I think I was ripped off for $4,000. Can you guys help me?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Eric C, Feb 26, 2018.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Absolutely, come after an fchatter..... fchatters come after you big time!

BMW.SauberF1Team and nietoale1 like this.
  2. Smiles

Smiles Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    That's just amazing!

Matt

daytona355 likes this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ain’t it just....... I’m so pleased. When it first started, I offered my help and at the back of your mind, you are hoping you don’t make a fool of yourself and get nothing back for our man.... for once, it worked out. Eric has been really patient though, it can’t have been easy sitting there waiting on bank transfers for such an amount, but I think had we not persevered, this criminal would’ve walked away $4000 up and laughing. I think as it is, he walks way with his tail between his legs, police record that's going to be very slow to be shut down, and the knowledge that now he’s paid back, if he refers to some of my emails, he might feel a little less than comfortable for a while yet. Italians and Sicilians know how long we can hold grudges!

4. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2015
    I have been lurking and following this thread since the beginning, congrats Eric on getting your money back and awesome help from Sid! one of the best threads I've seen on any online forum haha.

Formula Uno and daytona355 like this.
  5. stavura

stavura Karting

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K

Many many congratulations Eric!

And Sid, you da maan, as our friend elton would say :)

Formula Uno and daytona355 like this.
  6. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    What an adventure this thread has been! Congratulations to Eric and Sid. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

daytona355 and Eric C like this.
  7. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  8. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Been watching this thread from the beginning and am pleased that Eric got his money back and Sid's help in this was outstanding! Congrats guys.

daytona355 likes this.
  9. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have to say just incredible. Sid you are really a super person. Some here may know I am a retired Police officer and when I first saw this thread, I would have bet $10,000 that Eric's money was gone. It is fantastic Eric received his money back and You Sid are super guy. If you ever need anything I could help with I would and If you ever come to the US you have a free place to stay in Tennessee anytime. :)

PS Eric congratulations on your returned money. It is so great when a good guy wins in the end. :)

308 milano, Formula Uno, NEP and 4 others like this.
  10. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Does "Time Bomb" have a current passport? Asking for a friend. <cough, cough>

daytona355 likes this.
  11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hehehe, you don’t want him to visit do you? He’ll eat you out of house and home

the_stig likes this.
  12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Thank you very very much.... many in the f1 forum would argue with you though hehe

If I ever am lucky enough to get to Tennessee I’ll take you up on that! Thank you again

stavura likes this.
  13. Themaven

Themaven Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    London
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Fantastic news!

Great to see a cheating scumbag brought to ground.

Sid, it would be an honour to hear (though what goes in Vegas, stays in Vegas..?)

14. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  15. daytona355

daytona355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    There’s a fair bit to tell, if you do want to hear a few things, and you think it might be useful, I’m happy to share in private mostly!, although there’s a fair number of anecdotes I could start a whole sub forum with!

AshAP likes this.
  16. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 21, 2009
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    M. Groenen
    I say: 1 Vote making Sid 'honorary member' of this board!

This worked out just great! Happy to read this outcome!

17. geno355

geno355 Karting

Jul 5, 2007
    Winchester, KY
    Full Name:
    Geno Kearney
    Wow. Just Wow. Never thought it would happen. Great effort by the tifosi. Well done. Best thread ever. Kind of sad it will end.

Geno.

18. daytona355

daytona355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hey, if you have a problem, if no one else can help, maybe you can hire - the Sidney! Daaaa day da, da da da

19. Ron328

Ron328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron

Ok, Sid. I may need help. I have a thing for this woman...but she is married. You think you can do something to the husband? ;) :D

Seriously, you should be the FChat "Man of the Year." You deserve all the accolades from the Ferrari community for this unparalleled act.

krazykarguy, Eric C and daytona355 like this.
  20. daytona355

daytona355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’d need a little information..... and a whole lotta cash! Hehe. Is he a good swimmer, and does he like sharks?

Ron328 likes this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 Veteran

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Hahahah, just hope she isn't a blonde or sid might runaway with her!

Ron328 and daytona355 like this.
  22. daytona355

daytona355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    That just made me think of something that happened a fair time ago, but it’s funny, outrageous too, and I know you guys like a good romp!

I once had a girlfriend that managed to last a few years, but when she wanted to get married, I wasn’t quite as keen, so to punish me, she started an affair. For me, it was a case of pick up your stuff and move, I’m not the most emotionally invested person in the world about such things, but the guy she was cheating with was a personal trainer at a gym.

I start to hear from friends that this guy, who is supposedly a big tough rugby playing fitness fanatic, is telling anyone that will listen that I let her go cos I was scared of him, and he was going to give me a bloody good hiding if he ever met me, he isn’t scared of me in any way at all.

Now I will point out at this stage, I’m not a nasty piece of work, I’m a normal working man, but with a Sicilian family in my past, I do live by certain rules, and carry myself certain ways. I won’t let people walk over me, and if they are looking for a problem, I won’t back down and be nice about it. I heard the stories, and felt that his continued bravado was making me look bad, and for no good reason, and that in the meantime, he was getting the benefit of respect from people that suddenly thought no nonsense me was frightened so he must be a serious guy, and he was using it to back up his sideline in steroids and the odd coke deal.

Myself and timebomb visited him at his gym one night, he’d been trying to change shifts at the last minute so I couldn’t plan to meet him, but the receptionist liked a drink, and made sure to tell me the changed shifts. Timebomb watched the door, and let’s just say that the big tough man was terribly scared, so much so that as I asked him politely to never mention my name again, and suggested it might be in his interests to move (pretending of course to be the nasty, stereotypical Sicilian) he embarrassingly wet himself. Didn’t need to touch him, didn’t need to raise my voice, and timebomb learnt you don’t have to go postal every time! There is a little more to the visit, but I don’t want to put that bit in writing.

Next Day, gym bunny left his rented room and moved to a new gym in wales somewhere, according to the receptionist. My ex wasn’t entirely chuffed, but we are best friends again now (drove her to her wedding in the ferrari, see a previous thread), so alls well that ends well!

23. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc
    Sounds like a happy ending and one I probably would not have expected. Congratulations (though that's wrong really because you got back what was rightfully yours) Eric and well done Sid.

daytona355 likes this.
  24. klointheridge

klointheridge Karting

Jun 5, 2017
    Westchester Cty, NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Long
    I was just about to offer you room if you ever come to NY... kidding. Our Sicilian heritage would be good fodder for chat.

This thread is evidence of the incredible community we have here and the tenacity of one Sicilian Sid and the OP who felt comfortable enough to ask for help.

Best thread I’ve read here.

Eric C, Formula Uno and daytona355 like this.
  25. daytona355

daytona355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ahhh, someone from the old country, I’d imagine you have quite a few interesting tales to tell too. The land produces us slightly different over there I think, the family I met that are still in Lercara and Palermo have some funny ways!

klointheridge likes this.
  26. Eric C

Eric C F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Classified Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yeah. Sid is proof that there are still good people out there.

27. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Nominated for Best Thread of 2018! I love a good mystery/crime story and this had it all.
    Sid, as a fellow Sicilian (1/2) you make me proud. My family has some dubious characters of which we do not speak. While I would never approve of their tactics, there was a reason for the rise of La Cosa Nostra in the US.
    Very entertaining all through the 20 pages. Congrats guys on pursuing this, getting the money back and generating a huge following from this most interesting thread. Grazie mille!