I think you were bidding on the 575 6spd on BAT today? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

I think you were bidding on the 575 6spd on BAT today?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by hankcinq, Apr 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Well it is on a credit card... So services not rendered or misrepresented.

2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Very true. But bring a trailer doesn't have the Midas touch. Plenty of cars flop on there but personallu I think more people are using it to manipulate sales and pricing and markets. Also there is very little recourse. Great place to take advantage of GREEN bidders who think they are knowledgeable... And the seasoned people just take advantage.

Bradwilliams and 19633500GT like this.
  3. Nownow812

Nownow812 Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    SF
    I’ll post once I get the car ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

brogenville, sixcarbs and ringle like this.
  4. munichhero

munichhero Rookie

Apr 15, 2020
    I keep being amazed by the US market for 550/575 Maranello honesty. Somebody help me understand this please….

My latest observation is based on the 20k mile example currently on BAT which at the time of writing this has a bid for $ 110,000. Beautiful car – no disrespect – good luck to bidders and seller.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-ferrari-550-maranello-11/

But….

Add BAT fees, the major for $ 10-12k that it needs, sales tax in respective state (I am going to use 7% just for an example) + shipping etc… and we are close to $ 135,000 all in…. WOW!! And that is with 2 days to go…. Where does this end??

Obviously, the market has spoken, and somebody really wants this car. I do understand supply and demand but how can a 550 trade at such a premium in the US vs. ROW?? I do not know much about the UK but here in Germany, a 550 is simply not the unicorn people make it out to be…and can be had at reasonable price.

Yes, this is a nice car and only has 20k miles but is it worth almost twice as much as my example I bought two years ago with 55k Km (34k miles)? At a time where prices for 550 were supposedly higher than today?

Case in point is a black/black 2000 550 with 2 previous owners, Daytona seats, shields, Xenon, German car (no import from Italy which usually are cheaper), perfectly dealer serviced at Ferrari only. As a matter of fact, previous owner had spent 21K euros on a full service about 2k km before I bought it. 30k miles or 55km at the time, bought for EURO 68,000. Remind you this is all in with the service done, and 19% VAT in Germany!! No added sales tax on the price. The net price for someone exporting would have only been EURO 57,000!!!

Mindboggling to me how there can be such a discrepancy and again my question, is the car in question or any US 550 worth >80% t0 100%+ more than a comparable European car?

What is everyone’s opinion on what the 25-year rule for imports will do to prices in the US for older Ferrari’s as soon as European cars can be brought into the States in a couple of years from now. Remember by 2022, early 550’s can be brought in at a reasonable cost without EPA/DOT conversion.

5. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    ^^^^ BAT is a great place to sell ?

fully valued at current bid to be nice...

NYC Fred likes this.
  6. MaranelloMark

MaranelloMark Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2019
    Bay Area, CA
    As a follow-on question, does that imply they are eligible for registration in CA (CARB rules)? I suspect CA is a big market and that would play into the pricing.

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    So wait, what ended up happening to this car?

Reuvenh, technom3, dsd and 1 other person like this.
  8. ringle

ringle Karting

Dec 4, 2006
    Perhaps "The Fix Was In" on this one. :confused:

9. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Small world, I read through half the thread when I realized I know the actual owner (CD) of the 575 pretty well, story lines up. He did in fact sell his house in Miami and moved to Aspen. He’s been abnormally under the radar since Covid though. The guy has a well known business that does billions in annual revenue so he’s probably not trying to squeeze out every last dime of a random 575 he forgot about.

I’m interested in the car and will be reaching out to him this week, assuming he still has it. If for some reason I pass or the car isn’t available , I’ll update in here.

migo and Texas Forever like this.
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You can flip it and make 50% on your money in a couple of days...no brainer!

11. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Odd, too, that the OP has been a member for >10 years, and his first and only post is to start this thread. And the profile page is empty.

12. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Please do; I’m really curious whatever ended up happening with this car

13. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    There’s a 6 speed 575 on BAT now. Is it the same car?

14. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    Jack-the-lad likes this.
  15. ringle

ringle Karting

Dec 4, 2006
    So what did you find out about the disposition of this car?