I just sold my 550 Friday for $103 K on BaT | FerrariChat

I just sold my 550 Friday for $103 K on BaT

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by RDM, Nov 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RDM

RDM Karting

Nov 22, 2010
    Atlanta GA
    Full Name:
    Doug Moffat
    While I am very sad to let her go. I have not been able to dive in the last year. After listing it here I then sent it to Colleen Sheehan at ferraris online in California. She eventually listed it on BaT and it finally got the love it deserved. Colleen did a great job and Chris Dugan did the PPI. It was feet through and helped the car sell, I believe. I want to thank everyone on this forum that helped me maintain and sort the car over the past decade. It was allot of fun and your collective knowledge is reflected in the condition of the car and the results. I would also like to congratulate the new buyer, (JBlake). I hope he finds his way on this forum and continues the love I had given 115139. I spent $64,000 on her over 10 years and I Truely believe that w//o the advice I received here and (FCI in Greensboro) it would have been 1.3-1.5 times that.. best of luck and good driving to everyone. Feel free to reach out if you desire. Best Doug Moffat

F456M, MRY and Il Tifoso like this.
  2. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Congrats on the sale. I was watching as I have almost the twin with far less mileage. I think you got a fair price given the mileage...what's next?

3. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Congrats Doug - you’re going to miss it! My good friend (geewiz) was the one bidding against JBlake, but ultimately JBlake won out... I was bummed for my friend, but happy for you on the sale.

Best of luck for whatever comes next!

Ruben

4. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Nice price given the mileage. Congrats. Beautiful color combination both inside and out.

5. hwyman

hwyman Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2015
    Canada / Los Angeles
    Watched the auction was glad to see the jump from 81 where it sat. You'll miss it.... they're just soooooo good but at least you got good use out of it

6. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @RDM I don't think there would be a negative to sharing now that the auction is over on your car.....would you be willing to share a little of your experience with the process on how BaT set or negotiated the reserve on your sale (and were you happy with the level that was set)? Thanks for the education -- Eric

7. Eddevine

Eddevine Karting
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Feb 21, 2012
    Reno Nv.
    Full Name:
    Ed Devine
    RDM, I watched the auction also. I try to follow the 550's. As has been stated you will miss it but what can you do sometimes.
    Seemed like a good price for a great car. The new owner will love the TdF blue in the sun.
    I sold my Jensen on BaT a day before you sold your car and am sorry to see mine go. Not that a Jensen is a Ferrari but I can sympathize.

On to the next one!

Ed

8. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    $64k over 10 years ?

9. Dm993tt

Dm993tt Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    David
    fun to watch that auction. as someone who has a 46k mi 550 that I bought on BAT for 90k, it made me feel great about my purchase. ( mine is giallo modena and not the desirable tdf blue though.)

10. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @Dm993tt it was those last 2 guys that drove it up.....I couldn't believe it. There is just so much money out there its amazing.

David, it looked like your car might have been ready for a major with belt service when you got it? If that was the case, how expensive was your major and the "while you were in there's"?

Your profile doesn't show location, are you in California as well?

Thanks

11. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I love yellow marenellos.

12. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I’ll fix that for you as I also love “Maranyellows”

technom3 likes this.
  13. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yyyyaaaaassssss!

14. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @Dm993tt I did the research, looks like you are in florida somewhere and this earlier post might be the same video? The video in this post worked.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/147445713/

Would love to see/hear more of your car as well. Love the Maranyellow.

15. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    There’s a wonderful 456 GT stick coming up on BAT , Seen it a bunch at cars and coffee everything has been fixed .