I just watched Unique Whips, Anyone else annoyed of Will Castro | FerrariChat

I just watched Unique Whips, Anyone else annoyed of Will Castro

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 9 ONE 1, Apr 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 9 ONE 1

9 ONE 1 Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    S. V.
    This guy thinks that he is "the man". What an annoying @s5hole. I heard and saw a couple of posts from other chatrooms that the shop is a total rip. I can see that. I would not bring my car to a person or a business ran like that. This guy constantly talks down to him employees and threatens to fire them on a daily basis. How can these people stand this guy?

Remy the top installer does great work, he should open a shop of his own.
    The other installers seems like good people, but I would not trust them with a $300,000 Lambo.

Lastly, Will pretty much butchers that cars that are brought in. I've seen an episode that they took a new Range Rover and "customized" it with Strut grillz, generic Sears or Pepboys rims, crack head window tinting.

The car probably dropped value by atlease 1/2.

Just venting.

2. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Yeah I hate him also. There is something about his attitude that just isn't right.

3. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Yeah. He's a real jerk.

4. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    He is a MAJOR jerk

Hate the show too!

Whats a Lambo GALL r doe?

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    It's "POP culture" and enough people think it's cool, otherwise he'd just be another shop.

6. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    He can't be worse than that dope Boyd Coddington and his asswipe sidekick Duane on American Hotrod.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yeah, Boyd is the worst. Just piles up projects for his guys with deadlines that are nearly impossible to meet and treats his workers like crap. At least that Will Castro guy doesn't make deadlines that are impossible to meet and doesn't get as angry toward his employees. Just slap on some rims and tint and call it a day.

8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    unique whips :

i don't think i have seen them do a car i would not be embarassed to drive

american hot rod:

how much of the "deadline" stuff is real vs the need to create some sort of drama for the tv show ?

9. JLP

JLP Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Bay Area, Ca
    Will "Asstro" is a clown who doesn't know the first thing about modding a car proper. Boyd is a crusty old dog...........Foose is the guy I would use for a custom rod, he is the guy!

10. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    what amazes me with those dicks is how did thet get where they are? if i worked at a shop that treated me like that i'd bury a wrench in his head. what kind of customer associates with jerks like that. it's all a mystery, how the biggest a** hole gets the pretty girl, the best job...

11. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007
    Nothing Unique about Unique Whips except the price he charges.

Oh, you want a set of $5,000 rims on your car? That's gonna cost you $20K Here at Unique.

You want two $150 subwoofers and a $700 amp with a square plain box with $10 worth of carpet on it (Remmy Special)? That's gonna cost you $15,000 here at Unique.

Oh, and we spray painted your dash board (nice huh!) in the parking lot with a $5.00 can of Krylon. A bug of some sort got stuck to the paint so we had to do it over again with another $5.00 can of Krylon. So....that total is going to come out to $3,700 for that "custom" job.

Will is a tool. Remmy needs to split and get his own shop. He don't need Will. Will needs him. Considering Remmy drives like a 1993 Pathfinder, im guessing Will is not writing big checks.

12. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I agree the 'custom' sub boxes and 'custom' painted dash mods that they do are completely retarded. I could do the majority of the work that he does and it would look just as good. Either way Castro is a tool and those guys need to go ahead and get out of their and get their own **** started to make some real money and not have to take whatever Castro throws at them.

13. erikandersondesigns.com

Mar 5, 2006
    Lee's Summit
    Full Name:
    Erik Anderson
    The episodes are a very simple formula:

Start with nice car:
    +bling rims
    +TVs
    +grills/stupid overpriced accents
    +generic sound system
    = 'Unique Whips'.

I can't recall any car that I've been impressed with. Some of the interior work is nice but these days anyone can bolt rims, tint windows, and install a sub box. I think Remy has some good ideas but isn't allowed to exercise them. It's been quite some time since I've seen it, are they running new episodes?

14. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
  15. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
  16. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I don't think Will is anywhere near as bad as Boyd. I don't understand why people pay so much for what his company does, but that is just me. No question Fosse is in a different league but I think that has something to do with his upbringing.

17. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Is Boyd the one who is always arguing with Will? If so, I see what you mean!

18. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Boyd is like a 60 year old hot rod builder based on the West Coast. I doubt Will has ever even talked to the guy being they're doing entirely different cars and on the opposite sides of the country.

19. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Oh. I guess I was a bit off there. :)

20. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Correct.......... Though, you win nothing......

21. 9 ONE 1

9 ONE 1 Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    S. V.
    #21 9 ONE 1, Apr 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just saw the episode with 50 cent and G-unit. I can only imagine what Will charged these guys for rims and tint. I'm sure some of it is publicity and some just stupid money. This tells you that money cannot never buy class.

Also, I don't understand why the show would have to do anything with Will Castro's new estate that he is building, while Remy drives off in his Nissan Exterra, not even a Pathfinder, and Exterra.

I believe his name is Chip, but the elder man with the glasses that also does good work drives to work in a 1986 Honda Accord. WTF!?!

All this while the "boss" has the logo Unique Whips custom painted on just about everything he owns. What a prick.

I have a good set of "employees" that I rely on everyday, I treat them well and never call them "my employees", they are my associates. Without them I have nothing. I thank them every chance I get and wish them a great day before I leave my office, everyday.

But not Will, he invited his crew to his lavish Estate and even had them BBQ for him at a party that he threw for them, but it did not stop there, even at his own home, after work hours, he was still very condescending to his workers.

I WOULD NEVER DROP A DIME AT A STORE THAT TREATS HIS ASSOCIATES LIKE SLAVES. EVEN IF IT WERE CHEAPER OR CONVINIENT
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007
    The way I see it, it's Will's money he can do whatever he wants with it. If he wants to live like a king while his main man can't get to work cause all he can afford is a 91 Exterra or whatever, something is seriously wrong with the guy.

What I don't understand is why Remmy and the others don't bail on that turd and start their own shop? Look at Chip Foose. He bailed on that jackhole Boyd Coddington and look at him now. He's going toe-to-toe with him in the hotrod business. Meanwhile, Boyds filing bankruptcy. Chip can do that cause he's the one with the talent, just like Remmy is the one with the talent.

I'm sure Remmy has some loyalty to Will cause he's been there since the start. He needs to wise up. All he's doing is making Will very rich. It's sickening seeing him get **** on like that. If I was rich I'd make Remmy an offer he could never refuse, and go to war with Castro.

23. The Rig

The Rig Karting

Sep 5, 2006
    Tucson
    Full Name:
    Gerry Shanks
    the only vehicle thats ever come out of that shop that was worth a s@#t was tony stewarts hearse. And thats because they brought in three of the top installers in the industry.(steve brown, fishman, and gary biggs.)

That show is a black eye for the industry. Dumbass loser who knows nothing about customizing, yelling at everyone in sight, turning out crappy work. I guess people just like the drama. And it amazes me what people will accept on their cars. I see it all the time, not just on the show. How someone can hand back the keys to the car, and with a straight face say "Look what we did, isnt it cool?" And the person whos car it is obviously thinks it is, because they take it and show it off. Maybe people just dont know that you dont have to accept hacked up crap that looks terrible when it comes to their car.

Chip Foose is the man. I'm glad hes kicking boyds a$$!

24. jerseydriver

jerseydriver Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    castro is an jerk-off

he charges regular people outrageous prices

yet he'll kiss ass of celebs and charge them next to nothing

what a peice of ****. like it was said, if remy had his own shop which he could open like nothing he would put "unique" out of business because like it wa said unique would close without remy.

fu(k will castro

fu(k how he thinks he is "the man" because he is far ffrom it. especially when he is 4 foot 8 inches tall. and 340 pounds. he hurts his leg and has to drive a scooter? then you know your too fat, fu(kface.

25. jerseydriver

jerseydriver Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    oh yeah

you guys see that one with the guy who bought one of the first nissan 350Z 'verts?

he was trying to charge the guy $25k for a system. the guy said i just payed $30k for the car? WTF?

castro says, well i guess your not unique clientele then. what a peice of ****