I need a detailer in concourse level. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I need a detailer in concourse level.

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by PRFCTNST, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Well, I wish to make one thing clear : I have no reservations about charging you $95.00/hr. to correct and 'finish' someone else's six-figure restoration. We restore vintage cars at our paint shop, and would never allow a car to leave with "imperfections"--pitting, orang peel, dust specs in the finish, whatever. It just seems more principle to me, that whoever got paid for the restoration should complete it to your satisfaction. Not to mention a collector, vintage Ferrari like the 275.

Regards,
    Gus

2. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Hey Emil,

I agree, Matt has an excellent reputation, as I mentioned to Perfectionist.

We have won a 1st place Concours in the NJ PCA with a black 996T. I am also an apprentice concours judge in the PCA metro area. We also prepare for shows and museums for some of our clients to concours level.

Gus

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    I DONT THINK YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS WAS NICE TO BE MADE PUBLIC ON THIS CHAT....IF YOU HAD, OR WAS GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR CAR AND GUS, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY EMAIL OR A PHONE CALL...THATS SHOWS POOR TASTE IN BUSINESS AS WELL AS A HUMAN BEING...SHAME ON YOU...

GUS IS ALSO A SPONSOR HERE, AND I HAVE MET HIM, A CLASS GUY!!!!

4. PRFCTNST

PRFCTNST Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Perfectionist
    Bruce, I appreciate your opinion, but I keep reading my posted messege and can't find anything that can be considered negative. I only expressed my opinion. I am not very experinced in forums, but as far as I know this is a place that car enthusiasts share experiences openly. And as far as "Poor taste in business" goes, I think that only my bank account can be judge of it; or should I donate few dollars here so you considare me class guy too :)

AND AS FAR AS ME "HAVING POOR TASTE AS A HUMAN BEING", I ASK YOU WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME? YOU CRITICIZE ME FOR ME SHARING MY OPINION, YET SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR BEHAVIOR...SHAME ON YOU!
    YOU NAUGHTY BOY:)))

5. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

YES ITS A FREE FORUM :)

BRUCE

6. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger

That a boy BB!

7. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    FYI, Gus also gave a generous donation to ROE!!!

8. LJH

LJH Rookie

Feb 2, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jack Horner
    #33 LJH, Mar 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is an excellent detailing shop, in addition to other high end car services:

Performance Outfitters
    Stamford, CT
    203-975-1188

ask for Todd Brown or Paul Burkman, or email:
    [email protected]

They do work for the local factory authorized Ferrari dealer. They prepped my car, s/n 8325, for the FNA 612 intro in NYC in Dec 2003. The car passed muster for Luca di Montezemolo, so their work should meet the most exacting standards. See attached photo.

Jack Horner
    Image Unavailable, Please Login