i LOVE MY "JOB"...! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

i LOVE MY "JOB"...!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 134282, May 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    You'll be there...?!? Whoa, i get to meet Mule...!

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Same here Carb, I think...

3. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    NNO: Just remember, you could wake up and it could be a dream. No Penelope Cruz, no 250 GTO replica in the garage. And also remember, you are the only reason you are there (if you get what i mean...). Give my regards to Gerald. (BTW, if you want to twist some panties, do your write up on the GT-2 and stick it in the thread on "Would you sell your F car for a P?). Baisez-moi, your friend. Bill.

4. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I'll be there for 10 days.

5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    So nice to hear some good news. Very happy for you, Carbon!

6. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Congrats! I would have LOVED your job when I was a bit younger...

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Bill, you're the man, plain and simple... i hope to see you again, be it down here, up there or out in California... Hanging with you for a day was really cool; you're a real class act and i'm proud to call you my friend... Thanks for the kind words, i appreciate them...

BTW, i posted in the 997 thread and if you see panties flying every which way, it's because i twisted them so hard they straight popped off... :)

Sqeeze it easy, Breezy.

Mule, it looks like i'll be there for AT LEAST a week (oh, the horror!:))... i'd really like to meet up to at least talk about models, if not real cars... :)

Thanks, Sam...

Smiles, since i took this job, i actually feel a bit younger... :)

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Carb it is a rare thing being able to do what you love. Congrats!

9. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Good thing you enjoy what you do for living. How high we aim is all up to ourselves, and I believe your enthusiasm can take you to where you want to be. Glad to hear you are enjoying your current job!

10. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Great to hear you're loving it all, Carb. The lack of your post-whoring :) has not gone unnoticed. Posting on here as part of the job--very cool. Sounds like you are making great use of this wonderful opportunity. Enjoy!

11. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

DES, did you move? where do you live now?

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Why, heaven, of course.

13. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    Des, ( I will always call him that) probably has the one job where having a ferrari really could be justified as a business expense :)

14. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Now THAT'S an idea... :)

Jim, wtf, where've you been...? i've only plastered it ALL OVER THE BOARD, a hundred times over... i started a wonderful relationship here at The Ferrari Market Letter on May 4th... i'm in Atlanta... :)

Chris, it is VERY rare...

Thanks, Yoshi & Erik... :)

15. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    Don't give him any ideas, and DES don't let your job get in the way of growing your post count!

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Why not, it IS a good idea... :)
    The post count has tapered off a bit and i imagine it will continue to do so... Little breaks here and there will keep me in the loop, but there's too much to do and so much enjoyment in doing it that i can't imagine getting bored... :)

17. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    with all the resourses at your finger tips, i will bet that your posts become a great asset, just think of all the info you can now access at work!!! congrats on the job.

18. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Its been a while, how about an update on the new job? What specific duties, perks etc.

19. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i'm there right now... Was here yesterday; didn't leave until midnight; i can't get enough of it...! i love it...!

i get to be creative with the things i'm doing... Working a lot on the website, making it more interactive... Will be implementing new concepts down the road... Gotta map them out, first...
    Market Letter day is always fun... i think few people realize that every Market Letter is printed in-house, then stuffed into an envelope and driven to the post office... The printing press here is older than i am... It's a really cool process to watch... Putting effort into different things then watching them all go together and eventually become one, unified thing is really rewarding...

i'm surrounded by books, so if i need to know something, i just go grab a book; if i can't find it, Gerald knows where it is - although he usually knows the answer without having to look in a book...

Perks...? Road Atlanta was "work"; Monterey will be "work"... but one of the biggest perks is, over time, i'll learn all sorts of old, new and very interesting stuff... Rather than just identifying a car, i'll be able to differentiate it from other, similar models; i'll know the year(s) it was built and all sorts of other cool stuff... The stories thus far, have been very cool... i've already met some very interesting folks... No regrets here, just lots and lots of fun... :)

20. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    You going to be "Working" at the USGP in Indy????

21. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No. LOL, i can't wake up in time to watch on television, there's no way ii'll make it to the actual race... :)

22. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Damm, I was hoping to harrass you at Indy i guess it will have to wait till Monterey ;)

Beast

23. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Sorry, buddy, gonna have to be Monterey... However, i can say this... The more and more and i talk to folks, the more and more this is looking like what could definitely turn out to be the most memorable Ferrari event, EVER. i can't wait... :)

24. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I cannot wait myself. In fact i just talked to my father yesterday and he wants to make the trip also. I am sure it will change a few of my weekend plans as he wants to visit a place where we use to live on top of a mountain overlooking San jose. To be honest i would not mind visiting up there also. In fact that might be a hell of a road trip to make with some Ferrari's in Tow as the roads are twisty and scenic :)

Likewise since he decided to join in i had to change motel reservations and will be staying in Gilroy in stead of Salinas as originaly planned :( Then we are also talking about taking PCH on the way back and burning a few rolls of film in the process :)

It should be fun the last time my father and i did a road trip was to Lake Havasu Az for the World Jet Ski finals from NM and he ended up with the girl winning the Bikini Contest sitting on his shoulders that afternoon :D

Beast

BTW if you like some of my jokes just wait till you talk to my dad he can rip them off left and right.

25. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    #50 JMJ575M, May 31, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

DES/Carbon/Mr Lucky: I hope you remember this shot I took of you at INDY 2003....

JMJ
    Image Unavailable, Please Login