I guess it won't buff right out :( | Page 8 | FerrariChat

I guess it won't buff right out :(

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Shamile, Jul 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    It's not "official" until you get one (some?) of your girlies in the Murci for a ride / photos. :^)

2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #177 Shamile, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Posting a pix with a girlie I know is a piece of cake lol ....but these are the only two girlies in my life right now.

Ayla ( who loves to dance but still doesn't know what she wants to do with her life )

Samantha ( future chemical engineer but hates crowds and won't go on a dance floor )

Ugh...

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Cool video, love that club, great dance music!

4. f360nh

f360nh Karting

Apr 12, 2014
    NH
    Full Name:
    John Q.
    #179 f360nh, Nov 22, 2015
  5. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Stunning car, love that red.

6. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Actually that one might not, but hard to tell from pic, need to see how deep the compression is in the door.

7. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Shamile;
    I would appreciate your thoughts on the fabric roof, and if you are considering one of the carbon roofs being offered.

8. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    That's exactly where my VT Roadster was hit. There is a "boxed frame support" right in that area that is THE MAIN support. It's not a part available from Lamborghini so it has to be fabricated. I would hire "Chairman" of Damage Evaluation Services to go look at it. He was paramount in discovering this and doing the research in if it was repairable. Valtorf focused right on the same spot from the pictures I posted in this thread. He was spot on.

If you are looking at buying this car, do your due diligence!

When you open the door, is anything pushed in towards the parking brake? That will give you an idea.

Thanks ! My first instructions to my sales rep at Lamborghini Sarasota was...."anything but red" lol Oh...well

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

9. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Nice car but I'm a Diablo fan.

10. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Just saw , congrats on new ride . I see you continued with open top . How you like the paddles ?

11. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #186 Shamile, Dec 24, 2015
    Thanks!

I'm not a fan of the egear. It's efficient and shifts faster than anyone ever could but I like running through a gated shift.

I really would only ever drive a Murcielago Roadster as I love the engine cover design....despite the stupid top.

As for the top, I added a voice activated automatic top on the car.

All you have to say is...." Hey baby, take it off....no, I mean the top on the Lamborghini" ;)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

12. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Lmao! I take my hat off to you for that one. Best remote top ...Enjoy!

13. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
  14. 1 previous owner. Did you buy it new? No mention of the accident damage. It must have buffed right out!

15. phdedieu

phdedieu Karting

Apr 17, 2011
    Warrington PA
    Full Name:
    Philippe
    I am the previous owner of your Murci, congrats to you Shamile. I took the top of the day the car was delivered and never put it back on.

16. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #191 Shamile, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016

No, I was the second owner.....but....apparently it did buff out. What's more amazing is that before my accident I apparently decided to send the car to England for a full service. I blame the hookers and blow for that one.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

17. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #192 Shamile, Mar 14, 2016
    Ha! Yes, indeedy...the Lamborghini world is incredibly small. I don't know if you knew that the car was owned by the late Charles Volpe. He only drove it to car shows. It was even featured in the Lamborghini magazine. I actually didn't want a Murcielago but had Roy from Cats Exotics looking for a LP 640 for me.

Lamborghini Sarasota called me and told me they just got a red murci in. I had told my sales rep....anything but red. But, no...no, you really have to see this car. Umm...ok, FB message me some pictures. I was like, Holy crap, that's gotta be the Charles Volpe car...and it was! Deal made immediately over facebook messaging lol The car is THAT perfect.

I've done a few things since you had it.....Quicksilver stainless steel resonators, stainless steel dual tip exhaust, powdercoated black rims and......$2500.00 for some damn OEM carbon fiber shift paddles. Oh, and a rip off $350.00 for the OEM Owners manuals leather cover lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

18. phdedieu

phdedieu Karting

Apr 17, 2011
    Warrington PA
    Full Name:
    Philippe
    #193 phdedieu, Mar 20, 2016
    Hey Shamille,
    Yes I knew the history of the car, and bought it for that very reason. Didn't care for the chrome wheels and the car looks spectacular with the powder coated rims! Nice to see the new exhaust too. Not sure if it's still as loud as it was, and it was LOUD.....

19. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I like chrome and I will admit black looks good against red

20. thenewbruno

thenewbruno Rookie

Nov 9, 2012
    I wonder where the car is now. I'm headed to the UK in October and I wouldn't mind having a look. If that seller still has it I'm sure he's ready to unload cheap by now!