I really have the best friend in the world!!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

I really have the best friend in the world!!!

Discussion in '206/246' started by dm_n_stuff, Jan 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

We may be too late to save this vintage correct Hula doll from a bidding war. I had hoped to keep it a secret, and snipe it at the last second, but damn if Nunzio hasn't found it.

here's the link...

item # 190071103655

I hope this one doesn't go through the roof. First books, then tools, now freakin' hula dolls, is there nothing sacred anymore? Is everything subject to the price inflation that is running rampant in Vintage Ferrari Land?

The auction has 2 days to run. Better get your bids in early, and you'd better aim high or Nunzio may steal away with this one!!!

DM

2. nunzio828

nunzio828 Karting
    Honorary

Jun 11, 2004
    Full Name:
    mikey

big mouth

tattle tale

as said in the bible i mean goodfellows well same thing
    "you know i think you might crack under pressure"

3. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oh great...

I think I just shot myself in the foot on this one. :(

Just what I wanted, a guy named nunzio calling me a "rat". It's a good thing my wife is an ex Fed. She still has friends who can relocate the family while I ride this storm out.

DM

4. ferrari dino

ferrari dino Karting

Feb 16, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    John Kennedy
    I just happened to notice that Nunzio won a bid on a pouch with the warranty card 07010. Isn't that the serial number of the Dino wspeer got for a present recently?

5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

It is indeed.

6. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Dave,
    As it now appears that there are a few that have their closets full of books and pouches, is someone holding a set with 08496 on them? I am missing books, pouch and tools and recieved only a calander from Tom for Christmas.

Nunzio,
    The Ebay doll, while a true find for a GTE that was never intended for a true race car as yours and would produce problems with 0677. When properly mounted in the correct location her weight is already biased to her left. To compensate you would have to fab. one longer sway bar link and preload the bar. No good. Let one question ring in your head through out all this.
    "Got COCONUTS?"
    Any word from Tom? I saw Niki on the phone with him twice in the last couple of days wispering about something to do with Cavillino and the doll. What are the two planning? Too close to the event date for an online auction. Tom knows there is only one proper place for that doll, and with the judges pre-warned, well, its anyone guess. Where are all the pro's now? NNO, Marcel........ Has Tom bought their silence? The plot thickens!

Dave

7. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dunno, but I can give you a number to call as it appears I might know a guy who may know someone who knows some people who might know a person who can help us with this particular car's original books and tools.

And at least you got a calendar from Tom. All I got was a two word email, and it didn't say "Merry Christmas" :D

Dave

8. nunzio828

nunzio828 Karting
    Honorary

Jun 11, 2004
    Full Name:
    mikey
    dave helms you liar .I see you have also bid on the doll. you are in collusion with tom that p.o.s.
    that is why he wont return any calls.
    that is why you are misleading everyone that it is just a gte hula doll because you know the real truth.
    this ebay barn find hula doll supersedes the devin /ferrari barn find by a quantum value as I now know its the one with the proper yet slightly out of kilter vin number stamping for 0677 .obviously gendebien saved the wrapping as only he had the foresight to know its true future value . he certainly was a true champion.. well let me tell you something young man I will not let either of you win that doll for profiteering .it will be won and put in its proper location for hip deflection angle as it was when it won the mille miglia et al. it will be reunited with the car as it should be . consider this a formal warning .nunzio

9. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Well, at least I'm not alone now.

Hey Dave, is that insurance policy paid up?

And more importantly, can I send you a quick application for some more? I've already filled in the beneficiary part. :D

Dave (hiding somewhere) M.

10. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i think to truely appreciate this battle, you must click on the ebay link and vie wthe bid history.

11. ferrari dino

ferrari dino Karting

Feb 16, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    John Kennedy
  12. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    I do not understand. I am preparing a 166SC for Cavallino with a period accessory. I believe it goes with my car. What is going on!!!

13. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

That Hula Doll will be my beyotch. Mark my word.

14. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Man are you out of your league. I'd double lock your doors, triple check the alarms on the warehouse at work and change your name.

The bidders on that item play for keeps.

Besides, what VINTAGE Ferrari are you planning on using this for???

Dave (You can't find me) M.

15. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

I'm going to let Luca play with it. He'll slobber on it, tear the hair out, stomp on it, poop near it, and generally destroy it --- so nobody else can possibly achieve a 100-point Pebble victory.

Either that, or I'll proudly mount it in my 1993 Saturn SL1. Werd.

16. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Uh Oh...

Just some friendly advice.

Take about 100 of those expensive wheel bolts you sell, and jam them someplace dark. That pain will be nothing compared to the world of hurt you're askin' for here.

