I had a 599 stick in February 2015 and here is why I don't now! | Page 9 | FerrariChat

I had a 599 stick in February 2015 and here is why I don't now!

Discussion in '612/599' started by 599isgonenotfair, Apr 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Every single bit of this.

(Except the thread closing part.:))

2. 599isgonenotfair

Apr 23, 2015
    Camlet1 - u are a smart guy. Not buying into a supercar, but a relationship for ongoing cars. But you are correct. That was my mistake in believing that crap. Letting it go. Taking down my blog. Wishing everyone the best. Love the passion of people's opinions. Great country where we can agree to disagree, huh? Have a great holiday

3. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Have a grateful holiday.....

4. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Btw, as a Brit I think it's magnificent the way you guys honour your soldiers. We're too reserved but in our hearts we feel the same about our boys and girls who lost their lives protecting us. I visited Arlington while in DC a few summers ago and found it very moving. A day to remember very brave kids, and to be indeed very grateful to them all.

5. NYC123

NYC123 Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2006
    #205 NYC123, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    The auction company did not even want to put that black 599 in their auction as they though it was a waste of time and did not even think it would break 270 k. I promise you no new Ferrari dealer would of thought any different it was a total freak event.

Regarding you calling me a bigot, you could not be farther from the truth. I am the most tolerant person in the world. Tolerant of every type of person in the world, tolerant of everything other than one thing. I am not tolerant of morons who try to bully people because they think they can. How about the fact that a had working sales person who probably works long hours to pay a mortgage and feed his kids now has his name in the ny post calling him a crook. You think he likes that his wife and kids maybe now have to read that? I am not calling car dealers saints as there are no shortage of crooks out there. However, in this particular situation you are just dragging somebody's name thru the mud because you think you can do whatever you want. If you don't like the responses here sorry but you are only getting a taste of your own medicine.
    name and reputation thru the mud

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    For anyone that wants to know if that RM Amelia car was a fluke or not, the Villa Erbe auction just started and they are selling another one in this sale.

7. NYC123

NYC123 Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2006
    Another northeast dealer sold a red 599stick just before you sold yours. It was also low miles. I happen to know that car sold for a good deal LESS than you got for yours. Maybe you can turn this into a class action ? Just a thoughtin case you are striving for a way to drive up more legal bills.

8. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Actually I think with the knowledge known at the time it was a very fair deal my dealer told me after the auction that the last manual 599 they sold sold for 180k and they were happy with that number

9. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    My uninformed prediction: it will sell big, but not as big as the AI car.

10. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Sold for 358,400 USD ex buyers premium. And it struggled to reach this.

11. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    I don't know that it was a struggle. There were two bidders who kept bidding in 5K increments.

12. meauxmo

meauxmo Rookie

Oct 5, 2013
    $401k with buyers premium.

13. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I guess it's what one takes out from the bidding process. To me the auctioneer was having to push real hard in order to achieve small 5K increases. He even cracked a few weak jokes including pleading with a woman in the audience to let her partner bid more, cringe worthy moment. He stayed with it like a dog with a bone - seemingly longer than he stayed with others - felt as if he was under pressure due to the 680K car. Funny how the market works. Entertaining though.

14. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    My perception was the auctioneer was giving these two bidders a hard time for moving the bidding in 5K increments by joking around sarcastically with them.

Still this car would have only brought a 175K six months ago. A hefty increase, despite...

15. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I watched the from the time the F50 came out until the 212. Was that only two I watched? Anyway, I thought he was a terrible auctioneer. Then again, if he got the bidders to keep bidding, he was doing his job.

16. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I think Max does a great job. I really think he squeezes every last dollar for the consignor. Speaking several languages helps.

17. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Damn.
    Someone should sue!

18. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Within a doubt, Max is the best in the biz. He is very effective while providing great entertainment. Plus he really knows his stuff. He's a dyed-in-the-wool car guy and has a great collection himself. I have relied on his input for several cars and have never been disappointed.

19. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I speak from inexperience. I've never watched a high end car auction, let alone been to one. I've been to plenty of equipment auctions. Completely different flavor, and moves much faster. At least I notice he continued to get every $ he could!

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    #220 amenasce, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    You are at fault for spending considerable amount of money (more than your parents house back then) on a Ferrari and not knowing what YOU OWNED.

Again, when they called telling you that they wanted YOUR car for more than YOU paid, that should have been your first clue about what you owned was special. Still..You didn't bother to educate yourself and sold the car.

You might think Miller took advantage of your lack of knowledge about your own property but the truth is that back then 30k was already a decent premium for a manual 599. No one wanted them for years.

Next time when you spend that much, at least educate yourself on what you are buying. If not don't come crying because you undersold.

21. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

....or at least a Rossa subscription.

22. NYC123

NYC123 Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2006
    So 322,560 is what seller ended up with. That seems about right as a manual 599 today is worth right around 300 give or take. Up about 10 percent from the estimate at the auction this thread is about.

23. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Confused 322,000 without premium or 401,000 with premium? That's a huge premium?

24. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    What the seller ended up netting is not what the buyer ended up paying.

25. NYC123

NYC123 Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2006
    Correct but my point is the seller in this auction is likely content as market value of a 599 stick is someplace in the 300's . Nobody would actually expect to replicate the blk car price if they have any realistic view of the market.