If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ? | Page 11 | FerrariChat

If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by elmadi, Aug 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    That is what a 3M sports car should sound like.

gzachary, jpalmito and elmadi like this.
  2. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    T50 is shaping up to be utterly amazing. I would be surprised if it doesn’t reach F1 levels of collectibility in time.

F2003-GA likes this.
  3. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Very much agree

4. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    The sound of this engine gave me chills really!

elmadi likes this.
  5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    me too:)

Jonathan19 likes this.
  6. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I can't wait to see the rest of the video! XP4 Ride.

elmadi, FF4X4 and F2003-GA like this.
  7. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    It’s all about the engine: Credit to Cosworth. And 35 years ago, again the star was BMW. All outsourced.

elmadi likes this.
  8. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Given that Cosworth produced the most successful F1 engine in history, whose race wins spanned decades, and also used in multiple types of other formula, then when building the best of the best, it simply make sense to go to those with the highest pedigree in their fields.

So rather than trying to be a jack of all trades and ending up a master of none, GMD are gathering the cream of the automotive world within this unique project.

The mule clearly shows that you need more than just an amazing engine, and as the next key elements fall into place, and only when they are signed off and ready then this car is going to have no equal for a very long time, if ever.

Those that had the funds, but held off committing must be kicking themselves now. I imagine very few examples will enter the open market once deliveries have been completed.

elmadi and subirg like this.
  9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not really. The DFV was a decent engine but was far from the best. The only reason for its success was that it used to power more than half of the field. Statistically it would just win more than the others. At any rate, the highest number of F1 wins belong to Ferrari engines.

elmadi likes this.
  10. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Who cares where the engine came from? It’s bespoke. It’ll go down in history as one of the all time great V12s. It will grace one of the all time great cars. It’s amazing.

elmadi likes this.
  11. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Given that Ferrari have been in F1 from the start then of course they have racked up the numbers, and those will be over a wide variety of engine types, and only had to look after themselves and the odd other b team. I was specifically referencing one engine, that being the dfv, to say it was far from the best is comical. The reason so many teams used them was that no one else could/would supply an engine to match it for a very long time, and cosworth did not join the game until 20 years after Ferrari, and they not been active in F1 for the last 17 years.

This is not a Cosworth v Ferrari debate, if they want to take on the T50 then it is also good to have healthy competition, lets see if they take up the challenge. and install an engine in an Icona to match the Cosworth v12s in both the T50 and the Valkyrie.

elmadi likes this.
  12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Depends on the kind of comedy one fancies. The DFV was some 50 HP on the V12s. It was just an economical and readily available engine. Imagine if Ferrari supplied half the teams with their V12s. They would win 90% of the races.

13. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Lotus, Tyrell, Mclaren, Williams, Brabham all beat Ferrari in the F1 world championship using DFVs so how would that have changed if all the other teams were all running that same Ferrari engine, if even Ferrari could not use it to beat them? Your logic makes no sense.

14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Those manufacturers had better chassis/aero. Ferrari's V12 was 30-50 BHP more powerful than the DFV V8 they were using.

15. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    If's buts, and maybes are never a good basis for trying to argue a distorted viewpoint against historical fact. The DFV was the engine that powered the F1 world champion in 1968/69/70/71/72/73/74/76/78/80/81/82 as well as countless Indy Car championships in methanol form. All pure luck was it!

To finish first, then first you have to finish.The DFV ensured that in 154 F1 races and 12 world championships.

16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Constructors' Championships are much more relevant. At any case Ferrari holds that record too.

17. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Change the argument when you cannot change the history, Cosworth are not constuctors, and this discussion is in regard to their engines. You are now simply arguing for the sake of it.

You can lead a horse to water......those blinkers must be very restrictive, I imagine they have a prancing horse embossed on them.

elmadi and subirg like this.
  18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    No, it's the same argument! I was talking about constructors championships won with a certain engine make. Ferrari engines have won 16 WCC. Cosworth (Ford) engines have won 10 WCC overall.

19. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm not in the market so just a punter pov, the t50 sounds great but does nothing for me otherwise. Putting a manual in a car like this seems foolish, and the styling is dated. However, I'd take one over an enzo, which I've never been a big fan of. I'd take any of the other ferrari super cars over a t50, though, make mine an f50 or LaF.

If truly unlimited money, I'd take a t50 and send it to Pininfarina for a properly styled body without that stupid fan and put an f1 trans in it (which that mule appears to have).

rmolke85 likes this.
  20. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The mule has a regular manual.

elmadi likes this.
  21. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #271 bobzdar, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Rewatched and you're correct. I don't think it makes sense with that kind of power tbh, on a road course you'd almost never have both hands on the wheel and that's the kind of car you want both hands on the wheel....

22. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Gordon Murray has repeatedly stated his reasons for having a manual, which he believes is an essential part of his dream drivers' car. It also seems like they are working on engine mapping exactly so that it is unencumbered by a "slower" manual trans.

elmadi likes this.
  23. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    me too

Jonathan19 likes this.
  24. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I believe the track version will have a sequential gearbox.

25. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    It's a A bespoke Xtrac IGS (Instantaneous Gearshift) six-speed paddle shift gearbox.

elmadi likes this.