News

I voided my warrantee (again)

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by AEHaas, Feb 25, 2004.

1. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    I can now report the results of my 550 mile service on the Murcielago having driven for another hundred or so miles since. I put the spec'd Agip LSA gear lube in the front and rear differential but instead I used the SA, non slip, no limited slip additive gear lube in the gear box. It does shift easier as one would expect since the synchos must slip just a little less.

Instead of the 5W-40 Agip for engine oil I used 0W-30 Mobil 1. Here there was a big difference right off the bat (no pun intended). I had a valve noise that signified a spacer may be a little thin. Of course it is better to be a little thin than a little too thick but there was this noise and I did not like it. The tappet noise nearly disappeared. I would say the engine is near silent, mechanically.

It was not that easy to do this first service. It was a 4/5 wrench project. It will be easier the next time. I do not recommend this service unless you have a lot of auto mechanical experience. Experience is the key word.

aehaas

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Full Name:
    I NEED A JOB
    i love the the car man, sorry to be redundant but WAY TO GO!

4. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com