If Jesus drove an F50 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

If Jesus drove an F50

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by msdesignltd, May 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It's funny, i see absolutely no value in it being the first or tested by the press or being the Geneva show car. Now if the car had some cool one off specs like an engineer-spec engine or something like that, yes, that would be cool and worth a premium IMO.

2. redwood

redwood Karting

Apr 30, 2018
    Brisbane and Edinburgh
    hahaha too funny.

3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #28 joe sackey, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Fair enough, but, the market as established by buyers over many years feels differently.

The fact remains that Prototypes, First-of-a-Series cars, Ferrari SpA factory Press cars, and Ferrari SpA Auto Salon/Show cars do bring a premium, and it's worth remembering that this car is a combination of all the aforementioned.

I think that if you personally owned this car and were the seller, you'd want a premium over the value of a standard F50 with no special provenance.

Of course, what the premium should be is up for discussion, but, the fact that an F50 with this one's history commands one is indisputable in the marketplace.

My advice to those who see no value in special factory-affiliated provenance is simple: then buy one with no provenance.

FWIW I have no affiliation with the current owner.

4. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    That one seems awfully over-priced considering the other black US-Spec F50 auctioned last year for $3.135 million w/ 2,000 miles on the odo., and I read many thinking that was on the high side of the market.

He also has a LaFerrari available for sale for $100,000 less than his F50. I didn't think the markets had gotten to the point where the F50 was more valuable than the latest halo car.

5. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    For context a 'regular' Euro spec F50 (classiche red book certified) with 6,600 miles sold in January for 2.4M. There is also a US spec sub 3,000 mile car I know of that is available with a sub 3M ask.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Is replacing the cf tub due to age an issue on f50's?

7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Forget the provenance. No shoes so no deal!

joe sackey likes this.
  8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I had so many Jesus Alou cards it was ridiculous

"I am weak-ish on snatch" ~ joker57676

9. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    The selling dealer always has great cars but the ask prices are always up in the clouds...

10. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Dont get me started about Dealer Greed Attempts! But truth is Asking and Selling are drastically different.

Beautiful and Rare car. Good Luck