is down the shore house is bought and my girlfriend takes the keys to the T, I will set my sights on a F12.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    These cars are designed to draw in a very wide audience. So if you have specific tastes you need to modify the car to narrow its focus to suit your tastes. Cars are not like women. You CAN improve them. :D

12. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    The car is really not for me, so I will leave it the way it is. I have other cars to satisfy my needs. I was asked to compare it to the other cars I've had and so I will do my best. We all have different definitions of what we think a car is. Many owners of the i8 call it a sports car, I never thought of it as one, even though one sat in my garage a year and half. It was not a bad car, just not my idea of a sports car. When I bought the Gallardo, it was terrible. steering felt like a Toyota pickup truck, I knew exactly what I would to it (the same thing I did to 2 996TT's), turn it into RWD, then it was a sports car. I knew exactly what the T was before I bought it and I am fine with it being that way. I see things in my own strange way, which is probably why I've had 459 cars, but only one woman (not the one I was once married to) I ever cared about, and she is perfect just the way she is.

Makuono likes this.