I had a 599 stick in February 2015 and here is why I don't now! | Page 8 | FerrariChat

I had a 599 stick in February 2015 and here is why I don't now!

Discussion in '612/599' started by 599isgonenotfair, Apr 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NYC123

NYC123 Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2006
    I heard a rumor this guy is also suing the tooth fairy for his teeth back. Can anybody confirm is this is true ?

To say this is a frivilous case is an undersatement.

2. Spider Web

Spider Web Rookie

Oct 25, 2011
    #177 Spider Web, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Hey NYC123:

My following comments have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion about the 599 and the law suit . I am offended by your post re: "intelligence and mental computing power". You stated that the problem with the world is that you have to be smart to own a Ferrari? You are wrong, dead wrong. Perhaps your membership in Mensa should have made you think twice before posting your comment about intelligence and who deserves to own what. One cant be "stupid" to own a nice car? Ones intelligence should have absolutely nothing to do with their ability to have material things or success in life.

It is also offensive to the dentists, massage therapists, hot dog vendors, nail salon owners, etc. that you mentioned. Your condescension of those professions is the true problem in this world. The hard, decent, honest working class who may not be as smart as you, in my opinion, are the ones who "deserve", albeit may not obtain a Ferrari. If you try your best, stay on course, you will achieve success, regardless of your intelligence quota. I propose that an uninformed, bigoted, arrogant and patronizing person is the one who shouldn't be driving a Ferrari, even if they are smart. Do not judge people by their intelligence or their profession.

I went to a community college and am the only one in my family to have a secondary education. I guess you feel that I don't deserve to be on this forum driving a ferrari....Actually several.

3. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    #178 LARRYH, May 23, 2015
    this entire subject is crazy I am sure the OP agreed to the price he was offered and everyone parted ways .. happy and then someone pays an unbelievable amount of money for a 599 at an auction these things happen.. the op needs to GET OVER IT.. I have paid outrageous amounts of money for cars that later sold for less and then again I paid outrageous amounts of money for cars that i sold for more.... I would take the 30K as a win any day of the week... the op could have kept the car....
    i bought my DINO for XX an high price for the time then 2 weeks later at auctions dino mania broke out and they were selling for close to double,say 2X ,,, now when i bought mine the price was well above any price guides probably a crazy price .. I felt pretty good after the sales at auction were about 2x weeks later.. but until then I felt like I paid to much ..
    they still sell for around 2X .. bottom line a high price is date specific if the dinos at auction collapsed or sold for around what I paid I would have been fine it never entered my mine that my timing was so incredible..

4. NYC123

NYC123 Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2006
    I think you are missing the point. First of all where you go to school and type of education has nothing to do with common sense or smarts. You can go to the finest school in the world and still be a total moron and file a legal action as the one in this thread. Or you can have no education and be very bright with lots of common sense and knowledge. I don't see any relation between the two.
    Secondly, I did not say the problem in this world is you need to be smart to own a Ferrari. (although by re reading my own post I can see how
    you interpret it that way) The intention of my post was to say , the problem in this world is: "This is the problem with the world today. This person who started this thread has more money than brains and now for no good reason will create legal bills for another business that did nothing other than sell a car to you and then buy it back at a price you were happy with ?" The reason for this comment is I also once was victim of a totally absurd legal action similar to the one described above. Yes it was thrown out by the courts and they actually laughed but none the less it cost me $25,000 in legal bills having to deal with the non sense. So the point of my post is that the downside of our wonderful free country and court systems is people can file legal action for pretty much no reason and while they ultimately will loose they often cause hefty legal bills for the ones they are going after. I do not worry about Miller Motor Cars as they I am guessing can well afford to deal with this, however often small time business owners that don't have deep pockets get forced to spend big $$$ to fend off absurd legal claims like the one in this thread... and that is what I am saying is the problem....

regarding my other comments I apologize if I have offended you or others...

