I hate everything! Some lady hit my TR!!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

I hate everything! Some lady hit my TR!!!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by KENCO, Mar 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Thank you.

2. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Anytime! :D

3. fuentesa3

fuentesa3 Rookie

Jun 15, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Arturo
    I have to say, I agree with mksu19. I'm an attorney and none of that stuff really matters, unless there is a personal injury that would be the basis of a lawsuit, in which fault would have to be determined. An attorney would never even take a case like this if there were no personal injury involved, there simply isn't any money in it. The damage to the vehicle would simply get worked out between the two insurance companies, regardless of fault. And if you were that anal about your car, you would think you would have an insurance company good enough to where you wouldn't have to worry about it. We attorney's get a kick out of the jackasses that come to court with their breifcase full of pictures, incorrectly using phrases like "risk mitigation." Their pretentiousness and arrogance only emphasizes their ignorance and naïveté, especially when they use words and phrases that are to big for them.

4. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Thanks man! I knew my 2 years in Law School would payoff someday. :D

5. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Note to self: weed out ambulance chasers when seeking an attorney.

Rgds,
    Vince

6. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    I am not so sure on the CarFax issue. I was working on a deal for an 87.5 Testarossa, and CarFax showed up a previous accident damage. The owner had no idea what was going on, he was the original owner and could not imagine what the heck this was there fore. We tracked down the police report, which was from Wisconsin - and then he remembered. On the way to Elkart Lake, some wingnut on a motorcycle bootscraped the drivers side just to be smart. Roger chased him down and had one of the event cops arrest him (drunk, disorderly, damage to property). It ended up on a carfax even though the car was undamaged.

I think if any police report is filed, it will likely end up on CarFax (I mean if within their time range, which seems like back to about 93 or so)...

7. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    My TR is happily at a local repair shop that I have full confidence in. I took the advice off fellow F chatters and had the insurance appraiser go there, good thing because they called me and said they do not have any data base for my car, and were unsure of how much the repairs would be. Now they have the guidance of someone with 30 years experience in customs and exotics.

RP Custom World Class Auto Body, in Largo, FL. Roy is a great guy with a great place.
    http://www.rpcustom.com/

8. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    That was quick. I am sorry you had to even go through this. But I am also happy for you that it will be quickly resolved.

CC

9. fuentesa3

fuentesa3 Rookie

Jun 15, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Arturo
    Note to self: never take a pretentous guy named Vince, that calls himself Vincenzo, as a client. Would be a major pain in the ass. Also, don't forget to chase more ambulances, in order to reach the level of the ultimate ambulance chaser, John O'Quinn(The King). Pretty good for an ambulance chaser.

Regards,
    The Ambulance Chaser

10. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Didn't this all start with an argument about a $ 5.00 camera?

BTW,

Good luck Kenco....may the force be with you !

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

11. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Finally - something we can agree on.

Good luck in your cha$e, watch out for the tires.

Rgds,
    Vince

12. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Shamille - you are right, a $5 DISPOSIBLE camera started this.

I hope we can DISPOSE of this witty reparte as this string fades away, now that Kenco's TR appears to be on the mend.

Again, good luck to kenco.

CC

13. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Agreed
    Apologies to the community.
    Rgds,
    Vince

14. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    Can you still buy those $5 cameras? I have been using my phone for the past 12 years or so.

I got a call from the other persons insurance adjuster, and they seemed really excited that they were appraising a Ferrari, when he called me, he told me they were going to pay for everything the body shop wanted and if it took more time they would pay extra. So all is good.

The car should be done in about 2 weeks, I will keep everyone posted.

15. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Don't know if they are available or not(?). The one in my car is so old & improperly stored, it probably doesn't work any more!

Hopefully you will get many photos of the repair process???? I've got spare camera if you need another one - only 5$. ;-)

Rgds,
    Vince

16. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Good luck with that. My first phone call with a hotel valet's ins. co. started like that as well until they gave me the appraisal showing $30 an hour labor for the repair. A followup letter with parts prices in writing from 2 places and a request for a rental for FRI , SAT , SUN for the two weeks they had already wasted plus the 3 it was going to take to get parts and get the work done plus a request for diminished value with a cc to a lawyer and they saw the light quickly and made a reasonable estimate right after that

17. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    I got a call from the other persons insurance, and they have accepted liability, they are sending a check to the repair shop today.

So everything is processing nicely.

Vince, I don't think that I have time to take photos of the repairs, but I can try.

18. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Ask them to do it...

19. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    The repairs were estimated at about $3,000.00, re-using and repairing the quarter panel and bumper and pad, the only part that will be new is the side marker lens, and paint. Travelers insurance did not blink an eye at the amount and accepted liability with no problem.

The lady did get a ticket for running a stop sign.

20. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    I sent an E-mail and asked them to get photos of the repair process.

21. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    You might consider doing a close & personal inspection of the rear bumper after they have it off & stripped. Depending on the lamination/ chop layup, fiberglass can internally crack with little apparent surface damage.

BTW: Another good use for a 5$ camera (seriously) - give one to the shop & tell them to use it up during the repair process. A case of Moretti La Rossa (beer) will surely get this done for you. The camera record will also 'encourage' them to minimize the bondo.

I'd have guessed a 5 to 6000$ bill...

Good luck!

Rgds,
    Vince

22. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    $3,000 seem very low on that repair. I have a dent that size in the quarter panel on my Accord and the body shop wants over $1,200 to fix it.

23. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    Not really, its all labor.

$1200 for a dent? You need to go some place else.

My wife creamed a concrete bollard pole with our brand new Tahoe, and totally destroyed the front fender and bumper, and I got that repaired for $1800. Really good work too!

24. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    KENCO, just saw and read this thread. glad to see that it will have a happy ending, but truly sorry to hear that your car was hit.

25. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    #75 KENCO, Mar 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Point well taken Vince.

I happen to know the shop, and the owner. He is a very meticulous worker, it shows in his place of business, and in the cars he rebuilds and re-sells. When I was there the other day he had some incredible cars on his showroom floor. He has a showroom for classics and another building where the body work is done.

He has done many cars from the ground up resto, rotisserie style and they look better then when they came out of the factory.

So, I feel comfortable he will make the repairs correctly. This is not some bondo shop. He has just sold a 1970 Pontiac GTO convertible that he restored for $85,000.00, just beautiful.

And that is one of many in his showroom.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login