I should have stayed in Brasil! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

I should have stayed in Brasil!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by darth550, Mar 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    All I can do is try!

DL

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Grazie Darth, may the thong be with you!!

3. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
  4. mfennell70

mfennell70 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Middletown, NJ
    Wow, dude. You just miss the point time and time again. Managing your income is a little trickier when you don't know when it's coming and how much it's going to be, wouldn't you say?

SRT risked everything and is succeeding. I'm sure he was paying his bills just fine and could have sat around working for someone for the rest of his life, complaining the whole time about not getting the breaks...

5. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Isn't that what those Enron guys thought?. I can hear them now: "Hey, it's tough to juggle the books and swindle all this money when we don't know when it's coming and how much it's going to be. So I guess we better raid the retirement funds of those working class slobs and use THEIR money to OUR advantage."

6. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Meanwhile these same people don't know what it's like to go home and spend a weekend cleaning out your garage of "stuff" to find things to sell so you can pay your electric bill thats already past due.

Mike- being a buisness owner (Founded and funded with my own money, sweat, blood and tears from the get-go.) I can relate.

Some of us sit back and ***** about life passing us by. Some of us get off our butts and LIVE with courage, love, and reverence!

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC

WOW! What a Bad-a$$ quote!

Rock on!!

DL

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Not only that, he tied in two of the best parts of this thread, courage and butts.

9. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Artherd ROCKS!!!!

10. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Thanks guys, I thought I was being a little preachy, but I guess somebody touched a nerve. You're not such a bad bunch yourself :p

ryalex- and in the end, that's really what's important in life :)

11. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003

Can you back this up? any proof?

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    He still doesn't suspect me of a thing.

13. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Coupla things I didn't see:

Need more thongs.
    Brief 1995 Article that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface, but hey - it's by the late, great Douglas Adams. His QDOS comment is true.
    Need more thongs.
    Bill Gates rakes $180,349.57 an hour
    Need more thongs.
    Humor - Impressive Statistics
    Need more thongs.

The "article" is the tip of the iceberg. Seattle Computer Company? Whole 'nother bit of history. The Altair program that got them going? Code was cobbled together from bits and pieces of Altair's Employee's trash. That formed the foundation for QDOS. QDOS became MSDOS. MSDOS reaked havoc and reeks. To this day, MSDOS and IE suck. Why? Bad, discarded-by-others Code. The man who really put things together? You wouldn't want to be as broke as him. Excel? Microsoft? Ha! Incidentally, MS gets paid some coin for every PC shipped, even Apple Machines, because of contractural stipulations. Bottom line when it comes to Bill and Cronies - they swindled and cut a lot of people out of the picture and the profit pie to get where they are.

Arlie's best "argument" is the fact that thieves at Enron, etc. will serve a little time & go back to living large but those whose money was taken will not get it back. They'll have to dig themselves out from the level they were reduced to. That is not fair.

Really nice yacht, though we need more thongs.