i realized something, most people who cant buy Calis dont like them !!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

i realized something, most people who cant buy Calis dont like them !!!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by johns930, Sep 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What he said.

If the saving grace of the California defense is that it's expensive, that's some pretty thin (and fleeting) logic.

2. RS man

RS man Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    Scotland
    One of the daftest comments I have read on F-Chat. People are entitled to their opinions - if they think the car is ugly, that is their opinion and will be different from others who like the Cali. I cannot afford the F40 but I do not call it ugly!

3. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    um lol! srry but i found this original post funny and entertaining.

4. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    not arguing, because i never met most of the people on the internet. everybody has opinions. just sharing my thoughts.

but encounters with people who bad mouth the cali in my real life who has no car of more or equal value made me share my thoughts here.

for instance, i think my 599 is not as good looking as my 612 and 430s parked next to it. Others might think its whatever, i dont care.
    But i never say to my friends that my 599 is ugly or worst of all, keep going on the web and express my disgust. Im very specific on where the lines of the 599 should be improved. but I just tell them i think my 612 looks better than my 599. Thats it.
    I have them all, i think i can talk some **** if i wanted to, but im not.

Then i see and hear people say such negative things about the cali or 458......, and in my mind, im like : "what u have??"
    Of course every one has opinions, but some of the comments are pretty harsh.
    If you have a F40 in the garage, bad mouth any car in the world all u want and i wont feel anything, but if u have something of less value, and dreaming some day u became a billionaire and u still dont want a cali comments......... wtf???!!
    This is not a "what if" contest, having the cash to buy ferraris is very real.

U do not say meghan fox is ugly when ur wife is rosie o'donald.
    But if u want to push it, you can say fox is **** when ur wife is martha stewart who gave u half of her fortune........
    does that make sense??

anyway, im just bored and sharing my deep and shallow thoughts.........

5. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Thanks for the translation. I couldn't make any sense of the original post at all.

6. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    yes, thats my observation, not to be confused with generalization.
    read the post carefully if ur bored.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amenasce
    He is saying that people who cant afford a California dont like it because they cant afford it. Not because they find it ugly/heavy/insert whatever you dont like about the Cali.

7. ferrari_envy

ferrari_envy Karting

Sep 5, 2009
    #32 ferrari_envy, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
    I don't agree with the OP's assessment. I don't like the California because I don't think it looks good and not because I can afford it or not. If I could afford it, I would still buy another model.

I know it's a great car because it is made by Ferrari but I think that particular model is targeted towards first time buyers. It's kind of like when the Gallardo was released to the public.

In my opinion, the California is like what the SLK is to the SL500/600. Once you buy a California and I believe you will fall in love with one, you may purchase another Ferrari. It is the gateway drug for new owners to purchase more in cars in the future and this is what Ferrari intended with this release.

You assessment is very shallow but one could also say that you couldn't afford a more expensive or faster F-car so you bought a Cali...see where these assessments can lead to.

8. Sareve

Sareve F1 Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Singapore/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    So you're saying that you're not entitled to an opinion unless you're rich? What a load of crap!

9. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    who cares what u like or not like, who cares what i like???
    who cares what u can afford??? or i have??

do u have something of equal or more value??

is that something the most beautiful thing ever made??

or are u still waiting for the most incredible design that has yet to come out?? ...... meaning u dont have the money and still on the sidelines....

bench racing is old, bench car choosing is ancient.

its like saying a hottie in the room is ugly when ur wife look like a$$.
    this is the oldest **** in the book.

i wish we can look at what we have and then start bad mouthing others.
    and thats the meaning of my original post.

10. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    please read the 1st line of that post sir.
    and do i refer to anyone's opinion here anywhere : "a load of crap!"

thank u very much.

11. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005

12. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I can afford an anchovy pizza. But I´m not going to buy one as I don´t like anchovies.

13. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    So do I.
    I hate anchovies...

14. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    "do u have something of equal or more value??"

Yes.

"is that something the most beautiful thing ever made??"

I think so and I still think The California is Butt Ugly.

15. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    johns930 there is a single 'exquisite' pile of dog crap for sale for $500k ..... I know you are interested in it, because the price and the name 'exquisite' is clearly indicative of how great it is. Don't let dissenters talk you out of it, simply because they think it is ugly and smelly. The real reason they say bad things about the pile, is because they cannot afford it.

16. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    this is exactly the negativity i like to stop。
    i failed. back to ur hate programming.

17. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    If you want a california ......... buy one ...... :)

18. sailquik

sailquik Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    In a temperate zone
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    I'd love to see pictures of your 599, 612 and 430! I'm curious about the colors and options you chose, plus seeing a picture of the three together would be cool in a family portrait sort of way!

19. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #44 JoeZaff, Sep 16, 2009
    Apparently there is a direct correlation between wealth and taste. I am sure Donald Trump will be happy to hear this.

What precisely is the going rate for having an opinion? How much do you have to put down?

For example, let's say I want to call the California ugly, but can only afford to buy it on credit? Can I still share my opinion? What about 20% down?

What about non-monetary items, do I have to be married to share my opinion on the relative attractiveness of a married woman? If so, once married, does the ability to share ones opinion survive the death of your spouse? Also, do I have to display a photo of my wife and have her attractiveness confirmed by an independent third party before I share my opinion or must I bring her in person to have her evaluated.

Sorry for the nubie questions, I am just trying to get a lay of the land here. ;)

OP-Your statements are unsophisticated and arrogant, because I have friends who are sophisticated and humble, I feel comfortable sharing my opinion. ;)

20. Sareve

Sareve F1 Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Singapore/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Your excellent sense of humour hereby qualifies you to voice your opinion on any jokes I might make in the future.

21. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    to the 599 section

22. ferrari_envy

ferrari_envy Karting

Sep 5, 2009

Enjoy the car buddy.

23. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    If you claim that your wife is good in a sack you have to provide a statement from at least 3 chat members or 1 moderator confirming your statement through their own experience.

24. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    OK. Got it!

BTW, I am excited to report that we got a collection together at work and, thankfully, it looks like I (we) will be able to have an opinion on the California by sometime next week.

I am anticipating a wholesale shift in opinion among my employees and I once Jimmy from the mail room raids his piggy bank. I feel like we are only about $5.00 short of really loving this car, so I am looking forward to seeing what happens.

I will keep you posted.

BTW, I am staying mum on the wife thing...I want to keep her all to myself ;)

25. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

#50 Kds, Sep 16, 2009
    Johns930.....

I, and many others here who dislike it, could buy a California, but we all think it is fugly...........so you are quite incorrect...........money has nothing to do with it.