488 - I have a weekly issue | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 I have a weekly issue

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Principissimo, Sep 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Totally understand this. Many good suggestions. Absolutely wrong direction though going with a GT car. You will actually find yourself going FASTER because you cannot feel the speed and don't even realize you are doing it. I find the opposite keeps the thrill up. That is, you need to add noise, vibration, and excitement so you feel it more. If keeping the 488, that means open the exhaust valves all the time, drive in race mode to get the harder shifts, and keeps the windows open (the rushing sound of wind makes it feel like you are going faster than you actually are.)

However, like others, going back in time is really a solid way to do this. You don't even have to get rid of your 488 (keep it for when you really want the speed as there will be times....)

I drove a well maintained 328 and I will tell you what, I LOVED it. So raw. So visceral. Fast? Not really but it FELT fast. Enjoyed every flipping minute of it and they are relatively cheap and easy to maintain (though they need constant love). I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet as my Pista is almost here. I'm not moving in the right direction either;)!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    This was going to be my suggestion. Drive a slow car fast. I just got a 2006 Ford GT. While not quite in the slow category, it certainly is fun and engaging. No touch screens. No beeps for driving forward, or back or departing lane or whatever else we get beeps for today. 3 pedals and a radio. Sometimes less is more.

3. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    As a physician and surgeon, let me tell you that you do have a serious condition. However you are not alone. Some of my patients suffer from an even more extreme form of the disease, where they cannot stop deliberating with themselves over the right car to buy next.

My colleagues and I refer to this mental condition as borderline car personality disorder.

My professional advice is to seek consultation with a medical professional at once. And take the 488, you’ll make better time.

4. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Not if you have full self healing ppf, they then are great at keeping the dust off
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Awesome choice.....mad respect. If I could knock over a bunch more liquor stores, I would like to do the same.

Ash Patel and Elisesko like this.
  6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    /thread

Mad props. Post pics and enjoy "Ford vs Ferrari" come November 15th.

Elisesko likes this.
  7. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    I agree with my colleague. However, upon further review of your symptoms my second opinion is similar:
    1. drive the 488 quickly to my office.
    2. Leave the keys with my receptionist
    3. I will call you to come get it when I think you are healed.
    4. I will tell you these things take awhile to resolve.

Principissimo and sampelligrino like this.
  8. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Unprompted, during our first drive, she said it was a He. I asked his name. She said the Batmobile. Sounds good to me!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I think you have completely misdiagnosed the patient. He has the same disease as me. It is MaxSpeed syndrome. We drive whatever we are in as fast as it can go. The only cure for this is a slower vehicle. I have applied a cure for my motorcycles by having nothing that goes over 110 mph. Still haven't cured the car part

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Principissimo likes this.
  10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Its not the car. I got a reckless in a G Wagon. :) Keep the spider and be careful.

Principissimo likes this.
  11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Beautiful car and even more beautiful daughter. Enjoy in good health brother.

Shark01, Chizz, Way2fast and 2 others like this.