I think you were bidding on the 575 6spd on BAT today? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I think you were bidding on the 575 6spd on BAT today?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by hankcinq, Apr 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    O and there’s a phone number too if any of my friends wanna call his friends. I’m out this is all too weird to me if any of you want this car there is a phone number I can give you from the email and you can deal with this and get an $80k 575

2. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

May I ask my friend to call his friend and we can also become friends outside of Ferrari Chat. You may also like my friends and become friends with them.

3. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Might be a conversation for another thread, but this came up in the Pur Sang thread. Looks like there is some chandelier bidding going on on BaT. Would have hoped that that site would be better than that.

4. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Suuuuper shady. The buyer apparntly can't take the car because his wife isn't ok with it, but she is ok with him just blowing $15k and getting nothing for it? Not likely. Only way I'd go near this is if you can see the car and the title in person before you part with any money. Even then I'd be worried.

nicholasn, blvckintl, tritone and 2 others like this.
  5. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    weirder, the guy who posted in this thread, however he even found me, he gave me a link to his website and asked me to look him up, he looks legit, he's the partner at a real estate fund in san fran. He isn't some nigerian prince or anything

this whole thing is over my paygrade at this point, cool car I bid $90k was hoping to see the car locally and wire the money, now its $10k less and its a zoo, if any of you want to take my place, i will give you the guys phone number, website it has his bio and all the other people who work there, doesn't seem scammy although this whole thing does, whatever, entertaining but weird situation, i just can't do it, sorry

6. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I guess you can’t see the car in Miami because they have to ship it California to service it before they can sell it to you in Miami. Makes perfect sense.

7. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I wonder if he’s just pretending to be that person. Does his phone number match the contact info on the website? Can you independently verify the real estate fund even exists? Not that you even want to waste time on it at this point but I bet if you dug into it, you’d find the lie somewhere.

8. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    This smells worse than a Wuhan fish market.

Run!

9. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    ya i looked at the site it exists it has lots of employees bios including his, he gave me a phone number, i just at this point have no idea what to believe or not, im really weirded out by it all and not really in the car business so i've never dealt with the run around but if someone is interested, the car i bid $90k on can be had for $80k but you have to

1. contact enrique from this thread, he's partner at RE firm in san fran, i now have his cell phone
    2. enrique's friend will pay $15k to the seller of the 575 that was won for $95k.
    3. You will pay the actual 575 owner $80k
    4. You will receive 575

If you can figure out how to do this all without any headaches or issues by all means i will give you my blessing. His email is posted earlier in here, you can email him and he will reply, after all he posted it in public so im sure he's happy to reply.

Texas Forever likes this.
  10. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Bubble has burst and all of those prices that you are quoting for the R129 are a fantasy. It's not a collectible car, and it's going to be many decades before it can possibly reach that status. Better sell it tomorrow (to a sucker/fool/sheep) before it goes back to 15-18 grand (it's actual value).

The market isn't always right, and it was flipped upside down over the past five years. Those prices are a joke.

11. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    #37 F355 Fan 82, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    dude that r129 is long gone buddy that was posted a long time ago, its in dubai now at tomini classics, thanks for actually reading what was going on....you should tell them they're asking too much at $55k they're only the biggest classic car dealer in dubai, they have a few others up to $70k i see, i suppose they don't know the market or anything.

https://www.tominiclassics.com/featcar/mercedes-benz-sl500-3/

GatorFL likes this.
  12. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I did read it and it sounds shady as hell. Anyway, asking isn't getting. If some sheiks in dubai want to play hot potato with a 15 thousand dollar used mercedes, god bless them. Doesn't mean we have to in America nor does it mean that they're smart guys because they are "the biggest classic car dealer in dubai. I guess they have the "im a financial planner syndrome" that wayne carini has over here :) They only made what, OVER 200,000 R129s???? LMAO!!! What a rare car it is hahahahaha. They don't tend to rust much either unlike the r107. You could probably visit every state in America and find 500 extremely nice examples in garages far and wide in all 50. They're a dime a dozen.

13. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    You sound upset, you should take your anger out at tomini classics not me, I sold the car a long time ago.

14. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Not angry, I'm actually extremely happy that this investment mania has finally come to an end. Just munching some popcorn and watching all of the final bag-holders lose their shirts or run for the exit.

Alot of "sales" happening all of a sudden too. Looks like alot of the current bag-holders don't want to be bag-holders and are running for the exits. And the new ones taking their places are doing so with a smile on their faces. Too funny :)

15. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    hadn't really followed but one sold for $43,500 + 5% the other day on BaT w/same miles here in the good ole USA

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-mercedes-benz-sl500-30/

Can you really be a bagholder with a car? You still get to drive it and look at it.

16. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#42 Bradwilliams, Apr 28, 2020
    Good for him! Bad for the buyer :) Whoever the "buyer" is

Saying "at least I have something I get to drive and look at" and waking up one day and your car has lost 70 percent of its value in 6-12 months are two completely different scenarios. You say that today, but when you actually get to the point where you wake up and smell the coffee with the bad news, it is different. There's always a difference between what humans say they will do versus what they will actually do given a future scenario. That is a classic example.

17. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Have you ever bought a new car? That’s exactly what happens

18. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    If I had $80,000 sitting around I would be all over that 575 6-speed. I would figure out how to make it work.

JMHO

Sorry I am not able these days.

Texas Forever likes this.
  19. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I want the car I just don’t want to get scammed. It’s one thing if I won the actual auction and bat sent me owners info and I went from there, ive done that twice before but now I’m going through a third party and the owner I still haven’t heard from and bat hasn’t replied to me asking them to help. So not sure what can be done really. I’m sure this Enrique guy is a fine guy but it sounds too weird overall for my taste. Think of how this guy found this thread? He saw a car I sold on bat googled the vin found this thread found his 11 year old account with no posts and asked that question last night, that’s quite in depth. He really seems genuine but I just can’t.

20. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Uh, no it certainly does not. Even the highest depreciating new cars you can buy don't depreciate that much in a 6-12 month period.

You're going to get scammed.

21. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    How does it make sense to send the car to CA when it's in FL for service? Wife, health, today are all key words of a bad deal.

root, Bradwilliams and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  22. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    The seller has not interacted with the 575 or the current TR auction since April 21. Silence.

Tin foil hat, but I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 parties here are working some sketchy angle together. Get a sizable deposit out of someone then they all disappear...

Julia, F355 Fan 82 and Bradwilliams like this.
  23. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Have to get a lawyer and do an escrow. At that price it's worth the cost of the lawyer. Lawyer takes title and money. Makes sure everyone is clean.

Rickenbach, carguy246 and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  24. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #50 ralfabco, Apr 28, 2020
    The investment mania ‘game’ played by others should not concern you. The rock trick at the deep end of the pool is not limited, to just cars and boats. Of course cash is king. Everyone is going to have to take a bite out of the same sandwich.