News

I just bought a Miata

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by saudio, May 17, 2020.

1. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #26 saudio, May 22, 2020 at 9:41 PM
    Last edited: May 22, 2020 at 9:50 PM
    Can't argue with that. I'm mostly a mid or rear engine fan but now that I have found a front engine roadster I really like the Z3 would definitely be on a list for an inexpensive second car. I think they are beautiful cars.

2. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And all this time I thought I enjoyed driving my super cars. Thanks for straightening me out.

Tu160bomber likes this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    A purchase of a 2008 F430 with 10K miles can now be had for $100K. A 2005 with 38K sells for $85K-90K. You could put 30K miles on your 2008 and in a few years sell the car at a loss of 15 K max. If you only put 10K on the car in that period, the depreciation would be 10K. The purchase of a 5 year or older regular production Ferrari will depreciate comparatively very little over time even with high mileage. The steep loss of value occurs on new car purchases within the first 3 years thereafter and will be accelerated with higher mileage.

4. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My car is a 6 speed gated. It cost a lot more than $100K and it would drop a lot faster. And I'm not sure I agree with your numbers. Who would purchase a 2005 with 40K miles when you could purchase a 2008 with 10K miles for $15K more? Anyway, it misses the point, which is that I'd daily drive my 430 I chose to afford to. ;-)

5. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Why was the title of my thread changed? It's no big deal but it's odd that other people can edit my posts and I can't.

6. fotostars

fotostars Karting

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    This is absolutely crazy... I would seek some explanation with the FChat authorities.

7. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well, as I said, no big deal, but I'm really curious why it was important to change my thread title from "i just bought something interesting" to "I just bought a Miata". Three posts below me there is a thread titled "I bought a really fun car". That thread title seems to be OK.

tbakowsky and Tu160bomber like this.