I know someone can help w/ this... | FerrariChat

I know someone can help w/ this...

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Jet911M3, Apr 3, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jet911M3

Jet911M3 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Don
    Hello. My name is Dave and I need someone's help. I'm using my father-in-law's login to contact anyone in the Phoenix area who owns a Ferrari. Sunday, April 1st, my father-in-law passed unexpectedly while we were in California. It is a complete shock to his close knit family and has everyone devestated. Recently he was in the market to purchase a 360 or F355, but didn't get the chance to own one. I work in the automotive industry but have little resources to find the more exotic cars. I've been asked to find a 360 or F355 for the ceremony we are putting together in his honor. The ceremony is being held at the Arizona Biltmore Monday April 9th. What I need from anyone is a 360 or 355 preferably, but will take any recent model from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The car will be on display along with his Porche. Your car will be locked, untouched in a highly visible area for that short time. I will pay cash for your time and efforts but can only afford a few hundred dollars. If you think you can help, please call me at 602-318-9721 anytime and name your price. You can post a reply, but I don't know his password and may not be able to get back on this site. This forum was still on his computer when we got home from California. Thank you for your consideration. I want to make him proud.-Dave

2. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I hope someone has responded who has a Ferrari. I mean, out of the 136 people who have bothered to look at this thread, hopefully somebody has offered to show their 360. Lord knows there are a bunch of them out there in our area. The guy seems sincere. C'mon guys, it was the guys dying wish, show some compasion.

3. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I agree, wish I had one I could take.

4. AZ308GTS

AZ308GTS Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    Phoenix,AZ
    My 308 won't do much good otherwise I would.

5. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just recently sold my F355 or I'd be there.
    Sorry about your loss.

6. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Jeff, if he doesnt find a Ferrari in this town (which would be PATHETIC!), who is willing, I will do it if my schedule permits. We should do it together.

7. Jet911M3

Jet911M3 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Don
    Thanks for your help guys! I know it's short notice and Mondays are typically very busy for most of us. Any other suggestions would be great. We looked into a rental, but the rates are outrageous even for a few hours. We're not stuck on a Ferrari, but it was what he was in the market for the last few months. He owns a Porche and loved the GT2 and Carrera GT. Anything fast and exotic was his passion like most of you I imagine.

8. surfbum

surfbum Rookie

May 8, 2006
    Sorry to hear of your loss, just got back in town and read this thread, I can bring a 430 spider and a GT3 if you would like. Are the services at the Hotel?

9. Jet911M3

Jet911M3 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Don
    That would be incredible. The services are at the hotel in the Macarthur Ballroom. The cars will need to be pushed inside from Noon to 3 p.m. (the times changed from the original post) His Porche will be there abd I think we have another Ferrari in the works. We expect upwards of 1500 people to be there. If the scheduling works for you, please call me by Friday. I have some details with the hotel about how much fuel is allowed in the cars for them to be inside. We are putting together a website that will give you an idea of what kind of person he is. I'll have the link on here tomorrow. Thank so much for the offer! I'll be in touch.

10. Allen F

Allen F Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2006
    AZ / PNW / NYC
    Full Name:
    Allen
    I have a 1999 F355 Spyder (blue). Please let me know if this would be of any help. Allen Faulkner 602-363-5616.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

11. sgcullen

sgcullen Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Cullen
    Contact [email protected]. He might be able to arrange for the SECC to do a cool Ferrari drive by or something. If I wasn't in Tucson, I'd definitely do the honors. Sorry for your loss.

12. Jet911M3

Jet911M3 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Don
    I can't believe how many of you have come forward! This so much more than I could ever ask for. I will have the exact times either later tonight or tomorrow. Last I was told it would be from 12:30 to 3. (I think) I'm sorry for not having the exact times yet. Everything is happening so fast. I will keep you all posted. Thnka you so much. It's a great feeling to know there are still decent are generous people out there. -Dave

13. Nicksta

Nicksta Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2006
    DC Ranch & NY, NY
    Full Name:
    Nick Ingle
    I have a red F355 and work across the street at the Camelback Esplanade. If you still need one, let me know the details.