i realized something, most people who cant buy Calis dont like them !!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

i realized something, most people who cant buy Calis dont like them !!!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by johns930, Sep 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    If someone likes something enough they're going to buy it. If they don't like it, they won't.

2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    I was hesitant about the California but after you drive it, it is a lot of fun. The weight of the car is very well matched by the gear box and power supplied to the rear wheels. It's a lot of fun and you should really drive it over a long weekend before finding negative things about the design or power.

3. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    What a SILLY discussion. Can't believe it's gone on this many pages...

4. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    I cannot believe you posted, making the thread longer..

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I can't afford an Enzo. But i think it's one of the most beautiful Ferraris ever. Does this mean i can't like it if i can't afford it? Nonsense.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #56 TheMayor, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
    I think they mean the opposite. The ones complaining the most about it would never buy it anyway. So, if you're never going to buy it, is it correct to slam it in the face of someone who is? It's easy to criticize something that has no value or meaning to you.

It's a fair question, but pointless. You can't buy every car in the universe so is it correct to criticize only the ones you own or intend to buy? That to me is total nonsense.

7. vaqas0

vaqas0 Karting

Jan 4, 2009
    What the hell.... All rubbish....
    Ferrari sells more key chains ,caps ,T-Shirts,watches ,laptops etc than their cars .... and people buy them because they love their cars not their key chains or caps ... but most of them cant afford a ferrari in their entire life .... so we cant love or hate the things we can afford .... if people find it ugly ....then its ugly ...no matter they can afford it or not ....

8. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Indeed.

I imagine that this illiterate, illogical, and all-but-incomprehensible gibberish was written by someone who is not even old enough to own any car at all.

9. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    +1

Art

10. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    With all due respect John this thread is truly painful to read. I must admit I didnt read the whole thing (With good reason).

You got one fact right, I cannot afford one. But even if I did I wouldnt buy a Cali. I respect those who like/own them just as I like things they may not.

11. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    Honestly, who cares if this or that F-chat member approves or disapproves of the car? Or can afford it but will not buy it anyway? How many other cars can be afforded by anyone but will go unbought, too? The point?

Is it the sense of authority and relevance that the bashing brings that gives the negative poster the big rise?

12. ace_pilot

ace_pilot Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    George
    Painful is correct. I like to see the photos of the OP's car as well. I could stereotype OP but I won't. Let's just say that I can imagine a lot of "BLING" on the OP's car.

Ace

13. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    We are being too harsh on the OP. It's clear that English is not his first language.

14. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    funny as i go thru the posts, i see so much hate that i originally wanted to stop. i see it actually got worse.

everybody have opinions and i posted this earlier if u care :

i wish we can look at what we have first and then start bad mouthing others.
    and thats the meaning of my original post.

15. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    John,
    That is just as obnoxious as your original post.

Basically, you are saying, how dare you insult my gold toilet bowl, when you can only afford a porcelain one.

We get it.

16. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Seriously. What's his problem.

We should rename this thread to the "My car is very expensive and you can't have one" thread.

If you guys keep throwing sand, I'm going to have to tell the teacher. Sorry.

17. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Who is this OP, anyway?

I've suspected all along that he's a semi-literate middle school dropout who doesn't even have a car.

Honestly. . . "You can't criticize it if you can't afford it." Really?

I doubt that the OP has the money to buy anything, and he's laughing like crazy that his nonsensical post has gotten so much play.

He still hasn't responded to the requests that he post some pictures of his (alleged) stable of newer, high-end Ferraris. I suspect that he doesn't really have any, except, perhaps, Hot Wheels.

18. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    like i said earlier, to the 599/612/430 section.

what is with these personal attacks? when none coming from me, the OP??

19. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    more name calling here.... why?
    do i say that to anyone here?

20. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    here, again....
    why the defensive when none coming from me.

sorry, im bored today so thought i respond to some of the negativity.

21. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    my posts have no personal attacks against anyone, but i received a lot.
    i tried to stop the negativity but i failed.
    again back to ur normal programming.

22. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    i didn't get anywhere, i wish we all are lovely and happy people that arent so negative when it comes to the Cali, but i failed.

23. Sareve

Sareve F1 Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Singapore/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Well if it's any consolation, I actually quite like the Cali, but do you honestly think it looks better than the 458? Given a choice, wouldn't you rather take the 458? It's all about relativity. Sure the Cali's better than its nearest rival, the SL, but then if you were going to get a Ferrari, there are better ones out there.

24. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #74 JoeZaff, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    John,
    I don't know you well enough to have come to any opinion as to your character, but I find your comments to be, at best, naive, and at worst elitist. The very notion that somehow only the wealthy possess the tools to comment on nice things--the foundation of your post--- is offensive. If you cannot understand that after four pages of criticism, go back to doing what you are doing, because I rather you be out there making money then giving social commentary.

Put simply, you draw a connection between wealth and taste, which doesn't exist. If it did, there wouldn't be lambos ;) (I know, I know, cheap shot, but hey, I couldn't resist!)

25. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Exactly.

It doesn't matter whether I can or cannot afford a California. I just don't want one.

I think that there are plenty of people who could afford a California but choose not to buy one.

The idea that the only people who don't like it are those who can't afford it - or that everyone who has the wherewithal would simply buy it because they can - is simply silly.

OP, are you saying that you own all those Ferraris that you claim to simply "because you can?" With all due respect, that's a pi$$-poor reason for buying anything, especially a Ferrari.