I purchased BAT 1987 TR. Would like some advice from the group | Page 4 | FerrariChat

I purchased BAT 1987 TR. Would like some advice from the group

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by 2008F430, Dec 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2008F430

2008F430 Karting

Apr 30, 2020
    St Augustine
  2. 2008F430

2008F430 Karting

Apr 30, 2020
    St Augustine
    Update. So far I have spent more time working on projects than driving the car but I have managed to get in 300 miles since I took delivery. Projects completed. I had a moth ball smell in the car which I assume was from being in storage. I removed all the carpets that would come out with the exception of the front side strips, rear small strip behind the seats and the carpet on the rear shelf. I couldn’t figure out how to remove the trim to get this piece out. Any knowledge on how to remove it would be appreciated!! The rest I cleaned in place with a shampoo machine. I also cleaned all the leather in the car. This helped tremendously. It smells 98% now. Hoping the rest will fade out over time with leaving the windows open in AC garage. While the seats were out I did the drivers side repair using aluminum sheet and tightened/reshaped the bolsters. What a difference in comfort and noise. I didn’t realize all the squeaks were coming from my seat! Last night I did the drivers side window repair/cleaning. Now it goes up/down like a normal car. It was about 20 seconds before so I am really happy with the results. I will say it’s quite a job. Not too proud to say it took me 6 hours with a diner during that time. I think I can do the other side in 4 hours now that I know how to do it. Thanks to the two guys for the post on the seat repair and the window repair. Never could have done it without the detailed directions!
    Couple of things I need to address. When the car is cold, and sometimes when warm, it wants to stall when I let off the gas quickly. If I let it come down with the gear to 2,000 RPM it usually won’t stall. I am going to let my Indi guy take a look at it. That’s beyond my talents.
    When I start the car I notice some black “spray” on the concrete behind the car. A little white smoke that goes away after it warms up. When I give it the gas on the road I don’t see any smoke behind the car. The car runs strong and sounds good other than that. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app