5. Spider Web

Spider Web Rookie

Oct 25, 2011
    Thank you for clearing that up. However, common sense and intelligence are two completely different things.
    I completely agree about our legal system. That does go two ways however. After reading the various posts, it appears as if the OP was simply describing what happened to him and has not taken any legal action, and Miller is actually taking legal action to shut him up. Now, his name and picture are in the newspaper, which is unfortunate. Perhaps the old fashioned phone call and discussion between the two parties would have cleared this entire thing up. When something doesn't go ones way, the first phone call should be with the person you disagree with, not the attorneys. I completely agree with that.

6. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    I would normally totally agree with you about attorneys. But If you look at the webpage the OP has put up on this topic, you'll notice that he's gone quite a bit past the phone call point. I'm not law suit happy at all, but Miller has pretty limited options.

I totally agree about common sense.

7. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Are you are a schmuck for agreeing to the deal?

Are you a schmuck for not looking into the going rate for the cars before agreeing to the deal?

...or...

Are you a schmuck for being a cry baby about stuff you agreed to do and even signed paperwork to do??

or is it all three?

8. 599isgonenotfair

Apr 23, 2015
    #183 599isgonenotfair, May 23, 2015
    This is my last post. I can hear the cheers erupting throughout the FC community.

There are three "themes" that everyone seems to be loving to bash. Money, Business and
    Trust (aside from the prevailing theme that I am a whining moron).

Money: to anyone who thinks I contend that a car dealer (not exactly too high up on the food chain above the bigot who wrote about massage therapists, nail salon owners, etc) would know the future value of a car - that statement is so ludicrous that it passed stupid 100 exits ago on whatever highway your driving on this weekend. So abominably stupid to assert that it is my assertion. My assertion is transparency and honesty.

A car dealer doesnt have the obligation to tell their client that? To be honest and transparent? You are again, correct....

A SUBARU CAR DEALER DOESNT HAVE THE OBLIGATION TO TELL THEIR CLIENTS THAT.

YOU don't think a Ferrari dealer should be held to a slightly higher standard than a "car" dealer - then you are the moron. They are selling and trading ART that also comes with 4 wheels and an engine. They are trading cars with values that end upwards of 3 million dollars? That is what they sell! A higher level of everything! Quality, Service and a relationship BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO SELL YOU ONE FERRARI - THEY WANT TO KEEP SELLING YOU FERRARIS....AND YOU WANT TO KEEP BUYING FERRARIS AS LONG AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN. To assert that they aren't selling that higher level of customer relationship is the moronic part. To contend that I bought into that bull**** is absolutely correct. To call me a moron for doing it - also correct. To assert that they don't rely on that "appearance of relationship" is also moronic.

Business is business. ****ing ay right. I sold a car, made a profit and then it skyrocketed. I lost out on the upside. My ****ing problem. Correct again. Because business doesn't include principles, taking care of clients who keep coming back over and over and over again to spend more money that any of our parents houses costed them 40 years ago, and telling them what is on their radar while they buy and sell cars from across the country - reviewing values on hemmings and the like all day long? Watching the auctions and the prices of cars bought and sold so that they can base their entire business model on that information to continue to grow?

Oh wait, you are SUPPOSED to take care of clients that patronize you? You are supposed to be upfront and as honest and as transparent with them in your dealings with them? YOU ARE? A REVELATION!! BOOYAH!

Because as a Ferrari dealer your goal is to get them to drink the Kool aid, over and over and over again?.....HOLY ****, ANOTHER REVELATION!

The facts that everyone, including the brain surgeon who trashed everyone who makes under a billion a year is this: They called ME on behalf of another client. They solicited me as a broker for another client,. THEY WERE BROKERING A DEAL!!! They pressed me to make a decision fast. They knew another 599 stick was in the Amelia island auction because they had a car for sale in the same auction. I have the emails to prove it. THEY CHOSE TO THROW OUT THE RELATIONSHIP THEY HAD WITH ME, FOR A RELATIONSHIP WITH ANOTHER CLIENT WHO WANTED THIS CAR. WEEKS BEFORE AN AUCTION. A DIFFERENT CLIENT WHO MAYBE WANTED TO HEDGE AGAINST THE STATED RANGE OF THE BLACK 599 COMING UP FOR AUCTION?......PERHAPS? ANOTHER CLIENT WHO PERHAPS BUYS EVEN MORE CARS FROM THEM THAN I EVER COULD HAVE AFFORDED TO BUY?....JUST A SPECULATION, NOT AN ASSERTION.

