I think I was ripped off for $4,000. Can you guys help me? | Page 15 | FerrariChat

I think I was ripped off for $4,000. Can you guys help me?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Eric C, Feb 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    If 'Alberto' really does,as he says, have a job in the UK ,his employers would not be too happy if he is involved in some kind of police/court action.So i guess he realizes that he has to sort it out,albeit bit by bit.

2. davidoloan

davidoloan Formula Junior

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    I hadn’t picked that up from “Alberto’s” emails. In fact there is remarkably little info about him on google. Unless he is in “Entertainment” (LinkedIn), then the only bit of info I found was his name in the electoral role. Strange for someone selling expensive books, and well before he “needed money for a holiday”, selling expensive GP tickets etc.

3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    It was in one of his replies saying that he would of course be going back to UK from Italy ,as he lives and works in London,buy hey who knows ...this saga has more twists and turns than the Nurburgring.

Eric should be applauded for detailing this affair ,which serves as a timely warning to watch out for this kind of stuff.

4. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The 1000 cleared my bank today. He's asking for me to exclude Sid from further correspondence. Not gonna happen.

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well that's a good sign, but stay on his ass so he doesn't think you'll go away now.

paulchua likes this.
  6. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    25% paid...

Well the good news is at least he views your situation as just another creditor.

Of course the bad news is he’s treating you like just another creditor.

paulchua and nietoale1 like this.
  7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It’s a start, it establishes he owes the money, so that’s helpful when dealing with the cops because he can’t argue he doesn’t owe Eric anything anymore, and not many fraudsters pay anything, so $1000, it’s something. The pressure is still on this tool, and I think the rest will come. It might be that it really hots up when the cops ask to speak to his girlfriend as a potential accomplice, that really irks him

f355spider, paulchua and G. Pepper like this.
  8. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    He deserves to be irked.

paulchua likes this.
  9. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Well, 25% good news

paulchua likes this.
  10. RussoJ

RussoJ Rookie

Apr 17, 2015
    Northern CA
    Meanwhile....in the basement of an unmarked flat in the outskirts of London...

[​IMG]

Seriously, I hope the rest is on the way shortly!

Russ

11. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Any further updates Eric?

paulchua likes this.
  12. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  13. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Ugh. The only silver lining I see is that this tool's reputation has been destroyed. Keep the pressure on.

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Sid is a great guy:cool:

15. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    It's like waiting for the status bar on an old Windows floppy disk install. Now at 50%! Insert disk 4!

16. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ha! Isn't that the truth! I guess persistence pays off! Well, so far!

He doesn't really have a choice though. He ass is nailed to the wall.

I'm still not sure if his intentions were to rip me off or if he's just a irresponsible prick?

17. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I think he was just trying to see if he could get away with it. Doesn't seem like a dedicated scammer.

18. RussoJ

RussoJ Rookie

Apr 17, 2015
    Northern CA
    Halfway to the goal!!!

[​IMG]

paulchua likes this.
  19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I agree, definitely an amateur.

G. Pepper likes this.
  20. re55@comcast.net

Dec 10, 2005
    Franklin Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Rick English
    I too have had a bad experience with Opus and gave them $2000 back in 2016 at Ameilia Island for the Ferrari book(only 500 produced and I was promised #50) Karl Fowler who never sent the book or asked for final payment, after over 50 emails and one response from this guy in London I gave up. WARNING TO ALL STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE SELLING OPUS BOOKS PERIOD!!!!!!

21. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I received a receipt for the 2nd $1000 refund.

22. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    You are now officially 50% less pissed off Eric! I hope you get to 0% before you get your first pension :D

paulchua likes this.
  23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    We are certainly getting there, and i think it’s better to get the money in slowly than have the guy get away with it, I’d like to think that now he’s started paying he’s committed to paying the full wad back, even for an amateur fraudster or financial dipstick, that’s a result for us I think! In the meantime, we should all note, while the UK police have action fraud as a dedicated hotline and fraud service, they only seem to like collating data at first. Since we reported it in, and I make regular contact with them and his local police station to let them know what’s happening, they just keep asking me to find out this, find out that. Their answer is that they just want to turn up on his door and nick him, not go back and forth a few times, but when I told them he was leaving the country and we were concerned he might not return, they said not to worry, we have an extradition agreement in Europe, we can always get him. I pointed out that in Italy you can buy identity for a few hundred euros and be anywhere in the world 24 hours later, but they really weren’t fazed.

The good thing with their involvement is though that by asking so many questions, I’m passing those onto the guy himself and it’s applied more pressure than I expected, especially the questions about his girlfriend when he told us she had sent his opus elsewhere and didn’t seem interested in trying to get it back. We all remember his bravado before where he wasn’t concerned, the cops will just make him pay in instalments of $1 a month or whatever, that soon changed when he realised Eric wasn’t bluffing and his own emails pretty much detailed a fraud in his own admission

24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Great job Sid, you are my hero and a true credit to the community. Fingers crossed for the last 50%.