I love the 360 | FerrariChat

I love the 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by 550nitis, Jun 2, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    i have to say that I love the 360. Has to be my favorite Ferrari regardless of what anyone says specially Jeremy Clarkson. Love this quote from him when he compares the 360 to 355 and lambos:
    “They say they’ve raised the front end so owners don’t graunch it quite so often on pavements and the like but I don’t want practicalities sticking their nose into the equation. I want my V8 supercars to hunker down and snort the white lines right off the road.”

The 360 is the perfect car, modern yet mechanical. You get your xenons, abs, and a somewhat traction control. That’s all you need!

What do you love most of your 360?

KC360 FL likes this.
  2. Caphill

Caphill Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    I love the curves. The 360 looks like an evolved Dino. It is just a beautiful car.

docf, grtoz, HIO Silver and 3 others like this.
  3. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I believe the summary of Top Gear’s first 360 review with Tiff, introducing it as a replacement for the 355 “the best car in the world” was, “the king is dead. Long live the king”. And that was an F1.

There are probably a couple better driver’s cars out there, immediately I think of the Carrera GT or Macca F1, but for the price, looks, and accessability, I think the gated 360 is best.

4. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Contrary to what some people think, the 360 is a seriously fast car. I keep up with most people I drive with...430, 458, 488, even the 12 cylinder models shake me in straights but I catch them in corners. It a really fun fast car. Had a great ride today with the FOG group but picked up a crack in the windshield from a rock...I think State Farm is gonna dump me....

5. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Agreed. The 400hp is all about the gearing and torque. I've had a few nice 911's. The 360 is way faster and can get you in trouble quickly if you don't respect it's power.

As for the insurance. Dump State Farm if they don't dump you first. You need to do a search here for the insurance threads. Agreed Value is the only way to go. State Farm does not offer Agreed Value policies only Guaranteed Value which is utterly worthless to you. They will screw you royally if you ever have a total loss--- ask me how I know...

PS: The looks of the 360 slayed me from the first time I saw the car. That V8 under glass is sublime. IMO one of the best designs for Ferrari ever. I'm never parting with mine even when I get too old to drive it I may still keep it to just look at!

crinoid likes this.
  6. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I few things keep me loving the 360, the look of a challenge grill and the full glass bonnet on the spider. The gated manual transmission, the sound, and to me I think the 360 and the 430 are the best looking spiders (full top for removal with minimal buttresses, completely stowed away without a leather cover leaving you looking at those beautiful leather roll bars).

I'm 360 Canuck, Bigilo and HIO Silver like this.
  7. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    True, I think that a lot of people don’t know how to drive cars like the 360 in the rev band and think it’s slower than it is because it’s not a low-end torque car. To them I’m sure the 430 feels like a much bigger bump than it is.

360trev likes this.
  8. jrtaylor9

jrtaylor9 Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    I was never a Ferrari or a 360 fan, but I’ve owned my fair share of well-respected drivers cars. I drove a 360cs one day and was blown away as one of the top diver involved experiences behind a wheel. So i bought one. I’ll check back in a few months after the “newness” has worn off to tell u if I think it is a keeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Agreed and guaranteed value is the same
    The one that you refer is “stated value”
    https://www.hagerty.com/insurance/insurance-tips-and-resources/stated-value-vs-guaranteed-value

I have a question for you, how can an insurance company pay less than market value on a car that is already depreciated like a 360?

My agent told me they take the NADA guide value as a reference because KBB doesn’t have values for Ferraris
    and you could not get an “agreed value” for more than market value because the companies that offer it need an appraisal.

For a newer car I totally get the point because the car depreciates like a rock the first years out of the lot, but for a model that has hit rock bottom like the 360?

AND I LOVE MY 360
    fixing sticky things on doors as we speak

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I love the look of the 360, but I also love the sound. I was on the freeway today with the top down, when one of the few other 360s in Hawaii came up behind me. I could hear the amazing sound of that engine before I could see it, and long after he passed me! I love the sound of the thing, and I also like that fact that with the stock exhaust, it is relatively quiet pulling away so I don't disturb the neighbors. But when you open it up out on the road, the sound opens up.

My mechanic at the dealership also told me, in his opinion there is nothing like the sound of the 360.

11. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    My 360 has the upgraded stereo but it’s the silliest option ever because who wants to listen to anything but that engine? I never turn it on.

02360spider and Caphill like this.
  12. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Agreed on the stereo...I have a level 3 Capristo and the wailing scream's are simply awesome...friends hear my car echoing in the canyons and can't believe it's a little 3.6!

13. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    My guess....it will be a keeper...the CS is a awesome car! Cheers! And it will continue to climb in value...

14. velocegiallo

velocegiallo Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2017
    California
    I think my 01 MT would be the newest Ferrari I would own. It is the perfect combination of styling, driving experience, amazing sounds and simple clean interior. Not to mention, how could one even enjoy more than 400hp on public roads? My coworker asked if I had the money would I get a 488 or 812...those cars are just ok to me. So over styled and engineered. If I had the dough I would get a 512 TR and a 328.

15. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I think my 360 is amongst the most beautiful cars in the world, and I'm very proud and happy to own her. She's perfect for me :)

16. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    You are correct, Stated Value (not Guaranteed Value) is the worthless policy they sell. My mistake. But my State Farm agent sure made it sound like I was fully covered and even "stated" the value of my car at a price I was comfortable with. Until of course it was time to pay for a total loss from a 16 year old driver running a red light and totaling out my 911 Carrera 3.0-- Which was fully restored. Their specially hired "expert" came back with a figure of $12,500 --- about a third of what they "Stated" the value of my car was just weeks earlier.

To answer your question of :"how can an insurance company pay less than market value on a car that is already depreciated like a 360?"
    Insurance companies like State Farm do pretty much what they want. Providing receipts for the restoration, other valuations of 3.0 Carreras (even one that miraculously popped up for sale locally) was ignored and met with total disinterest-- and this was MY insurance company. It took a year to get this claim resolved and I still was cheated out of what I was owed for the car.

"...you could not get an “agreed value” for more than market value because the companies that offer it need an appraisal." This is bullsh*t.
    Agreed value has always been a policy I have acquired without any appraisal. My insurance company asks me what I want to insure the car for. If I give a price that falls within the guidelines of Hagerty's valuations (my insurance company is not Hagerty) they write the policy. I have done this for years. In the case of my classic cars they do ask for 4 simple photos of all 4 sides of those cars, but that is it.

The only stipulation is some of the Agreed Value policies have yearly mileage restraints. But not all. In fact some companies that sell Agreed Value policies have no mileage restraint policies for additional cost.

Don't listen to these run of the mill auto insurance companies. They lie, and many times don't even have the facts correct. They are not in business of insuring special cars and most times give completely false information. Sometimes knowingly, sometimes just out of ignorance.

17. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    But I guess they will not allow you to insure a car for a price way higher than its market value. Otherwise it could be used for fraudulent claims.
    They will check if the agreed value is in line with certain limits.
    I am kind on the fence with collectors car policies they put so many restrictions on usage (besides mileage)
    And the deal breaker was that they wanted the car to be parked in an enclosed garage that no one has access to, I live in a high rise and the underground parking is secured but obviously other homeowners have access to.
    Maybe your provider is not that strict, can you please provide the name so I can see that option??
    Thanks

18. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    #18 KC360 FL, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    The company is American Southern Home

This company will allow you to insure your car for more than the Hagerty values if you can provide proof of modifications like custom wheels, special interior, etc.

However, I would try Grundy. It seems many folks here have had great results with very reasonable rates-- better than Hagerty, FWIW