I miss my 430..... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

I miss my 430.....

Discussion in '360/430' started by The Ape, Jan 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    to be honest.. the car is probably 100% good now.. once they slolve the issues the car is rock solid..

the gransport I bought a bit ago actually had a lemon law return on it.. I looked up the history..

basically it was fine it's first 13k miles.. some loser who bought it from Cali to jersey decided he didn't want it and didn't want to lose cash.. so he brought all these complaints.. so the history was perfect until 13k miles, then after 200 miles it was reported as a lemon law buyback..

I used this to get a bit of a discount on the car (still under warranty) and it's been rock solid 10k miles later..

now.. I do not think my maserati was an actual lemon... it was a car that someone used the lemonlaw in jersey to not take a depreciation hit.. however having said that i'll bet your car now that it is fixed is solid as a rock..

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    My neighbor is a Big Wig with Porsche N.A. and he brought over a Panamera before they came out. It was a 4S with the optional RS wheels in a really nice color, I could not believe how terrific it drove. It was optioned just as Ape's car is. We took it for a spin and tried the L/C and the thing is amazingly quick, much faster than I thought.

I concur with the QP being a gorgeous car inside and out, but the reliability factor always comes into question as a DD. In 4 months I have to replace my DD 997 and I am leaning either Panamera or Cayenne as we already have a Sedan in the family. I will say one thing about Porsche Quality, no matter what you know you can go anywhere anytime with no issues.

Ape I followed your post on the 599 and I wish you the best, I hope you get a Scud if your planning on using it for weekends and joy rides as they are amazing cars. When I was looking for my 430, my wife and my friends thought I was crazy not to get a Spider (living in Southern Cal), but to be honest the lines of the Coupes IMHO are just awesome.

As far as Mamo, great posts as usual, stay away from the farm animals however.

Best,
    Tony

3. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    my gransport is my first maserati.. and that thing is solid.. with no reliability issues in 10k miles.. Aren't the QP's solid too?

4. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    speakling from experience?.. I'm Greek btw :) that is like asking an eskimo to stay away from snow.

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Hilarious! Your great. As far as the QP is concerned, I have heard the later ones are ok for reliability and the earlier ones with the Duo Select have some issues. If your used to a German Sedan for a DD, the QP may come off as being a bit idiosyncratic.

6. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Funny, and also "MamoVaka" if you were to change the K for a C as "MamoVaca" then this could mean that you suck a cow in spanish, lol.

7. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    #57 MamoVaka, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
    You don't think I have heard this before? when I was was a little mamovaka growing up I was beat constantly about the ass/genitalia due to this name.

8. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
  9. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    I have to say.. the 360 and 430 look spectacular in black.. they do..

I recently saw a 430 in black.. it's so sharp.. black brings out a lot in these cars..

I would recommend he get a 599 or 430 in BLACK

10. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  11. swifty

swifty Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    HAHAHAHAAAAHAHHAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA....ohhh boyy...can't believe this is my first post in Ferrarichat but I'm laughing sooo hard, I just had to.

12. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    i dont know, used 430, 599, or even the scuds are very attractive. u should be happy u didnt take delivery of that 599.
    If i could of wait i would, i didnt see them falling that fast in today's market.

13. gadgetman

gadgetman Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2008
    Westlake Village, Ca
    Full Name:
    Curt W
    #63 gadgetman, Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
    Hey Ape, bummer about the 599.....understand. I've been away from FC for some time. Just too friggin' busy. I'm seriously considering the California again (like I did last summer) and would be getting rid of my '07 430 Coupe. I'm trying to get some numbers and am probably going to get a dealer trade price today. (5700 miles, Pozzi Blue, Tan interior, CC brakes, Yellow Calipers, Shields, Carbon Driver and rear Grill....) Never had a problem. I you like deep, deep blue...........

Anyway, good luck with your search!

ps. i'd been a Porsche guy for years. Drove the Panamera for the first time last weekend......wow....i was really impressed. My wife would love to get rid of her '09 Quatroporte S for one. Won't do it now because the hit on the QP would be too big.

14. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    I miss my 430 like mad too, yet it is downstairs in the garage but the weather in Switzerland has been snowbound for the last 8 weeks ..........

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I would have thought you would have outfitted those new Ferrari CF ski's by now! :)