If Money was no object, would you build a Mansion in SoCal or NY and why? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

If Money was no object, would you build a Mansion in SoCal or NY and why?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Fat Viking, May 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

If Money was no object, would you build a Mansion in SoCal or NY and why?

1. SoCal

17 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. NY

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. Neither

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. Tired of stupid polls

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    Modelling agencies are situated in Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. I've narrowed it down to these Two locations now, which place is better out of these but flat land obviously?

Zoom in to see:
    https://www.google.com/maps/search/modelling+agencies+in+california/@34.0871055,-118.3953723,12.94z

2. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Neither.

Wyoming or Montana for me

Jedi

Auraraptor, randkin and Fat Viking like this.
  3. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    New York

Money not being an object makes it so that you can create your own oasis

There is so much to do and so much variety that California just does not offer. Plus I just feel like New York has so much more history than California ever will.

not saying that California is bad, just that New York has a little something for everyone so if you get bored with “ A” you have B,C,D,E,F,G.....to fall back on.

I do however feel that since money is not an object that helicopter travel would become a daily thing.

Not to mention, you can fly “ anything” in that you need, since money is no object and all...

A

Fat Viking likes this.
  4. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    Do you get (Miami) Sunsets like this?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

AClark likes this.
  5. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #55 Jedi, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Texas Forever, randkin and Fat Viking like this.
  6. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Imperial Highway between Inglewood Ave. and Crenshaw Blvd.

Fat Viking likes this.
  7. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Perhaps a fort or castle with a mote would be OK, something easily defendable, especially now. You are quite the Jokester. :D:D:D

Fat Viking likes this.
  8. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Fat Viking likes this.
  9. ///criss

///criss Rookie

Jan 1, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Cristopher
    Grew up in Long Island now live in San Diego. Avg temperature, relaxed atmosphere very little bugs and year round activities. Car culture is second to none. Oh yeah and the Pacific Ocean!

10. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    (1) Are there bugs in West Hollywood or Beverly Hills?
    (2) Is West Hollywood or Beverly Hills better in terms of living and why?

///criss likes this.
  11. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    My 2 cents? San Luis Obispo. Boring. Hard to get to. Beautiful. My kind of place.

Then again, you’ll never catch me buying a place in California. The closest I would ever think about buying is Incline Village, NEVADA.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Fat Viking likes this.
  12. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Money no object, I would pass on SoCal and NY, and stay here in North Carolina. Much more reasonable cost of living, many of the same amenities, only a few hours away from both the coast and the mountains, great car scenes in all of the cities, no brutal winters like NY, plenty of gorgeous women everywhere. I could go on and on, but I wouldn't permanently leave NC for either of those places.

Texas Forever and Fat Viking like this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Your questions are so broad and relative. It's tough to answer. One person might love BH/WH; another might hate it.

There are no binary answers to the questions you've been asking. Also, your polls are starting to get quite excessive; take it down a few notes, my friend.

Paul

Jaguar36 and Fat Viking like this.
  14. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    1. Come on there are bugs everywhere but generally speaking bugs are not a serious issue in So Cal. It is generally too dry they like the moisture. Florida has bugs as big as Buicks and they don't go down easily.:rolleyes:

2. Haven’t lived in either neighborhood but I would generally say BH is preferred over WH. Most all of BH is very nice and WH is nice and not as nice. Also WH is close to Hollywood which is no longer nice at all. IMO

Fat Viking likes this.
  15. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    Is there flat land to build mansions in Beverly Hills?

16. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Doubt it, you would likely have to buy something and tear it down. The estates that have large parcels that are not fully built are likely owned by folks that don't want anyone closer to them. So doubt they would subdivide those few larger parcels and likely the owners don't need the $$$. if they did want to sell they would sell as an estate and be able to find buyers as offered. You would likely have to develop something in the hills with all those issues of hillside building and insurance. I local Beverly Hills realtor would have a much better feel for availability than I, as I have never looked to building in BH since I would not want to live in the city.

Fat Viking likes this.
  17. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Vintage Grocers in Malibu. I saw someone mentioned between Inglewood. Real estate there boomed recently with the addition of the new stadium.

Fat Viking likes this.
  18. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    Malibu is nice but it's prone to a lot of Wildfires so not gna build a Mansion there. I can understand why somebody said Inglewood, just did a Google Map Search on it, it's right near the Airport where u will c Models. Is Inglewood better than West Hollywood?

19. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    Will Local Authority permit u to chop down one of the hills?

20. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Nah, hillside ordinances are very strict! To do much of anything you will need consent of the neighborhood and likely the chances of getting consent are none and none.

Fat Viking likes this.
  21. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    NO

Fat Viking likes this.
  22. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Re – Malibu, if money is no object - clear the top of the hill where the home pad is be. Build with fire retardant building materials and full sprinkler system (including water holding tank) and surround the home with fire retardant plantings and have your own self-contained fire suppression system outside the home as well. In that manor you have a chance of finding an insurance company to insuring the project – maybe. Malibu is likely the most likely area to have land to develop close to LA, that I think you would find attractive to live. Ventura County has a plethora of land to develop but is an hour away from LA by car on regular traffic days.

Otherwise go South to Laguna Beach area but traffic to LA is likely worse if you plan to go there often.

Fat Viking likes this.
  23. Fat Viking

Fat Viking Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2019
    There r no Modelling agencies in The OC and I read that Miami is better than The OC but not LA, is that true?

24. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Inglewood for sure. Compton is nice too.

Fat Viking likes this.
  25. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Jeremy, Spicedriver is just playing head, Inglewood, Compton, Hawaiian Gardens etc. are completely non starters. Anywhere in South Central LA is a very difficult area. You would need a Fort or Castle with mote to feel safe, unless you have your own army of mercenaries to deploy around your facility.

Fat Viking likes this.