THAT'S THE COMPLAINT. Boo ****ing Hoo to me? OK, fine - I'm whining and complaining but that is what was done to me. I don't need to sit on my hands and keep my mouth shut. And now they are suing me to keep my mouth shut? THEY ARE SUING A CUSTOMER WHO SPEND HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WITH THEM? If that doesnt tell you what they are all about - then please check the box, oblivious when describing your hobbies and interests. They are suing a loyal customer who believes that what was done to him was wrong and decided to tell people about it. VERY AMERICAN ON THE FREE SPEECH UPHOLDING, GUYS.

The argument that I only made 30k rather than was informed on the upcoming auction? Grow a pair as well - We are talking about Ferraris - not VW's. But regardless, with FULL DISCLOSURE GIVEN TO ME PRIOR TO THE SALE OF MINE - this is not a topic. WITH FULL DISCLOSURE - MY CHOICE I OWN. WITHOUT IT - I GOT SCREWED. DISCLOSURE IS THE ISSUE AND FOR THOSE WHO FEEL THAT NOT NECESSARY - I SURE DONT WANT TO BE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU. SCARY.

THE COMPLAINT IS THAT THIS WAS THE SECOND TIME THEY DID IT. THE FIRST IN MAKING ME PAY TO REVERSE MODIFICATIONS THAT THEY DIDN'T DISCLOSE. So if any ones contention is that all Ferrari owners should stock their garage with micrometers to check every measurement - that's lucid.

Had they had an ounce of transparency, told me a 599 was about to come up for auction. I don't sell the car. Period. Had they told me it was one of 20. I don't sell the car. Period. Had they told me on the purchase that the previous owner dropped the front - I make them raise it at their expense before buying it.

If all of these things seem like that's not their responsibility - that they are just car dealers - that sure isn't what they are selling, its not how I run my business (or Id be OUT OF BUSINESS) and yes, I guess I was a total ******* idiot to believe that they wanted to treat the sale as part of a continuing

Trust: This is easy. To everyone who says they just have to sell the car, they arent bound by any set of rules or principles that guide on basic trust or transparency AT THE HIGHEST END OF THE MARKET - the boat from survivor island leaves in an hour - buy a ticket. In the high end market - trust and transparency is EVERYTHING! We patronize these level of businesses, because we hold them to a standard commensurate with the price of the products they are peddling.

Now, please return to bashing me. BTW, Im short, with a receding hair line and I wear glasses. Wanted to make sure you have more information on which to build personal bashing posts. Have a blast.

9. 599isgonenotfair

Apr 23, 2015
    All three and a SCHMUCK FOR TRUSTING THEM.

10. 599isgonenotfair

Apr 23, 2015
    FYI - I CALLED AND LEFT 4 MESSAGES UNRETURNED FOR THE OWNER OF THIS DEALERSHIP. ALL IGNORED. THATS WHERE IT WENT OFF THE RAILS. NOT A SINGLE CALL EVEN TO TELL ME TO TAKE A WALK.

11. 599isgonenotfair

Apr 23, 2015
    I HAVE NOT FILED SUIT - THEY ARE SUING ME FOR TALKING. BE CLEAR.

12. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Does this mean you are no longer going to buy Ferraris?

13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    right up there with "yes Mrs Lincoln but other than that, how was the play?"

14. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Lee, let me give you some additional information. This is not a criticism, merely some points to help educate you.

1) You stated that Miller called you to broker the deal in "early February." The RM Amelia auction catalog didn't get to the prospective bidders until right around March 1. It's not like everyone saw this sale coming up and knew these cars would sky rocket. The online catalog came out earlier but early Feb is a stretch.

