I just bought a Hamann rear spoiler....a few ?'s | Page 3 | FerrariChat

I just bought a Hamann rear spoiler....a few ?'s

Discussion in '360/430' started by RedNeck, Mar 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    To hell with the purist. They made way too many of these cars. Enjoy them, and drive the snot out of them, as they were intended to be used. As to modifications, if you paid for it, go for it. Living in SoCal I know many who have these cars and never use them as they thing they will lose value. The garage queens need more maintenance and have more issues than those that are driven.

97 Spider likes this.
  2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Do you even know what spoiler you are talking about?

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    For ****s sake, it's a mild spoiler, much milder than the ones that they stuck on the Countach out in the parking lot of the factory. Not an Autozone full body kit. I guess the Countach was rice also. We have guys making CS clones out of a Modena, is that rice too? Never in my life have I been accused of this **** for 1 simple body modification. Is my old 360 really that special that so many of you are that concerned about it? If that's the case, make me a six figure offer, I just might take it...

In all seriousness, does anyone have an answer to the original question, which believe it or not, wasn't "What do you think of this spoiler?" Good lord...

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Look here is the issue:

If someone owns his/her car, then he/she can do whatever it is that pleases him/her to said car. What I don't get is when people get all butt hurt because someone else doesn't like the mods they did or doesn't feel the same way that they do. There's no need for a separate forum where someone feels that modded cars will get more appreciation or less abuse because I can tell you that if something is ugly, everyone is going to call it ugly. At the end of the day, it's your car and you should do what makes you happy and not be the slave to other people's opinions. If the majority of us feels like that ricer wing is stupid or that pink Hello Kitty fender shield is retarded then that's our problem not yours. Again, I don't see why people have to get all defensive. If someone is so worried about the opinions of others then not only do they have bigger problems than the wing on their trunk but they shouldn't share on Fchat. Simple solution.

Matt, I'm glad that you got a spoiler at a good price. I look forward to hearing your opinion on whether you want to install it or not. You've done nice work to your car. I'm sure it will continue.

Flea7 and 360trev like this.
  5. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Oh dear, here we go again ...

6. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    IMHO it should be fair game to mention in a respectful way (i.e. not saying they’re an idiot for doing it, that they’re a ricer, etc) that you’re personally not a fan of a particular mod but on the flip side if you say it in a respectful way, those that do like the mod should not get bent out of shape that you have different preferences or say you’re stupid for being a “purist” or whatever.

BAD430BENZ and 360trev like this.
  7. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    Mod it, drive it, enjoy it.

Although i draw the line at wrapping it in "hello kitty pink" look with stuffed toys stuck on the the dash.
    But that might be a Hong Kong thing only.

8. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    No my daughter does that too! LOL!

Flea7 likes this.
  9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
  10. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    I have to admit that my snarky remarks do not fit the appearance of your car with the rear spoiler. The 2nd photo must be a photo shop image to irritate people like me. Truth is, I knew that my comments would stir things up and I too tinkered with my cars appearance when I was much younger. Still tinker but not cosmetically. Pulled cats, installed Tubi's, or modified exhaust on all my Ferrari's so all were/are loud which many feel is tacky. Please accept my apology for my first post. Your spoiler looks like it belongs there.

11. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I like! But I do believe it would be better served in Yellow;)

If I could afford one, I would do it! I just think they add a bunch of money just because it fits a Ferrari. $400-500 would be reasonable for me.
    So if you get too many snarky remarks and you want to unload it, plz look me up :)

RedNeck likes this.
  12. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    #62 Drestless, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    TO all the opinionated post here, the OP asked for a part or how to retrofit the wing and not our opinion. I'm sorry these things bugs me now. I second Bad430benz' "modified section" due to this.

Why do you want your car to look like a Las Vegas rental ferrari because it looks like the same as the rest? The opinion goes both ways you know but it's better to not provide an opinion if somebody is just asking how to find a part or steps to install. The OP is not asking "how it looks or functions". IMHO only give opinion if it's being solicited to keep the tone mellow here and not initiate abrasiveness.

That's my rant. Now back to your regular program.....:cool:

13. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I do 90% of my own work also, which has been pretty extensive. I asked the question because I thought you may be talking about the pic I posted that was way "over the top" IMO

14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I'll keep that in mind...It's Rosso Corsa but I'll have to get it painted Grigio Titanio, I'll let you know if I decide against it