If a rookie becomes F1 WDC... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

If a rookie becomes F1 WDC...

Discussion in 'F1' started by stever, Oct 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Absolute nonsense.

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    That is a good question...has a rookie ever won the NASCAR Championship?

3. Lexdiamonnyc

Lexdiamonnyc Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Lex
    but is Nascar a test of speed or a test of how many hits a car can take?.....or how well someone makes left turns??....
    i'm not so sure it's even a race, it's more like high speed bumper cars.......

having said that, the 1 Nascrap race I saw from beginning to end had some awesome crashes!!!!

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Maybe, even though Montoya was considered an above average F1 driver, he sure hasn't got a chance of winning the 2007 NASCAR Championship...and NASCAR does most of its passing on the track whereas F1 does most of its passing in the pits...so which is real racing ?

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    actually, the current engine rega plays a big role here. plus, the current points system favours consistency over winning. i hope they go back to the old one...at least..

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1 not enough of a difference between first and second place.

7. 505T

505T Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Don't hate.....appreciate.

8. misterfong

misterfong Rookie

Mar 5, 2006
    PA
    Full Name:
    Steve Pierson
    I think that the fact that Hamilton has only 1 DNF in his rookie season should say something about his driving skill. Look and watch some of the other drivers in the field and their driving styles. Hamilton is very smooth at the wheel unlike some other drivers (including Alonso) and has also made very few driver errors over the season. He also drives with his head. Many of the passes he makes aren't suicide dive bombs, but clean passes without ever causing a real issue. The only big issue (as far as driving goes) that has brought up controversy is how LH drove behind the safety car.

9. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    I agree LH is very smooth and very smart. Alonso had to change his driving style for the Mclaren, so maybe thats why he is not as smooth. Comparing other drivers isn't completely fair though as a lot of the cars are unbalanced, which require a lot of steering input.