I guess it won't buff right out :( | Page 6 | FerrariChat

I guess it won't buff right out :(

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Shamile, Jul 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #126 Shamile, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. tr512

tr512 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2007
    canada burnaby bc
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Your big speedo numbers are in miles and you say your odometer is in KM.?

3. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    All pre-6.0 Diablos had km ODOs.

That's huge kms Shamile! Any issues getting there?

4. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Hey Andy,

Even though I'm not a Diablo owner anymore, the car really is that good. The more you drive it the better and smoother it drove.
    With the roadster, you WILL replace the headers. The clutch will last a very long time if you know how to drive it....basically let it out completely, at idle revs....then gun the crap out of it! lol
    I went through 3 clutch rods then finally bought the John Hoskins rod for $500 and never had a problem again.
    I also went through 4 clutch rod pins and kept a spare in the tool kit. 3 slave cylinders, 2 clutch master cylinders and lastly the only other issue was burning through 3 GFA computers. Even after my accident, it was affected from the hit.

Other than that, just maintenance and wear items.....like tires.

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

5. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    C'mon Shamile, stop teasing us and tell us the details on the Murci Roadster you're buying. :^)

6. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Haha...no fair, you're on my fb lol. I wasn't going to say anything yet as the car is going through a ppi as we speak. I bought it from my local dealer, Lamborghini Sarasota. The sales rep is Will Bean is a really good guy.
    I will say, Roy Cats has been very helpful and brought me a few cars right after I told him I had the check in hand. That said, I didn't want to make a rash decision as I'm new to the Murcielago series. By the time I ready to make a deal, they sold. I was about to shelve buying one now and just focus on the steering rack for the Testarossa.
    When I was presented with this one, I just knew it. Even though I'm in the range for a LP 640 roadster and this is just a Murcielago roadster, it spoke to me. Both Will and the GM of Lamborghini Sarasota said this one has me written all over it lol.

...and that's all she wrote. Reveal coming soon.

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

7. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Awesome can't wait to see the reveal

8. Bxtech

Bxtech Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks Shamile! Those pics are great! They definitely put a smile on MY face! :) The miles you had on it just showed how much you enjoyed the car, and that's what it's all about imo. The more miles, the more smiles were had I'm sure!

They should let that guy Jonathan Goldsmith go as "The Most Interesting Man In The World" for Dos Equis. I vote for hiring Shamile! :D

9. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    The cutover is MY 99 ie 99 is miles, 98 is kms.

-mick

10. Interesting. Then, I wonder why the odometer is in kms on a 2002 Murci?

11. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    My post was in relation to the Diablo however, it would be true in general if it wasn't for the 2002 Murci situation where things reverted back to kms just for that year. And to that point, if you have a 2002 Murci in miles, the speedo has been changed which is another subject all together.

-mick

12. td80

td80 Karting

Nov 5, 2005
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave M.
    All I can gather from this thread is that it is quite obvious: Shamile is into brunettes :D

13. vaholtorf

vaholtorf Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Victor Holtorf
    ......and old ones to boot!..........

14. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Shamile - when is the big reveal?? C'mon man, stop with the suspense! :^)

15. kongman

kongman F1 Rookie

Aug 30, 2006
    brisvegas south
    Full Name:
    mr p
    hes waiting till he gets enough girls for the big reveal .

16. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Oh nah....nothing like that lol That car that was purchased was on condition of a positive PPI. Well it failed miserably. Then after I did PPI's on a couple more cars without the hassle of a purchase and again total failure. I did 2 Murci Roadsters, looked seriously at 2 LP 640 roadsters and passed them too. I did a bunch of fancy footwork and way too much back and forth with a 09 LP640 coupe and gave up on that in the end.....it wasn't even about price!

The market for Murcielagos are really the wild west with so many deferred maintenance cars out there. This is the first "good times" since the recession and these cars are now being dusted off. Since most of these cars were bought in the housing bubble with easy credit from 04-07, when the recession hit and the warranties came off, the cars started to suffer. They're only now coming back with interest from the market.

But....Lamborghini Sarasota came through again and I now have a Lamborghini Murcielago series in hand. I just took delivery this past Wednesday of a 2006 Murcielago Roadster with 12k miles. But.....this is a special car and when I post the pictures up, you'll know why. Even I was surprised that I stumbled upon this known car.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

17. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Oh, lemme guess. It's Nick Cannon's Murci roadster that was seen in a couple of his music videos. IIRC, his was an '06. Either way, can't wait to see the big reveal.

18. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Looking forward to seeing pics of the new ride, I am sure they'll be epic and well worth the wait! Keep enjoying in good health!

19. td80

td80 Karting

Nov 5, 2005
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave M.
    Shamile please tell me it is balloon white! That color on a Murci Roadster makes me weak in the knees, it is the color I would choose from all colors on that model, I'll never forget the first one I saw in the wild driving down PCH in Laguna Beach back in 2006ish, balloon white over black interior, 3 pedal roadster, with an aftermarket exhaust already fitted! My jaw was hitting the pavement!

20. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I do like the balloon white especially with the gloss black Hermanas. But....after coming from Monterrey blue, I still need something "flashy" lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

21. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #146 Shamile, Oct 6, 2015
    Here it is! Bought from Lamborghini Sarasota....my local dealership.

O6 Murcielago Roadster in Rosso Vik....or I prefer lipstick red metallic on cream. As I said, I looked at many Murcielagos and LP 640s. This one was perfect! It has only 12k miles, multiple concours winner and only occasionally driven. The paint is new! The interior is new! and has carbon fiber everything!

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #147 Shamile, Oct 6, 2015
    My sales rep Will Bean I met on a Lamborghini Sarasota open house just before my Diablo was hit. He worked tirelessly to find me a proper car. We went through a couple of failed PPi's together and it's then I realized that the Murcielago series really suffers from deferred maintenance overall. After that we decided to stay to the local customer base.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

23. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile