Identifying an OTO | FerrariChat

Identifying an OTO

Discussion in '612/599' started by Rbtrader, Aug 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rbtrader

Rbtrader Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Rich Becherer
    I know some OTO's have the glass roof. Do they all have a glass roof? Are there any other distinquishing things to look for to determine from photos if a car is an OTO?

I have been talking to someone with a 2007, and he says it is an OTO. I do not think it has a glass roof, and I thought OTO's are 2008 and newer.

Rich

2. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    There should be no 2007 OTO cars.

I believe they started making them mid-2008.

3. MaseratiCorse

MaseratiCorse Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is an OTO?

4. MaseratiCorse

MaseratiCorse Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
  5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    They all have a glass roof, and the manettino on the steering wheel.

The only possible confusion is between an OTO and a Sessanta-- those are pretty similar.

6. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Manettino is the easiest way to tell an OTO. If it has a manettino and is a 2007 car then it's a Sessanta (limited run produced in 2007 with all the improvements then carried over to the OTOs).

7. DP1973

DP1973 Rookie

May 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dhiren
    Bumping this thread...

Does anyone know if its possible that a definite OTO year 612 could not have an elctrochromatic roof and instead have a glass roof? A dealer is telling me this. Is it possible to pull up the specs on the window sticker which the dealer does not have?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think the only way that is possible is if the Electro Chromatic roof was replaced with plain glass. The car should have the dial that adjusts the opaqueness of the roof. In the photo below in the center of the console just behind the red button you see is the dial.

9. DP1973

DP1973 Rookie

May 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dhiren
    Thanks for the reply! Here is a pic with the dial you mentioned.

Any opinions on if this would decrease the value of the car? Better in the long run for maintenance, part availability, and possibly perceived value?

10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Is this a Ferrari dealer? Whoever is telling you that is either ignorant or lying. If the dial isn't functioning then either they don't know how it works or they're trying to fool you.

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    id be shocked if a car has a regular glass roof from the factory. if it has a dial, the car came with electro. if the elctro isnt working, not a big deal as its not something you will use. in 10 yrs ive played with it twice, when the car was new and then maybe another 2 times to reconfirm that changing it back and forth does very little. if you want less light, just have the glass tinted to ur liking. as a front passenger u will never know the roof is glass.

12. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Ferrari will build you pretty much anything for a price, but I highly doubt that is a plain glass roof, and I can't imagine anyone wanting to order one that way.

Are there any special-order steel roof OTOs? That seems more likely, although I've never heard of one.

13. Norcal

Norcal Rookie

Oct 23, 2009
    as a 2 week owner of an oto, i can confirm the comment re electro roof use. first day i wanted to see the differences and tinkered with it. Now ive left it on the most clear. not likely to touch again. i love my "new" oto. if its an oto and you can acquire at a reasonable price to you, you wont regret it. get a PPI !

MRY likes this.
  14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    nice congrats! post some pics!! you will utterly love this car.