Dave (I'm not there anymore either) M

17. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms

Read Toms post. When was the last time you read a post that Tom made and got the "I'm innocent, what are you all talking about?" feeling?
    I am being setup by the "Buzz Saw King" to take the fall while he is planning on wisking away the jewel right from under your nose.
    Atomic-Candy (Ebay seller and a TS alias, sounds like him doesnt it?) has hung out a counterfit doll simply to take the focus off of the 166 mounted doll. As can be seen by the ebay auction site, he has been working this cover since 97 just to set this up.
    I highly suspect he has recruited from within my organization and has had Niki hack into my ebay account and post the bid. Clever fellow that Tom.
    My CA spies told me that the doll was not present on the car when it was loaded today but Tom was seen carrying a brief case locked to his wrist.
    Read between the lines man, open your eyes before its too late!
    The coconut bra fibers and texture will prove my innocence, that is if you can pry the doll from Toms wrist to have the Cavillino judges inspect it.

Dave (running while I write this) Helms

18. nunzio828

nunzio828 Karting
    Honorary

Jun 11, 2004
    Full Name:
    mikey

my god dave the mans cunning far exceeds all my presumptions .
    yes clearly you are correct ,unbelievable since 1997 .that is unfathomable. so now i see he was just lying in wait for the devin too with full foresight of its secret location for decades . the man is clearly a brilliant mastermind in sheeps clothing .
    i will see if i am even capable of elevating my game to this astonishing height . i see i must obtain the rightful hula doll at all costs .
    he has to sleep sometimes . handcuffed to his wrist you say. as i recall god did invent cordless sawzalls didnt he . nunzio

19. dgrperformance

dgrperformance Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2005
    Oceanside, CA
    Your right Dave we would never let such a irreplaceable item travel with the car. It will be transported separately under armed guard and in absolute secrecy as to it's route, we have given it code name H.U.L.A. and all further details are closely guarded secret known only to Mr. Shaughnessy and a select few. To my knowledge there will be no fewer than 6 counterfeit dolls transported under similar circumstances to throw all perspective thieves off the trail of the real doll. I have personally overseen the removal of the item from it's original packaging and placement on the vehicle, I have also personally inspected the stampings on the dolls base and can verify their authenticity. Beware of those fake e-bay auctions, I can only assume it is some pimple faced kid trying to cash in the HULA doll bubble.

Zac

20. nunzio828

nunzio828 Karting
    Honorary

Jun 11, 2004
    Full Name:
    mikey

you bastards !!!!!!!
    i will not rest until this wrong is righted
    nunzio

21. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    "the man is clearly a brilliant mastermind in sheeps clothing "

I read truth in that statement many ways..........

Dave

22. POSracing

POSracing Rookie

May 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    POSracing
    Hey guys,
    I just want to tell you that dad is really mad! I've never seen him like this...it is as though he is possessed. I just wanted to warn you because, well let me put it this way, dad thinks Goodfellas was a Walt Disney movie. He thought Saw 1 and 2 were comedies and he laughed a lot. Be afraid be very afraid!

23. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

By 8:30 tonight we'll know where this item will end up. The race is on. I wonder if the current owner knows what he has, or if he's an unsuspecting noob who will be fleeced of his item at 10% of its value or less, as some folks have been in the past.

I just wanted you all to know that I'm pissed that I revealed the auction in the first place. IF I HAD JUST KEPT MY MOUTH CLOSED I might have been able to afford this once in a lifetime ebay item. Now, it's clearly going to end up out of my reach.

What's even more firghtening is the frenzy involved. If I was Tom, (which thankfully I'm not) I'd hire some beefy private security types to watch my car at Cavallino 24/7. The safety of the original Hula Doll he has is cleary in danger.

On the upside, anyone who owns a pontoon fender 250 Testa Rossa or 250GTO and was worried that his car might get some undue attention there is in the clear. Tool rolls and manuals can now be left laying about on the concours field as the attention drawn by "Hula Mania" will clearly provide the only potential risk of theft.

And finally, let's all face it. There's only one player here with the financial power to acquire this item, and WE ALL KNOW who that is. At least it appears it will end up in the hands of a caretaker, and not a profiteer!!!

DM

24. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Excellent summation Dave.

I still propose that Atomic-Candy is Tom working under an alias just to pull in another load of unsuspecting buyers and take the focus off of him.
    If he has put the effort forward to set up this Ebay sale since 97 how many other "twists and turns" will we see surface, and when? How deep has his "Mole" activity infiltrated the concours and Ferrari ranks? Is Rob, REALLY Rob? Who is Niki really, and now this Zac guy? Where does it end?
    Will the Cavillino judges simply overlook the lack of a coconut bra on the questionable Ebay doll?
    I was hoping this was a localized problem but I suspect it has gone to a national level now as some impostor wants it for a Saturn! A Saturn Nunzio, a Saturn!
    "I do not understand, what are you all talking about?" Pure rubbish!

Dave

25. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Quiet down, out there in the peanut gallery.