2) This is important. The car sold at auction with a reserve of $200k. That's inclusive of fees. That means that consignor and auction house figured that the car would most likely sell for somewhere around $200k or so all in so the consignor would probably net something in the mid $160's after fees. In other words, THE CONSIGNOR WAS PREPARED TO SELL A CAR WITH MUCH FEWER MILES IN EXTRAORDINARY CONDITION AND MORE DESIRABLE COLOR COMBO FOR ALMOST $50K LESS THAN YOU SOLD YOURS FOR. Even if someone scouted that sale in early February, you got a very fair offer for your car at the time - an offer HIGHER than the current market price. If you didn't like the car, which it sounds like you didn't, then selling it for a $30k profit was a safe bet, especially for someone who's not a collector and doesn't follow the market.

I don't think that anyone faults you for selling the car at the price you did, when you did. Given your knowledge, or lack thereof, it was a very prudent decision. The issues that everyone has is with everything that you did since the sale.

15. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

...then...

...and then...

...and then again...

So...

You're a liar too?

16. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    exactly correct.

if i recall correctly. the auction estimate in the catalog was $200-220k valuation.

17. Spider Web

Spider Web Rookie

Oct 25, 2011
    I suspect that he will continue to buy ferraris, just not from that dealer.

18. 599isgonenotfair

Apr 23, 2015
    Mid February to be exact and I appreciate everything written. So not a money issue. Just an informational and transparency issue. Thanks for the thoughtful post

19. 599isgonenotfair

Apr 23, 2015
  20. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I am sure all the dealers here do as well.

21. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    what is selling commission ar RM ? 10%. so at the low end he would have netted $180k minus transports costs, etc.......

and those are not guaranteed.

22. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Selling commission varies depending on the car and the value but for a $250k car, it's hard for it to not be 10% at a premiere sale like RM Amelia. Usually under $250k is no reserve and this had a reserve so figure that if it had a reserve at that price, the sellers commission was near the top. But there is ALWAYS a buyer's premium of 10%. So figure that at a $200k sale, it would be $180k before seller's commission and transport is even deducted.

And it's easy to look at the high estimate or the eventual sale if things get out of hand but what's more indicative of the market at the time is what people are prepared to take. If the market was even $300k at the time, no consignor is going to put a reserve of $200k plus all the fees.

The point is that at the time of the sale, Miller gave this guy an offer higher than going rate in the marketplace as evidenced by the reserve and commission structure of the RM sale. No one had a proper crystal ball about the Amelia sale.

23. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Out of curiousity, I decided to read every post from your first. The mistake you made, and we've all been there, is to believe because you're buying a supercar and a few over time this grants you any status - and I mean the trust you talk about. I now own several Ferraris including an F50, F40 and 599 GTO. I've used the same dealer for 15 years. And you know what, I don't trust them beyond what's reasonable. I don't kid myself they owe me anything other than basic courtesy, and basic honesty. They don't owe me any insights and given half a chance they'll duck an issue in a heartbeat. Does it make me angry? Nope. It's life. Much in the same way they don't ask me to sign an exclusivity deal, I'm free to pick and choose as I wish. And I know from them some customers have champagne tastes and beer money. They suck it up. I do get where you came from but your expectations were unreasonable, you felt incorrectly they had taken the piss as we would say and your anger did the rest. Honestly I understand but let it go. The dealer should let it go. And no one should be calling you schmuck, unrealistic for sure but abuse is unhelpful. We've all made mistakes. FChat should as it tried before to now shut this down, and you please don't feel the need to answer so kicking it off again. Let it go. Cheers.

24. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    To OP: What makes you certain Miller knew a car was going to auction? Documented proof would be nice.

25. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease keep your promise to us and refrain from posting any further. Every post you make inflicts further damage to the negative perception board members already have of you.

FOLD YOUR HAND AND CALL IT A DAY. GOT IT????????????