I have driven manual shift sport cars all my life. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I have driven manual shift sport cars all my life.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by nberry, Feb 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have driven F1 and 6 speed 360's on the road and the track and for the track the F1 gearbox car is brilliant...but on the road I found it totally boring!

At the track it was amazing to be able to really left foot brake...trail the throttle while balancing the car...great fun!

On the street there is just somehting soooo rewarding about really getting it right....double clutch...match the revs...clack..clack thtough the gate.........ahhhhhhh :)

F1 for the track and manual for the street! Working on your driving skills...and that includes double clutch downshifts and heel and toeing is where it's at for me!

Ciao

Dino

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Thanks man. I hope you did not take any offense on the question. I will be in the market in the next few years, and just wanted to get as much info as I can. Once again, great to see you on the board, definitely one of the nicest and classiest guys around. One thing I was not aware was that you are from LA and you ride! I ride as well, though no itialian for me yet, just crappy jap stuff ;)

3. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i completely disagree 100% :)

it really does come down to personal tastes, it is certainly NOT for everyone.

those considering an F1 should definitely not hesitate to test drive one extensively. i had a 360F1 and hated it, jmo.

4. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

By the way Jimmy, I think you got your website wrong ;)

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I too went from a F1 coupe to a gear shift spider, and though it is all a matter of taste in my opinion I hapen to like the gear shift better in the 360. I do also have an 03 Maserati coupe with paddle shift which I think is better suited for that car because of its low end power. I enjoy my F1 but I feel more envolved with the car using the gear shift. Someone mention added comfort with the F1, I'm not sure I get that, as the cars other than the tranny are the same. I for one certainly hope that Ferrari never stops making gearshift cars.